Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Something else this .. north Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

RE: Road Conditions
    Here in Dublin 5, the general snow level is almost up to the level of the kerb, with drifting too. I'd say there's around 20cm on the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Coming down heavy in Phoenix Park for last 45 mins,very gusty wind blowing it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It's like a blizzard here in Terenure

Nothing out this way anyway in shankill and bray

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

All gone very quiet in cork city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Been looking forward to this all week. Got a text from work to say the office is closed tomorrow and I’m in bed with the flu :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

After getting in under a streamer last night looks like Newbridge and Naas will have to wait its turn tonight to get in on the action :cool:

443515.png
    Anything in Newbridge now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

Thunder and lightning her on the offaly and kildare border.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lost4Life

Blizzard conditions in Dublin 7. Very windy. Snow levels increasing by the minute. -3. Got destroyed on my short commute to the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    A feck....:mad: Only some snizzle/very light snow in Dublin 16.

That last shower skipped over our heads and dumped it's load on Naas/Blesington. A bit annoying really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Oh she be bucketing down in Newbridge now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Artane2002 wrote: »
    RE: Road Conditions
    Here in Dublin 5, the general snow level is almost up to the level of the kerb, with drifting too. I'd say there's around 20cm on the grass.

Yes impressive - up to kerb in about 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Incessant snowfall, no end in sight. Turning out to be one of the more memorable snow events in my memory and defo surpasses 1987 at this stage.

If we get this main event Thursday night, well 1982 watch out, it maybe on a par with you :))

-3.2C
    12cm accumulated since midnight now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Sonofabeech! Stuck in Birmingham Airport as Cork is closed. Looks like I'll miss snowmagedon.

Oh she be bucketing down in Newbridge now

Godammit, what are you people paying these showers to skip over us here in South Dublin! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Rougies wrote:
    That last shower skipped over our heads and dumped it's load on Naas/Blesington. A bit annoying really.

Not in Blessington Rougies. Still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Little flurry in Limerick city at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I'm still stuck in work in Dublin city centre, can anyone tell me if it's snowing in D1? :D (I'm in a windowless room!)

Just stopped. I'm in the pub in D1 if you fancy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Snowing hard in Navan and the wind is so sharp it almost matches my Mum's look when we were being bold.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Snowbie wrote: »
    Incessant snowfall, no end in sight. Turning out to be one of the more memorable snow events in my memory and defo surpasses 1987 at this stage.

If we get this main event Thursday night, well 1982 watch out, it maybe on a par with you :))

-3.2C
    12cm accumulated since midnight now

Not a flake here. :(

• Advertisement

Chrongen wrote: »
    Just stopped. I'm in the pub in D1 if you fancy one?
    Ah still have another hour or so to go here, would love a pint though! :D

Not in Blessington Rougies. Still waiting.

Ah fair enough. The radar is being quite misleading with these showers. I think it is showing them all further south than they actually are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nothing in Monasterevin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

oGnmMYffk3gYUaqD2

Getting a great covering in Maynooth. Had a big accumulation last night and just adding to it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

After getting in under a streamer last night looks like Newbridge and Naas will have to wait its turn tonight to get in on the action :cool:

443515.png

That image looks like some Dub drew a line with red marker on a map for their one wish from a genie lamp for snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

White out in celbridge, all tracks that were made today are covered now. Very very windy also.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

1hr non stop snow here in Clondalkin. The cleared roads are pure white again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭GreyEagle

According to the Government Task Force on Emergency Planning, we should all be indoors from 4pm tomorrow. Can we look forward to a baby boom around 1st Dec next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Watched TV3 weather special. Didn't hear Connacht or ulster mentioned once with Emma. Yes won't be as bad but still an orange for them lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Claire6

Does it absolutely infuriate anyone else when people say "ah Ireland is so dramatic, Canada/Poland/Austria get this weather all the time"?

Eh yes but that is their climate. Absolutely head wrecking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement