Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Evil_g wrote: »
    Ah here. That's definitely happened before. Surely?

Plenty of times yes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

doylefe wrote: »
    All the ones that don't meet the minimum required levels of hyperbole and hysteria.

And your out of here for few days , folks all trolling will be dealt like this now ,the mod team have lives of our own to live and I want to enjoy this event with like minded folks on here not how it has been so far this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I've ran out of biscuits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Chong wrote: »
    Not trolling , it’s raining in Swords, very fine drizzle 100% not snow.

Mad. At airport 3km away, it's snow. Also snow here in Malahide.

Maybe freezing rain?

EIDW 011900Z 08030G40KT 3000 -SHSN SCT008 SCT018CB BKN020 M01/M03 Q0999 R10/610395 TEMPO 1500

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Ive never seen Siobhan on the RTE forecast. Never watch it as I get the daily forecast from M.T. but dear god it,I thought she was near hysterical,if I was an elderly person I would be scared witless. Very strange way of presenting the forecast. That of course is my own opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Safiri wrote: »
    That's happened loads of times before though.

I know it has which is what made me confused of the post by Elmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

The most insane forecast Ive ever seen, If correct this is our generations 1947/82 guys. I feel like its all a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Tiny bits of ice here in D15, melts on contact with the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Very windy in D18 with fine snow falling (definitely not rain!), have about 1cm accumulation outside the backdoor from where it was cleared earlier but most of that has been in the last hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Best weather forecast I’ve ever heard.

Really sense the urgency and epic-ness in her voice. Just short of saying lads this is gonna be mental!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Amprodude wrote: »
    Where?

SW of Mallow town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

jdcv94 wrote: »
    It was sleety rain an hour ago in Wexford but it's snowing now and accumulating for the first time this week. It's on it's way Dublin folk.

Sleety rain in D14 as far as I can see (lamppost watching). Was wondering whether this was it for us, but hopefully it will start proper snowing soon. Fierce enough wind, though.
    Minister wrote: »

I was out in it all day driving for work. I genuinely can't understand what the fuss has been. You just assess what's going on around you and act accordingly taking as few risks as possible; whilst at the same time being prepared and organised.

Storm hasn't hit, as far as I can tell. That's what the red warning is, well, warning against.

Minister wrote: »
    Other countries don't make as much of a fuss and noise....... They just get on with it. Only ones carrying on as usual and without fuss appear to be farmers.

Other countries experience this type of event more frequently, and so are better prepared.

Zambian wrote: »
    Ive never seen Siobhan on the RTE forecast. Never watch it as I get the daily forecast from M.T. but dear god it,I thought she was near hysterical,if I was an elderly person I would be scared witless. Very strange way of presenting the forecast. That of course is my own opinion.

She needs a hot whiskey after that one alright. Mental forecast. Absolutely epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Heavy snow clouds moving up into south Dublin now - bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭aidanodr

The latest weather update from #Cork City Council #StormEmma

https://twitter.com/EoinBearla/status/969291219414257665

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Where in swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Is the rte weather online yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

Not sure how reliable Sky News weather is but they shown a big patch of snow over Ireland in a diagonal line from Wexford to Sligo and stretching from Limerick to Louth still at 18:00 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

sdanseo wrote: »
    Mad. At airport 3km away, it's snow. Maybe freezing rain?

EIDW 011900Z 08030G40KT 3000 -SHSN SCT008 SCT018CB BKN020 M01/M03 Q0999 R10/610395 TEMPO 1500

I know , trust me big fan of snow and this whole story past few days but my living room window is sopping rain. Stuck the head out the front door and felt like drizzle to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Same as in Fairview. I thought it may be light snow but upon tactile investigation there is no doubt to me that it’s mostly rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    The most insane forecast Ive ever seen, If correct this is our generations 1947/82 guys. I feel like its all a dream.

I think it might just be glad my kids are old enough to remember this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

If a metre of wet snow is to fall on south dublin would there be any problems structurally with some buildings? Surely that would be an absolutely massive weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With the warning extended till 6pm I wonder will the major supermarkets stay closed? Supplies are low especially chocolate and Coke!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lashing rain in D13. That’s the end of the snow so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Your thoughts on Newbridge tonight? Hasn't stopped snowing all day, and with those drifts its getting up to 3/4 feet in places, will this storm hit us straight on? Because we will literally be snowed in

I think this is a once in a lifetime event that we are going to witness , could be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Evil_g wrote: »
    Ah here. That's definitely happened before. Surely?

If that's in relation to the "ice Day", Evelyn cusack seemed to define it as nowhere in Ireland got above freezing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

jds0ur wrote: »
    Where in swords?

Just before you head down to waterside Malahide, Mountgorry way

Boards as a whole:
    6,300 (2,833 registered, 3,467 guests)

Weather forum:
    2829 (1101 members & 1728 guests)

Go easy on the F5 keys again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Achasanai wrote: »
    Sleety rain in D14 as far as I can see (lamppost watching). Was wondering whether this was it for us, but hopefully it will start proper snowing soon. Fierce enough wind, though.

Storm hasn't hit, as far as I can tell. That's what the red warning is, well, warning against.

Other countries experience this type of event more frequently, and so are better prepared.

In D14, It is pure powder snow and sub zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

sdanseo wrote: »
    She needs a hot whiskey after that one alright. Mental forecast. Absolutely epic.

I missed it , was their any dramatic upgrade and if so for what parts ?

Advertisement