Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Scarlets - Preview Sat 3:30 Sky Sports Action

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

I've no issue with that, he's been as immense as ever. I just think Ryan had a greater impact on the game and when the game was in the balance I felt him and Healy were making most of the hard yards.

It's the ideal situation though - 3/4 players in the running for MOTM and probably another handful there or thereabouts the conversation.

Thought Gibson-Park was very good too.

Can we get a Ooh Scotty, Scotty, ....Scotty, Scotty, Scotty, Scotty Fardy chant in Bilbao. Or does it already exist. Shamefully I haven’t been to a Leinster game all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

James Lowe on the pitch slapping backs. Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭topdecko

Incredible performance by Leinster - the soft hands of the forwards are fantastic as is the ability to capitalise on half breaks around the ruck. Thought Ryan deserved MOTM again - he is a machine. Can't see Munster or Racing stopping the juggernaut....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Asus X540L wrote: »
    The Pale are the best club side in world rugby now imo.

The rest are pale imitations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Lancaster swigging a heino. Class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Lancaster and Cullen have transformed this Leinster pack. The most one sided forward performance I can remember in a long time. Shingler, Davies and Barclay are quality backrows and had zero influence on the game. Beirne had two moments the entire game. One at the beginning, another at the end and 70 minutes of getting blown away by Leinster's pack.

Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

Unreal performance! They gave them nothing for 78 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Utterly dominant display.

Now Munster to make Bilbao that bit spicier!

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Could Kearney have offloaded?

Yeah in hindsight he should have. However that’s easy for us to say, very difficult to do if you’ve only one hand on the ball and being tackled.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,195 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wow, just wow

Bilbao here we come

• Advertisement

Try_harder wrote: »
    Tadgh deserved that

All the tries scored by Leinster men. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,324 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah in hindsight he should have. However that’s easy for us to say, very difficult to do if you’ve only one hand on the ball and being tackled.
    There was a Scarlets player between him and Ringrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was at the game. What a game, almost an anti climactic end with how easy it was. Highlight for me was when Uncle Joe and Andy Farrell walked past me with their young lads in tow on the way into the match. Gave them a thumbs up, Joe you're a legend. He looked at me with disapproval, likely because I was smoking. I don't disagree with his assessment

Lol and behold JGP having a decent game behind a proper pack.

Luke is a better player I think, but a lot of the criticism JGP gets comes from performances when he starts with the second or third string forwards playing ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Clegg wrote: »
    Lol and behold JGP having a decent game behind a proper pack.

Luke is a better player I think, but a lot of the criticism JGP gets comes from performances when he starts with the second or third string forwards playing ahead of him.

Yep, we have all been on at him from time to time but when given the starter pack he did the job. Kicks were decent, ball was quick enough when it had to be and he wasn’t afraid to see the need to clear out first and keep possession rather then being a scrum half

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Was at the game. What a game, almost an anti climactic end with how easy it was. Highlight for me was when Uncle Joe and Andy Farrell walked past me with their young lads in tow on the way into the match. Gave them a thumbs up, Joe you're a legend. He looked at me with disapproval, likely because I was smoking. I don't disagree with his assessment

You're gonna get skewered in the Monday video session

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

I'd give MOTM to Ryan.

Scored a try, offloaded to create another try. Probably made gainline with every carry.

He's an exceptional player. His breakthrough is going to be massive for Leinster and Ireland.

Bit of freedom for him today to open up the legs but he is happy and equipped to plough through the donkey work in the trenches when the team needs it.

Healy, Fardy and Murphy all in the running. Murphy has once again been - relentless, just works so hard and has terrific stamina.

Sexton imperious and McFaddan had a great first half. Kearney in the running but has to be a forward.

I'd have given it to Ryan as well, had the greater impact when the game was somewhat in the balance.

You forgot to mention Henshaw though, he was supercharged today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I know the forwards ploughed the road for him but JGP had every inch the top drawer game he needed to have, such a live wire all day.

If it comes to pass that McGrath is fit and JGP is rotated out to bring in Lowe for the final, it will be very harsh on him

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I know the forwards ploughed the road for him but JGP had every inch the top drawer game he needed to have, such a live wire all day.

If it comes to pass that McGrath is fit and JGP is rotated out to bring in Lowe for the final, it will be very harsh on him

No.

It won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Got serious grief in my block for getting pints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Good.

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Good.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Why?
    I'm guessing it was because people hate when they are trying to watch a match and they have to get up every 5 minutes for people going to get pints.

The Aviva is the worst stadium I've ever been at it for it. Constant flow of people all match long, with the exception of the All Blacks game in 2013 where people were rooted to the seats for the whole game.

Not saying you were disruptive, just guessing as to why you may have got grief. The proverbial straw perhaps.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I'm guessing it was because people hate when they are trying to watch a match and they have to get up every 5 minutes for people going to get pints.

The Aviva is the worst stadium I've ever been at it for it. Constant flow of people all match long, with the exception of the All Blacks game in 2013 where people were rooted to the seats for the whole game.

Not saying you were disruptive, just guessing as to why you may have got grief. The proverbial straw perhaps.

This. Nothing worse than sitting in a row with a group who are just out on the lash. If it’s not going for pints it’s going for a wizz. Up and down like yo yo’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Am I the only one who thought Leinster never really got out of third gear? Felt that they could take it up a notch of two if they really needed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Why?

What's been said.

I used to hate getting up from my seat every few minutes for people going to get beer or to take a piss. All I wanted was to enjoy the game and that always got in the way

I thought Henshaw was excellent. For a player that's missed 10 weeks he played like he had n time away.

He made some excellent carriers for serious metres but was world.class defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,324 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Am I the only one who thought Leinster never really got out of third gear? Felt that they could take it up a notch of two if they really needed to.
    Jonny Sexton said as much in the post match interview.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

First match in a long time I’ve been to where no one disturbed us getting pints, it was great. Why risk missing it, was a brilliant watch.

• Advertisement

We were 25 points up and I got dogs abuse for moving through 5 seats....im not exactly feeling bad about obscuring someone's view for 1 second

Advertisement