Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's The Division

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

skerry wrote: »
    Yeah, mossym had told me about the weak spot alright....didn't stop me unloading about 200 rounds into his face just to be sure though :D
    I did that before I was told about the weakspot and was like "Why the **** is this lad not dying?"
    Then I was informed... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I did that before I was told about the weakspot and was like "Why the **** is this lad not dying?"
    Then I was informed... :D

Pulse turret will also damage him directly, though on my low electronics Nomad build that looked like it would have taken about 5 mins on it's own. Even if you're soloing him if you get the distance right he will repeatedly come towards you and then run back so you have time to hit that box, I think it took 3-4 of those for me to finally set it off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Keyzer wrote: »
    Depending on how long they've been working on the sequel (which is all development time for the first game plus all the updates since ;-), it could be out quite soon.

Would be nice to see a completely different city - London would be cool but I don't know how the narrative would work? Follow on from first game or a new breed of mad people burning the place down.

I believe the current suspicion is for Washington DC to be the location. Some text hints in the dialogue seem to also support that, e.g. Faye Lau's reference to not being certain who's in charge there, and if the President is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

I wonder in the sequel will Benitez finally shut the f$ck up about Kekitch and the Last Stand every time you enter the terminal. I wish there was a mod that allowed you to empty a clip into that guys face every time he started to talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

I wonder in the sequel will Benitez finally shut the f$ck up about Kekitch and the Last Stand every time you enter the terminal. I wish there was a mod that allowed you to empty a clip into that guys face every time he started to talk.

Negative Ramos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

So what's everyone farming method for the Global Event?
    What mission or incursion? Solo or squad? Friends or randomers?

I'll be going for Lexington, solo for a while and maybe matchmake if I get bored (or melted)

I won't around for a good chunk of the weekend so Lex til my eyes bleed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,673 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've read that if you solo Lex on hard, get down to the boss, then open the match making and kill her, you can unlock one of the masks. Basically, finish a mission with a teammate without inflicting damage on each other which I hear is quite hard with the required mods. Other than that, I'm happy to farm lex on challenging in a group, get some GE credits to open since superior caches.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have everything really but I'll do an hour of Lex maybe a bit of hudson, the weekly HVTs, legendries and dragons Nest/Falcons Lost incursions.

It's not a bad idea to start your sessions with an LZ boss farm, since they only respawn every 4 hours. 15 bosses = an easy 2250 GE credits in about 30 mins (and that's mostly travel time). The weekly HVTs aren't bad either, the higher ones can still be done in 10 mins or so including travel and give a decent amount of GE creds for the time expended.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

What sets are this weekend?

Nomad
    D3FNC
    Predator
    Banshee
    Nomad

one was worth mentioning twice

One needs to seriously be banned from PvP :pac:

Any suggested builds (skills, talents) make the most of Strike?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any suggested builds (skills, talents) make the most of Strike?

D3-FNC would be good to stop you taking damage and exploding.
    I'm just getting on now with my striker build so the healing bonus from the 6 piece should be good.

Run Lexington, should be easy in a 4 man group with any build as the npcs all spawn in doorways. Use flame turret and wildfire talent

Lads you'd be frazzled from running Lexington. I have 5 pieces of Predators Mark set but only 3 Nomad so far, could be a long weekend. Picked up 2 exotic pew pews too, Thompson SMG and Devil Marskman Rifle.

Not the best start for myself, baby quiet all night, throw on the division, load into Lex and complete meltdown. Sorry Gator, must of our run was me being idle. Still managed to unlock a mask! Had to head off but managed to squeeze one more game in before calling it a night and unlocked a 2nd mask!

Gator, dudeile (and anyone else) feel free to send me invites or jump into my game any time, I'll try give ye a heads up if I have to jump off. She's so inconsiderate, like she didn't even know there was a new GE today...

Not the best start for myself, baby quiet all night, throw on the division, load into Lex and complete meltdown. Sorry Gator, must of our run was me being idle. Still managed to unlock a mask! Had to head off but managed to squeeze one more game in before calling it a night and unlocked a 2nd mask!

Gator, dudeile (and anyone else) feel free to send me invites or jump into my game any time, I'll try give ye a heads up if I have to jump off. She's so inconsiderate, like she didn't even know there was a new GE today...

Babies are notoriously inconsiderate when it comes to Global Events.

How did you pick up the masks, was it from a cache or specific activity? I think I need a mask in my life .....but not as much as I need 6 piece Nomad set.

Ran a couple of Lex solo to test out some FA damage to elite mods. Lost a small amount of dps, lost maybe 25K toughness (took me ages to figure out how) and gained 15% DTE

My regular character puts npcs down very quick & the gain from the DTE mods wasn't really noticeable, maybe killing them 0.5 of a second faster. Really noticed the loss of toughness though. 2nd run had to pop survivor link on the roof while I was never in any danger first time round.

Swapped out the house for a LWM4 with Destructive, Deadly and Determined. Determined got my super back before I cleared the next room. Makes sense to have an AR as a secondary as my gloves are rolled for AR damage. Another House goes back into the stash.

My gloves also have HOK which is really annoying me as I can't roll it out and don't really need it on a nomad, I'm making another set of gloves. Primary LVOAC has Responsive, Deadly and Vicious, the last two work real well together but I think I'll roll Responsive off for Destructive. Replacing responsive got me thinking I probably could swap out some crit damage on the LVOAC for stability. I also would like to get determined on a bullfrog for a secondary but then realised I won't have the attributes to unlock it.

