Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

When are we expecting to see Emma arriving?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

There has been an orange warning for Connaught since earlier today.

Don't eat oranges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Insane snow the past hour or two in dublin 5. Just walked down to the coast road, the wind was raw and the snow just relentless coming from howth direction. Snow starting to accumulate towards dolly mount strand. Just amazing to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Starting to snow lightly here in North Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

pad199207 wrote: »
    It just has ta! :D

Thank the ****in lord

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

A few light flurries here in North Tipperary at the moment. Today's heavy snow has now frozen and the roads and foot paths are treacherous.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Sounds like north Dublin with all the fun. South side and North Wicklow morning. Hoping this changes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: Moved some posts re work/ advice re employers to here as might get better help there, thanks .

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057844895

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

What a crazy day!

Drove Dub - Naas and back today taking it handy was fine. Won't do same tomorrow due to visibility issues!

Lamp post watching in Tallaght now and best way to describe it is the snow dancing! Few mins of standard snow falling then few mins of driving snow!

The roads near us have been treated quite well... neighbours all got cars manouvered today so we are all ok and own cars safe from any strays that may come onto the road.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

443530.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lucyryan1983

Badabing wrote: »
    Went for a walk around the Old Bawn area in Tallaght, roads and footpaths are very icy. Not much fresh snow in the last 3 or 4 hours.

I'm in Old bawn to ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone in around tuam give me update on the conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

BIG flakes now in whiteout conditions. D5. Excellent night. Would you believe, I actually missed out on the 2nd cold spell of 2010 because I was on holidays! I swear, I left literally the day when it got bad! The November 2010 thundersnow is unforgettable. My brother and I woke up in shock because of the lightning. Would love a recreation of this later tonight (asking for too much, because tonight and last night alone are memorable!). Tyre tracks being covered up instantly here.

EDIT: WTF, big gust of wind here sent the snow flying up from the ground!!

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Jeez missing out here today in Kilcullen Co Kildare, the shift to a more easterely wind sees us about 20 miles to the south of a big streamer line. Angelsey rain shadow very noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Nice sideways snow going on in Dublin 4 now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

More Irish Craziness :cool:

http://bit.ly/2HRlM46

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Jesus whats happening with Portlaoise?Feck all snow this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Dublin 9 has seen a great snowfall the last hour or so. Had to go out to the bins and was almost cut in two woth the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

:DLads Christmas fm is apparently gonna be on air tomorrow for the day.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Everything bathed in an orange glow here in Finglas, with beautiful snow making it all blurry. I love snow.

• Advertisement

I'm still stuck in work in Dublin city centre, can anyone tell me if it's snowing in D1? :D (I'm in a windowless room!)

I'm still stuck in work in Dublin city centre, can anyone tell me if it's snowing in D1? :D (I'm in a windowless room!)

Can't tell you about the snow but wondering how your getting home?!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Can anybody update what the roads are like if the snow is sticking to it? Or is it too much of a slushy wet mess to stick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

crustybla wrote: »
    :DLads Christmas fm is apparently gonna be on air tomorrow for the day.:D

Are you serious or taking the proverbial :)

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Can't tell you about the snow but wondering how your getting home?!
    I live a 20 minute walk away so (carefully) walking :)

Vxlks wrote: »
    Can anybody update what the roads are like if the snow is sticking to it? Or is it too much of a slushy wet mess to stick?

Here in Dublin 9 paths and road have frozen again so everything is sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Lamp post watching is well and truly over for me - all the windows are frozen and covered in snow. Heavy falls last night, this morning and non stop for the last 4 hours - can’t imagine what tomorrow will bring!! - Tullamore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

It's all over fb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Appears to be correct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Coming down good in east Cork (Carrigtwohill) again. Delighted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement