Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2018: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maunderevents

That event in April 1987 was filmed as scene for glenroe in titles u can see a snowy Wicklow
    From what I remember it was from that event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Oops69 wrote: »
    how many types of hail are there ?, we've done the snow one this year !
    highdef wrote: »
    Snow is not a type of hail? Or am I missing something with your statement?

I think what the poster means is that the various types of snow were mentioned during recent events.
    The question now is are there different types of hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Nature is finally starting to wake up from hibernation here in Cork City. While cold, a lot more trees have buds now, and the one that I mentioned before (as being the only one I saw with buds) has a few green leaves sprouting. Looking forward to seeing trees of green on the banks of the Lee again :p .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Monday looking fairly wet for the east. Wouldn't some nice mild, dry spring weather be nice!

ukprec.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Horrible night out there at the minute, feeling cold with heavy enough rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

HighLine wrote:
    Monday looking fairly wet for the east. Wouldn't some nice mild, dry spring weather be nice!

Fingers crossed that'll be snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

12 vehicle pile up on the M6 earlier likely because of hail. Not the first time that's happened recently

https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2018/0329/951042-collision-ballinasloe-galway/

Guess we got lucky here in Cork City, had one light spitty rain shower around lunch time and another light spitty one about 9pm'ish but otherwise its been sunny (and warm) at times withsome very dark clouds appearing but then moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It was warm in Cork yesterday? Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Well it was a beautiful day in West Clare yesterday. Not a drop of rain nor hardly a puff of air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Snow falling in Killballyowen, Aughrim yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/wicklownews/videos/1910264129015633/

When the sun was actually out and beaming down, yes there was warmth in it. When it was cloudy it was cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Cold wet grey slate skies.

As usual, a reminder for those.

STATUS YELLOW

Weather Advisory for Ireland
    A band of heavy rain in southern counties on Sunday night, will extend northwards overnight and during Monday, turning wintry with falls of sleet and snow in some areas.

Issued:Friday 30 March 2018 15:00
    Valid:Sunday 01 April 2018 18:00 to Monday 02 April 2018 18:00

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057857318

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

The old saying about March weather goes; "In like a lion out like a lamb, in like a lamb out like a lion". This year March most certainly came in like a lion so what is it going out like? Really not like a lamb, perhaps like a donkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We have had a few heavy hail showers today. A miracle in that Galway crash that no one was killed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The old saying about March weather goes; "In like a lion out like a lamb, in like a lamb out like a lion". This year March most certainly came in like a lion so what is it going out like? Really not like a lamb, perhaps like a donkey?
    A lamb with rabies 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lovely bright day in Castlebar, first consecutive nice Saturdays we have had in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Not nice in Dublin but not terrible either. Just overcast. Like I said, I'm more tolerant of cloudy weather recently, I don't care what the weather is from now till the end of next week as long as it's dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Brilliant blue skies west of Castlebar, look east towards Claremorris and theres some nice showers brewing ,nice high tops
    29920367_2049978561685923_1274398927_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeEmgr0UN8YWIGKU-SDBmCU09p_SRH5ri5U0ptNrnR8n7wsfLJrMBkfcDc1g_ai4WwhN-52YKPVId0fGWXGBe5CyvaeUK1GJDoJiF6xi3K6W1w&oh=9fb7037aa91854ac0ebed3c9c40e5123&oe=5AC1946A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Grand day in meath, was a bit cloudy this morning but sun is out now in a clear sky, feels cold though

Better evening now in Dublin 5 with the sun breaking through the clouds. Happy enough with this for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The difference a year makes. Met Éireann chart from March 26th last year, showing easterly winds but temps still managed to reach between 15 - 18 Deg. C (highest at Valentia) widely.

uaoiPkB.png

The 'IMT' mean temp for the year so far (up to March 30th) is standing at 4.9c, which is in stark contrast to the 7.0c recorded for the same period last year.

Data and map c/o Met Éireann.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Brilliant blue skies west of Castlebar, look east towards Claremorris and theres some nice showers brewing ,nice high tops

Nice pic Oscar. One of those showers hit here earlier with ping pong hail. Made quite the racket for a time.

New Moon

Hard to believe the above is in Dublin (of course I believe it)! The evening had dark grey clouds all over the sky except a little hole where the sun was. This just shows how a small distance makes a difference with weather. I remember in February 2017 I had a snow shower that lasted for around 20 minutes while my friend who lives in East Wall said he had rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Would happily take low teens at this stage. The rollercoaster is more like a merry go round at this stage, time to get off and wait for November.

A summer with nice sunshine and highs of 20-22c please chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I guess we are finding out who the true snow nuts are now.:D It seems me, blizzard7, pangea, nettle soup, artane2002 , wakka12, oops 69 are the only people who would welcome a mini beast in April. A lot of supposed snow lovers have gone over to the darkside- i love snow but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

I guess we are finding out who the true snow nuts are now.:D It seems me, blizzard7, pangea, nettle soup, artane2002 , wakka12, oops 69 are the only people who would welcome a mini beast in April. A lot of supposed snow lovers have gone over to the darkside- i love snow but...

Eh you forgot about me nacho 😂😂

Advertisement