My DTE without mods is only 12%, which is quite low but I don't want to change it as it will losing some crit damage which will weaken me in the DZ against enemy agents. Seriously considering a more PvP friendly nomad as an alt loadout even though I haven't been in the DZ in a month.

Starting to think the 8.7K in FA is overkill and would be better off shifting some of it to stamina.

Been thinking about this for hours and all sprang from deciding to run Lex twice just to test out the DTE mods.

Ran lex a few times, randoms were useless, either kept walking in front of me as I was shooting someone, ****ing up my striker stacks, or just doing next to no damage.

Last two runs Paddybomb from here ended up on the team, first one grand. Second the other two left, so me and him two manned it for the lolz. Surprisingly not that hard with two of us

• Advertisement

Babies are notoriously inconsiderate when it comes to Global Events.

How did you pick up the masks, was it from a cache or specific activity? I think I need a mask in my life .....but not as much as I need 6 piece Nomad set.

I got the Rider Mask for Bomb Proof commendation, it was actually the baby got me that one. First mission I did on lex with a group, kept having to duck behind cover and go idle before getting a few seconds to run to the next spot, managed to finish the mission and unlocked it for not taking any bomb damage from enemies or allies.

The classic hockey mask I got by commendation best frenemies. Wt5, hard, 3rd mod tac strike I think where there are red lines between you and teammates. If you take enough damage, you get explosive damage. If close enough to your team, they get it as well. This one was handy. Started on a team on lex and just stayed away from my team. Went to opposite rooms to them still fighting enemies. If one came over to me, I'd leg it somewhere else.

I like this classic mask, would have preffered the the hockey mask from last week but this will do, getting The Purge vibes off it. Might go rogue in the dark zone after this GE.

28698738_2094630057221417_5892252292334600431_o.jpg?oh=9a7982abcc20714a3c850f631557ca97&oe=5B02C1FB

http://thedivision.wikia.com/wiki/Face_Masks

I have sting on my predator, Rider on the Nomad and D3FNC but don't wear a mask on my reclaimer as I'm proud of his beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I've read that if you solo Lex on hard, get down to the boss, then open the match making and kill her, you can unlock one of the masks. Basically, finish a mission with a teammate without inflicting damage on each other which I hear is quite hard with the required mods.

I used this method last night and both masks (Classic & Rider) dropped, I was saying at the time that I had definitely taken explosive damage during the mission but when one of the lads joined at the end it must have reset the explosive monitoring and both dropped.

Classic Mask
    Commendation "Best Frenemies"
    Complete a mission without taking explosive damage from an ally while the Global Event "Strike" is active.

Rider Mask
    Commendation "Bomb Proof"
    Complete a mission without taking any explosion damage while the Global Event "Strike" is active.

The jungle mask can **** right off, kill riker boss 150 times. I saw a vid where you kill her at lex, die, respawn, kill her, die, repeat. Takes an hour or so. Naaaahh thanks.

Happy now just to get as many GE points as I can. I got my first exotic, Barret's chest plate. Does anyone even use high or exotic gear anymore or just stick to sets and classified's?

Badly need an exotic weapon drop.

I have 34 riker boss kills I know I said I wouldn't but I probably will. Several of the six set classifieds are so powerful they've really killed off the exotic gear usage.

Still have Times Square and Lexington legendries to run on my Reclaimer before the reset at midnight. I'll run them with you if you're around and you can have whatever's in my exotic cache.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Starting to think the 8.7K in FA is overkill and would be better off shifting some of it to stamina.

Been thinking about this for hours and all sprang from deciding to run Lex twice just to test out the DTE mods.

I've tried 2 different builds with extreme 9k+ on FA and ST respectively and in both cases I went back to a more moderate approach. E.g. on my Hunter's Faith (which I love) I found 7.5k FA with 5K ST was much more effective. Also strongly consider predatory on one of your weapons, even the pistol so you can tactically finish someone off with it and start that slow but long burning heal. What you lose in per-bullet damage you gain back in, well being alive to fire it :D but also you will be spending less time in cover trying to get your health back up enough to fire back so your ROF actually increases.

Yeah I think I'll bleed some FA into stamina. I'm not too pushed on predatory on the nomad as he has 25% HOK (actually 30% thanks to the stupid gloves), I don't use it on the Reclaimer either because of the magic box but always run it on my other two alts (Predator and D3FNC)

dudeeile wrote: »
    I used this method last night and both masks (Classic & Rider) dropped, I was saying at the time that I had definitely taken explosive damage during the mission but when one of the lads joined at the end it must have reset the explosive monitoring and both dropped.

Classic Mask
    Commendation "Best Frenemies"
    Complete a mission without taking explosive damage from an ally while the Global Event "Strike" is active.

Rider Mask
    Commendation "Bomb Proof"
    Complete a mission without taking any explosion damage while the Global Event "Strike" is active.

When exactly do you open matchmaking for this? Is it just before you run into the main room at the end or before Barrett and Co run out of the door at the end when you standing outside?

• Advertisement

Does anyone even use high or exotic gear anymore or just stick to sets and classified's?

You can still certainly make some very good stuff with a hybrid build. But classifieds are easy mode and top tier so everyone just uses them now.

Classified gear ruined the building aspect of the game IMO.

Advertisement