Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Chong wrote: »
    Not trolling , it’s raining in Swords, very fine drizzle 100% not snow.

Hard to understand as light snow is being reported at Dublin Airport at 19.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Growzel :confused: falling heavily here in the Phoenix Park.Never saw the likes before and i remember '82 even but don't know what to call this stuff:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just before you head down to waterside Malahide, Mountgorry way

Glen Ellen here and its very fine snow at the minute.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DOCARCH wrote: »

Raining in D13. Definitely rain and lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Anyone have a link to that siobhan ryan forcast?

Even if you recorded it go back and record it on yer phone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do people actually want snow,it seems the majority on here want it so badly,why I don't know,I'm very happy we have feck all snow where i am and I don't bloody want it either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Raining here too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just before you head down to waterside Malahide, Mountgorry way

I'm less than 2km from you and it's snowing. Talk about local changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

What posts are you deleting?

That one and this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Zambian wrote: »
    Ive never seen Siobhan on the RTE forecast. Never watch it as I get the daily forecast from M.T. but dear god it,I thought she was near hysterical,if I was an elderly person I would be scared witless. Very strange way of presenting the forecast. That of course is my own opinion.
    There seems to be a competition to see who can outdo the other up there. Wish they would be in one of the older calmer forecasters would come on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

DOCARCH wrote: »

Prob live about 2km from the airport if I were to guess, I honestly am not trolling no reason to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It is raining at Grange, so I'm confused with the reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Still snowing in Drogheda. Little tiny flakes, but not rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭the 12 th man

Be careful what you wish for !

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ardinn wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to that siobhan ryan forcast?

Even if you recorded it go back and record it on yer phone :D

Yeah it sounds like it might be the 2010s reeling in the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    The most insane forecast Ive ever seen, If correct this is our generations 1947/82 guys. I feel like its all a dream.

This totally reminds me of the snows of '82. The longevity and thickness of it is all there.

Enjoy all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    In D14, It is pure powder snow and sub zero.

Defo not powder snow where I am in d14. Blizzard like conditions of sleet for over an hour now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anyone wanna make a guess when it will be picking up in cork city? So calm here at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Best weather forecast I’ve ever heard.

I just said the same to my wife as she wiped away my tears. Once in a lifetime stuff this lads and lassies, enjoy, for hamster Jesus sake enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Inquitus wrote: »
    Glen Ellen here and its very fine snow at the minute.

Same here just off main st

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭witzky

dubal wrote: »
    D14, just popped out to the shop, its eerily quiet.

Snowing lightly, not really visible, but my footprints were gone after 5 minutes.

Dubal

What shops are open? Im near tuning fork.

Ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 P.V.N.S.

Here in Tubbercurry Co Sligo we got a light cover of snow yesterday afternoon/early evening. It mostly cleared away with not much cloud cover today. Very cold wind right now but conditions far better this then yesterday so far. Hopefully we will avoid the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,355 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

sryanbruen wrote: »

Think the weather is just being a tease

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

sryanbruen wrote: »

The big picture. Must just be becuase the precip is so very light that it's varying between sleet/snow/frezing rain??

ecda1324258d0b2785cbfea00b794ff4.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Looking out my 2nd floor apartment window in coastal Dublin I can see in the lampposts what could be drizzle or snizzle driven by the wind. I’m in my slippers so not going out and my windows are north facing.

However I can see the cars outside and a small new dusting of white is appearing on the east facing windscreens of the cars below. No obvious melt. Now the roads not accumulating but..,,

So I say snizzle. If this were rain for an hour all snow would be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Defo not powder snow where I am in d14. Blizzard like conditions of sleet for over an hour now

where in D14? Lots of mixed reports across the city it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Folks any indications when the thunder & lightening starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

wakka12 wrote: »
    For the excellent knowledgeable posters on here. Given the direction of the storm, will the Wicklow/Dublin mountains act as a shield for the Dublin 16/Rathfarnham area?
    I doubt it, Im pretty sure they'd factor that into the forecast when they predicated a metre of snow for south dublin, well I sure hope so. Had enough misery from the isle of man shadow !
    Yes, in fact I think they were predicting something like the opposite of a shield(?) - that the wind (with a Northerly component?) would be blowing the clouds over S Dublin, sort of unsucessfully up the hills, where they would rise a bit and deposit snow, fall a bit, rise again, and so on(?)

*not a knowledeable poster* :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

sdanseo wrote: »
    I'm less than 2km from you and it's snowing. Talk about local changes.

Tis a bit mad, I am 4.5k from airport crazy how it can differ.

Advertisement