Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So is it starting as a light snizzle and once it comes in further we get snow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

doylefe wrote: »
    Hardly warrants bold text

It does with the amount of off topic posts. It is to get our attention to tell people to stop

To make this on topic, very poor visibility in Dublin 5 with the snow particles and wind and blowing snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another forecast for the archives, bloody hell!

Snowing since I woke up this morning near Maynooth as well, assuming it didn't stop much overnight that'd make 26.5 hours of pretty much continuous snow here now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

What posts are you deleting?

All the ones that don't meet the minimum required levels of hyperbole and hysteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Siobhán on RTÉ just now: "serious, copious, significant, possibly record breaking snow"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Where's Nettle Soup ? need some humor around here

I am busy writing poisonous hate mail to Joanna for not giving me a sign that she was reading my posts on Boards.

Very excited about Emma v Beast and I really hope the west gets some fallout.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What posts are you deleting?

All the rubbish ones , bickering , trolling , oh there has been plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Everything seems to be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Definitely snow in Dublin city center, crisis over thank god, and the wind is whipping up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

leahyl wrote: »
    She hasn’t said relentless yet

Or incessant :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Jojo37

Red warning extended until 6pm tomorrow.
    Waiting for the email from work to say don't come in tomorrow 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Starting to rain in Waterford - ferry bank side of the river....

I was out in it all day driving for work. I genuinely can't understand what the fuss has been. You just assess what's going on around you and act accordingly taking as few risks as possible; whilst at the same time being prepared and organised.

Other countries don't make as much of a fuss and noise....... They just get on with it. Only ones carrying on as usual and without fuss appear to be farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

It was sleety rain an hour ago in Wexford but it's snowing now and accumulating for the first time this week. It's on it's way Dublin folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Epic weather forecast. EPIC!!!!

Best weather forecast I’ve ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Speak Now wrote: »
    Wonder did he mean March?

Plus what's the criteria? How many stations?

March 1965 had some ice days for Ireland.

archives-1965-3-1-0-1.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wonder did he mean March?

Plus what's the criteria? How many stations?

Possibly?

Criteria is temp not over -0.1c for a 24 hour period - midnight to midnight.

Any station that gets that records an ice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Not trolling , it’s raining in Swords, very fine drizzle 100% not snow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus I need a lie down after that Forecast on RTE
    Missed it, was it only for the East?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

JJayoo wrote: »
    What depth of snow?

I measured 10 inches out the back. It's drifting so it's hard to get an accurate measurement. Some drifts 15/16 inches. Some even more. Winds been heavy all day.

Snow was big enough earlier but as the winds picked up more it's got really tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭stevenup7002

Okay, I kind of resent being called a troll just for saying there's freezing rain... Here's a picture:

OQwwk1W.jpg

It's extremely smooth and slippery, and practically invisible without the camera flash.

I can only imagine how dangerous this is to walk/drive in (it's practically invisible without the camera flash), so I thought it was worth posting about...

I'm sure it will turn to snow later. I'm not looking to dash people's hopes here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

I went against the panic buying and stocked up expecting to get the shops tomorrow.

If the warning has been extended would it be safe to assume all shops will follow suit? And would assume they won't be open at 6pm!

Food I'm good for but the wine situation will be dire by tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

This is a snowstorm memorable event , probably for years to come , record breaking snow ,

Go Siobhan !!!! Weather now on RTE

Your thoughts on Newbridge tonight? Hasn't stopped snowing all day, and with those drifts its getting up to 3/4 feet in places, will this storm hit us straight on? Because we will literally be snowed in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Hasn’t stopped snowing all day in Longford but not too sure if the forecasts tend to include us as “midlands” being the most northwestern of Leinster counties !

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Evil_g

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Temperatures stay below 0c throughout the day.

Ah here. That's definitely happened before. Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Minister wrote: »
    Starting to rain in Waterford - ferry bank side of the river....

I was out in it all day driving for work. I genuinely can't understand what the fuss has been. You just assess what's going on around you and act accordingly taking as few risks as possible; whilst at the same time being prepared and organised.

Other countries don't make as much of a fuss and noise....... They just get on with it. Only ones carrying on as usual and without fuss appear to be farmers.

facepalm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Graupel?

Freezing Rain? That will bring down power lines!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Light flurries of fine snow falling here in South Tipperary, near Clonmel. Temperature seems to dropping slightly again.

Roads around the estate are dodgy with snow from last night/this morning. No major wind as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Was incorrect earlier, is definitely snow as the roads are white again and we're clear a couple of hours ago

Honest mistake though and initially did seem more rain/ sleet like than snow

Sometimes I can be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Or incessant :)

All the while :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Safiri

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Temperatures stay below 0c throughout the day.

That's happened loads of times before though.

Advertisement