Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD Mobile Gone bust

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

EdgeCase wrote: »
    Are your handsets unlocked now?

Mine was before i ported over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hollyandivy

Yes handset is unlocked a good while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Messy, but it does seem reasonable enough if they've unlocked the handsets and aren't charging over the odds.

Typically you don’t usually own the handset until the contract is compete.

The guarantee is very problematic and I would argue that you should be able to negotiate a discount on the basis that you’ll have no support for the handset.

Work out what they’re charging you vs the original retail price and perhaps ring the liquidator and make an offer.

Alternatively, offer to return the device.

I'm going to hold on a while yet before paying. They said to fill out and return the DD form if you cancelled the DD payment. I never cancelled the DD but it has stopped coming out of my A/C. There seems to be misalignment between ID mobile and Beachamps.

EdgeCase wrote: »
    Messy, but it does seem reasonable enough if they've unlocked the handsets and aren't charging over the odds.

Typically you don’t usually own the handset until the contract is compete.

The guarantee is very problematic and I would argue that you should be able to negotiate a discount on the basis that you’ll have no support for the handset.

Work out what they’re charging you vs the original retail price and perhaps ring the liquidator and make an offer.

Alternatively, offer to return the device.
    Good advice I would say. I had written my previous post before seeing above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 CKparklands

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Are you going to pay off the phone ?

see i kind of have to in the middle of a mortgage application cant have anything like this go against me, but ill offer to pay 300 off it the 500 i owe.as a once of, these guys im sure are still making money from it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buzzer2016

anyone have any luck getting a reduction in cost of handset

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahdylan

bmm wrote: »
    Well IDmobile , its not as simple as that as you have broken the contract, not me ! If you don't honour the contract, neither will I . Sue me !!

Just wondering if you have paid anything off your id mobile ? I was emailed about it in June saying I had to pay 25/month which I couldn’t do. I’m a single parent currently in uni there is no way I can afford over 60 on a phone every month! Anyway, I didn’t hear anything else back through email or letter since! Have you heard anything? Thanks!

No communication since for me or from me:D.

They threatens me 2 months ago with debt collector, I haven’t heard anything since, prob takes a while to be passed on

• Advertisement

They threatens me 2 months ago with debt collector, I haven’t heard anything since, prob takes a while to be passed on

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

just wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me regarding the continued billing for the handset after ID Mobile went bust.
    I bought the phone on Sept 30th 2017 and signed a 24 month contract which meant i was still billed €18 each month for the cost of the phone.
    I was still billed in October and November and the email invoice has no contact details so i guess i'll have to deal with Carphone Warehouse to ask them nicely to refund the overpayment and then if that doesn't work, follow up with the small claims court. is anyone else having the same problem??

Also i know i could have cancelled the standing order but these things do affect the credit rating and i can't risk having my credit rating affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is it a standing order or a direct debit? Contact your bank - under SEPA you can request a refund of direct debits paid

These things don't affect your credit rating!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

maximoose wrote: »
    Is it a standing order or a direct debit? Contact your bank - under SEPA you can request a refund of direct debits paid

These things don't affect your credit rating!

+1 and he also needs to be prepared. A lot of banking staff unbelievably still aren’t up to date on consumer rights regarding SEPA DD refunds. Best way to do this is by phone rather than branch I find. He’ll most likely be fobbed off in branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

was just thinking about following up about my phone repayments, no contact details and want to know why im still being charged and what the tally is, I managed to get in contact with someone before about this but it was ages ago, it was some receiver who was dealing with ID mobile and repayments, no statement of payments or amount due, no contact details, anyone got the name and number?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

i contacted carphone warehouse as i bought the phone from them and they advised me to contact the Liquidators Friel Stafford info@frielstafford.ie. I'm going to send them an email now.

Advertisement