Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile Gone bust

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Got the text to say they will be providing a full service free of charge. I got in contact with their chat support to ask how will I be charged for out of bundle calls and texts and they said I won’t be charged, I asked about premium calls and texts and they said they couldn’t comment on it. So what happens if I do have a premium text or call and they aren’t going to be collecting any more payments and have advised all services are free now?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

They told me they will investigate any bill over 75 euro and may seek payment on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the liquidator.

It's a good gesture not to charge people and it would be unreasonable to allow people ring up huge bills but they should be clearer about it rather than saying "no charges".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

sdanseo wrote: »
    You could donate it to charity by sending texts to 50300

e.g. text HOME to donate €4 to focus
    WELLY to donate to RNLI

theres a list of them here https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/discover/the-easy-way-to-support-irish-charities-this-christmas-766592.html

That's a great idea,. I have about 150 euro credit. Could get tax back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

iba wrote: »
    That's a great idea,. I have about 150 euro credit. Could get tax back.

You won't get tax back. Its not a cash donation, its below the tax back limit and most importantly - Revenue changed it so that only the charity can get the tax some years ago.

L1011 wrote: »
    You won't get tax back. Its not a cash donation, its below the tax back limit and most importantly - Revenue changed it so that only the charity can get the tax some years ago.

Ah ok. Still a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

such a pity in the 20 years since i first got a mobile ive been with a few of them and ID were the best and cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

with them nearly a year, irish call center, easy to read website

all ok until this week when apparently I've used 70€ of data over my 7gb allowance despite never having reached 7 GB previously.

Rang the call centre who adviced me to port across now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cyril42

Tried to donate to a few of the charities, the text was sent but my credit balance remained unchanged. Have they put a block on donating to stop people using up the credit balance .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I thought this service was great, until today.

They rang me saying that the letters they were sending me were getting kicked back from an address as it was a library in Garristown, Finglas....my address is Garristown Kells so obviously a balls up somewhere along the lines. I signed up in CPW straight over from a three a/c so the CPW may have balls it up or someone looked up the address on EIRcode and picked the wrong one . I signed up for paperless billing so never noticed before.

They told me it was fraud to have the wrong address on my account and asked me to send proof of address. Far as I can see I am fully paid up via Direct Debit and couldn't give a monkeys if they want to send me a closure letter along with the emails and texts I have already gotten about the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I thought this service was great, until today.

They rang me saying that the letters they were sending me were getting kicked back from an address as it was a library in Garristown, Finglas....my address is Garristown Kells so obviously a balls up somewhere along the lines. I signed up in CPW straight over from a three a/c so the CPW may have balls it up or someone looked up the address on EIRcode and picked the wrong one . I signed up for paperless billing so never noticed before.

They told me it was fraud to have the wrong address on my account and asked me to send proof of address. Far as I can see I am fully paid up via Direct Debit and couldn't give a monkeys if they want to send me a closure letter along with the emails and texts I have already gotten about the issue

If they outright accused you of fraud and assuming you gave them the correct address I'd read them the riot act.

That said, debt it still debt and will still be enforceable even if the company is liquidated. The liquidator will rightly chase you if the sum is in any way substantial but it certainly sounds like it's not, so above advice is sound. Off to Eir or whoever and forget they ever existed.

sdanseo wrote: »
    If they outright accused you of fraud and assuming you gave them the correct address I'd read them the riot act.

That said, debt it still debt and will still be enforceable even if the company is liquidated. The liquidator will rightly chase you if the sum is in any way substantial but it certainly sounds like it's not, so above advice is sound. Off to Eir or whoever and forget they ever existed.

no I don't owe them anything, have always paid by DD and I never went over the e20 quid I had signed up for nor to I intend to vary my usage in any way for the "free month"

2 of their staff mentioned the word fraud, I guess they'll have enough to worry about looking for new jobs, was a bit of a shock though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Tesco is now 4G and afaik does not have limits on call usage.

I must look that up, is that on prepay and billpay? it would be a good comparison for virgin media. I had some issues with tesco mobile before which they didn't resolve, I hear 48 is still about too. then 3, after that options are Eir or Vodafone, heard bad feedback and experienced myself for both regarding customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

1874 wrote: »
    I must look that up, is that on prepay and billpay? it would be a good comparison for virgin media. I had some issues with tesco mobile before which they didn't resolve, I hear 48 is still about too. then 3, after that options are Eir or Vodafone, heard bad feedback and experienced myself for both regarding customer service.

Fred is wrong, Tesco mobile is not 4G. I went with the Eir €15 simo for ID switchers. It’s good value.

Seems like I have to change numbers if I want to switch to Tesco , is there any way of keeping existing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭duvetdayss

cyril42 wrote:
    Tried to donate to a few of the charities, the text was sent but my credit balance remained unchanged. Have they put a block on donating to stop people using up the credit balance .

I'm the exact same. So annoying, I have 24 euro credit that I'm trying to donate

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

Three have a switch offee for ID customers (via them or Carphonewharehouse) - 5eur per month for 12 months!

https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/id-switchers

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

glen123 wrote: »
    Three have a switch offee for ID customers (via them or Carphonewharehouse) - 5eur per month for 12 months!

Thanks for that!

I have family members who still haven't switched. I'll be telling them that. 5 Euro is is crazy low amount.

How the hell are they going to make money from that?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that!

I have family members who still haven't switched. I'll be telling them that. 5 Euro is is crazy low amount.

How the hell are they going to make money from that?

I have 3 people incl myself))

I'd say, 5eur better than nothing for them and then who knows, half of the people will never leave after 12 months.

They also have a e30 pm deal with free iPhone 6 32gbs on same link, I was just about to sign up for same on Tesco but hesitating as was only 3G, nice one

The wife panicked and signed up for same deal in CPW 3 weeks ago for €45 PM and €70 for phone or something...

What's the catch? How long is the contract for, 18 months, 2 years?

What's the catch? How long is the contract for, 18 months, 2 years?
    Since it's a sim only plan, it's on a 30 day rolling contact

So it's a no brainer then unless I'm missing something.

So it's a no brainer then unless I'm missing something.
    What I did forget to mention is that its only €5 from month 2-13. Your first month is full price, then you get it for the fiver for 12 months after that.

That's the "catch" I forgot to mention.

So 30 euro + (12 * 5) / 13 = 6.92 euro a month.

Plus you get a 20 euro voucher.

Yes, 1st month 30eur.
    5eur after that for 12 months.
    Switched over myself and my son yesterday. Got 40eur worth of accessories.

Porting didnt go through, got a text to get in touch with Three. Called them this morning , they took all the details and 2 hours later the number was ported over.

30 days rolling contract. No catch really, but the only way for them to beat Eir offer, i think.

• Advertisement

So 30 euro + (12 * 5) / 13 = 6.92 euro a month.

Plus you get a 20 euro voucher.

Yup, it's pretty good value overall. That 20 voucher is only through Carphone though.

Advertisement