Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I don't understand how Waterford isn't included in the updated red warning. It has been snowing here since 8am yesterday morning and no sign of letting up. The road is still covered in a huge amount of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Jerry loves the rain :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Jerry is back :-(:-(

back where?
    what is he saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

P_1 wrote: »
    Hearing birdsong again for the first time in a few days

That's not song, it's birds screaming "feed us hoooomans"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Probably heavier snow here in South Dublin than there was during the previous nights, on the basis that there would have been a lot more had it snowed that heavily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Waterford downgraded to Orange even though its still.snowing... any of the experts here can you see the snow turning to rain later?? Hard to believe at the moment still snowing mad..significant snow on the ground..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It's not really a downgrade for those with orange/yellow warnings. It's a new warning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Waterford downgraded to Orange even though its still.snowing... any of the experts here can you see the snow turning to rain later?? Hard to believe at the moment still snowing mad..significant snow on the ground..

Yes, predicted to change to rain and thaw begins

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

erica74 wrote: »
    I don't understand how Waterford isn't included in the updated red warning. It has been snowing here since 8am yesterday morning and no sign of letting up. The road is still covered in a huge amount of snow.

Echoed my thoughts exactly Erica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Ok Snow has won todays battle with the thaw even at sea level (Pearse Street D2)

Starting to stick again ..filling in the gaps on roofs and foot prints ..this could be a full weekend of slow snow falling seing how slow its moving onshore ,,and lying snow will keep temps down I think ...lets hope the thaw is slow also ..no need for flooding now after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That's not song, it's birds screaming "feed us hoooomans"

Pair of robins hanging in here keeping each other going.
    Keep feeding folks and don't forget some water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

That red warning for Dublin, will have Lucan under pressure. Back garden almost up to my window now and that's not the drifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Drifts here in Tallaght easily approaching a metre now. There’s been no let up!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

Snow starting to really stick again, massive accumulations the last ten minutes in D12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Red alert in Dublin till 9am saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Accumulating fast now on all surfaces. Really coming down fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

its been snowing heavily here in D14 for about 6 hours now. its accumulating like mad in the last 1 1/2 hours too! My railings had no snow on them due to thaw, now they're back to what they were on wednesday morning! and still more to come too. jesus christ. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

wakka12 wrote: »
    Idk if you've seen MT's forecast but he predicts more large snowfalls in large parts of the country today and tonight

Cheers, just seen his latest update. Big night ahead for some I think, even worse than the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s unreal, never have experienced such heavy sustained snowfall and it’s getting worse....in Glasnevin and total white out ��

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody seen the reporter on sky news in Sallins - the place looks like the Antarctic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

its been snowing heavily here in D14 for about 6 hours now. its accumulating like mad in the last 1 1/2 hours too! My railings had no snow on them due to thaw, now they're back to what they were on wednesday morning! and still more to come too. jesus christ. :eek:

holy crap its getting heavier now..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

Snow starting to really stick again, massive accumulations the last ten minutes in D12

You should see Dundrum and feels like Siberia out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

They keep repeating on the news that people have cabin fever, and cant stay put much longer....

...Jesus christ it's been one day lads.

How would these people survive in an actual crisis?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

North Kildare does seem to have gotten the absolute worst of it by far, walking around Maynooth, there is 5 foot in many places and it's up to the door handle on my front door. Absolutely zero reprieve in terms of either thaw or the snow stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Relentless snow now in dublin 5, no thaw and I am right next to the coast. Just incredible, roads had been cleared quite well in the estate and now accumulating again.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

In palmerstown at the moment, threatened a slight thaw and then all of a sudden boom more accumulations from the fine snow, need to trek back to Clondalkin soon so that will be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Eoin247 wrote: »
    They keep repeating on the news that people have cabin fever, and cant stay put much longer....

...Jesus christ it's been one day lads.

How would these people survive in an actual crisis?

I've had snow on the ground here since Tuesday night.

Many have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Big time, more than the last 10 hours in ten min

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

I was a bit annoyed at the small snowflakes last night. At this point I'll take anything that accumulates quickly, like what the snow is doing right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

actaphobia wrote: »
    Yes, predicted to change to rain and thaw begins

Is that for all areas or just along the south coast, though?

Advertisement