Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LongshotValue 40 bets 1 year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I took it as a joke tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Ascot 3:00
    Its not often in a race like y=this you would see last years winner in the form of his life, of a mark he can perform of at 14/1. That said Regal Encore is about as inconsistent as you could see. His run when we put him up EW in the Hennessy was the best run of his life and he was a nice bit clear of the rest of the field behind two real prospects. 14/1 is worth the risk
    1 Point win 14/1 365/coral/stan

Ascot 3:35
    Going with the fairly obvious big priced outsider here is Fergall. He ran well here last year a couple of times and again caught the eye in the much stronger Galway Hurdle this year. He is very lightly raced but can perform of this mark. 28/1 is definitely value here. Some at the top of the market don’t appeal at all and to me it looks as if Elgin should be favourite. He has gone up a lot in the weights, but I fancied him for the Supreme last year so I think he is still capable of improvement.
    1 Point win Fergall 28/1 365 25/1 Generally
    1 Point win Elgin 9/1 365 8/1 generally
    Haydock 2:45
    No Planning really catches my eye here on a light weight. He is proven of much higher marks in very soft ground. He has been dropped a fair way this year for a few admittedly poor runs but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he improves here with a lot in his favour. 16/1 on the face of it seems the right price but my gut is saying its going to look very big later.
    2 Points win 16/1 Paddy 14/1 Generally

Its not often in a race like y=this you would see last years winner in the form of his life, of a mark he can perform of at 14/1. That said Regal Encore is about as inconsistent as you could see. His run when we put him up EW in the Hennessy was the best run of his life and he was a nice bit clear of the rest of the field behind two real prospects. 14/1 is worth the risk
    1 Point win 14/1 365/coral/stan

Ascot 3:35
    Going with the fairly obvious big priced outsider here is Fergall. He ran well here last year a couple of times and again caught the eye in the much stronger Galway Hurdle this year. He is very lightly raced but can perform of this mark. 28/1 is definitely value here. Some at the top of the market don’t appeal at all and to me it looks as if Elgin should be favourite. He has gone up a lot in the weights, but I fancied him for the Supreme last year so I think he is still capable of improvement.
    1 Point win Fergall 28/1 365 25/1 Generally
    1 Point win Elgin 9/1 365 8/1 generally
    Haydock 2:45
    No Planning really catches my eye here on a light weight. He is proven of much higher marks in very soft ground. He has been dropped a fair way this year for a few admittedly poor runs but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he improves here with a lot in his favour. 16/1 on the face of it seems the right price but my gut is saying its going to look very big later.
    2 Points win 16/1 Paddy 14/1 Generally

King George
    There is so much racing on today but to be honest none of it is the type of big weekend handicap that I normally have a good look at. I’ve been looking at the King George all week knowing who I was going to pick but trying to convince myself that there was other options. When I look at the actual form of the contenders, I’m not sure of the strengths of some of the favourites here.
    I’m a big fan of Might Byte, but on the face of it he wasn’t that impressive on his seasonal reappearance and beat Whisper twice last year, but wasn’t that hugely impressive the second time and Aintree.. There is no guarantee yet that he is the second coming that his price here indicates.
    Whisper looks improved this year and its possible he may be better than Might Byte of form now, but I think he would want to be winning that poor Hennessy to be a true grade 1 horse.
    Similarly, Fox Norton would have to win that Tingle Creek to be of interest here even though it is over a much shorter trip, it was a very poor renewal.
    Bristol De Mai is a Grade 1 horse now but its unlikely he will get his favoured conditions here and this race is completely different than a heavy Betfair.
    Tea for Three, Double Shuffle and Traffic Fluide shouldn’t be good enough although I wouldn’t be surprised if Traffic Fluide outran his odds here.
    That leaves the only horse I’d be pricking anyway after all that waffle. Thistlecrack’s win last year actually reads a lot better than some give it credit as Cue Card and Tea for Three both won Grade 1s after. I had a good laugh at all the giving out about his reappearance as he would only have 1 real target and that is today.  He ran the type of race that I often look for in a horse that needed the run in that he travelled well and just blew up 2 out. He loves a fence and this is his perfect trip and course. His price keeps going out and the 8/1 available now is plenty big enough to take account of the risk that he may never be the same horse as he was.
    2 Points win 8/1 365/hills/betfair/powers

Leopardstown 3:00
    Apache Stronghold really sticks out for me here at a huge price. He was a near top class novice and id be happy enough with his run last time out behind the fav here Polidam. He had been off for a long time and it was only his second run back. He also has a big turnaround in the weights and will be suited by the step up in trip. I was really surprised by his price of 50/1 with 6 places. I think the extra value of the 6 places also warrants a decent EW bet.
    Ill also give Road to Riches one more chance of a decent mark with a  7lbs claimer on. The slightly better ground here will suit and I think he still has a decent performance in him as a 10 yo.
    2 Points EW Apache Stronghold 50/1 6 places betfair/Paddy
    1 Point EW Road to Riches 50/1 6 places betfair.paddy

• Advertisement

Leopardstown 3:00
    Apache Stronghold really sticks out for me here at a huge price. He was a near top class novice and id be happy enough with his run last time out behind the fav here Polidam. He had been off for a long time and it was only his second run back. He also has a big turnaround in the weights and will be suited by the step up in trip. I was really surprised by his price of 50/1 with 6 places. I think the extra value of the 6 places also warrants a decent EW bet.
    Ill also give Road to Riches one more chance of a decent mark with a  7lbs claimer on. The slightly better ground here will suit and I think he still has a decent performance in him as a 10 yo.
    2 Points EW Apache Stronghold 50/1 6 places betfair/Paddy
    1 Point EW Road to Riches 50/1 6 places betfair.paddy

1:55 leop

Rathvinden in my eyes is equal at lest to the fav here and can't be 6 times his price . He gave death duty a decent race and the 11/2 available is value . He is more experienced than Monalee as well

2 points win 11/2 generally

2:05 Chepstow
    I’ve had Firebird Flyer in mind for this for what seems a long time now. He is a horse that I’ve followed with success in the past and he will relish both the trip and ground here. He travelled really well into this race last year when the savage pace from the start probably cost him with the additional 11lbs that he had to carry as well. He has also been 2nd in this before of a higher mark and won the Midlands National of 8lbs higher. I’m pretty sure that he needed to drop a good few pounds to get fully competitive here again and managed that last year with a number of poor performances. His seasonal opener over hurdles was eye catching when running on in 3rd, behind 2 decent horses, consider all the P’s in his for before that. He just has to have been prepared for a tilt at today’s race and should get competitive. 40/1 with 5 places is certainly value here.
    2 Points EW 40/1 5 places paddy/betfair 33/1 6 places sky.

Wincanton 2:40

its not often I will fancy 2 in a 6 horse race but I think the 2 outsiders here from V Williams yard can get very close in ideal conditions . The rest are either too high in the weights or won't go on the ground .I think they will both shorten .

1 point win Uhlan Bute 10/1

1 point win Pressurise 12/1

Wincanton 2:40

its not often I will fancy 2 in a 6 horse race but I think the 2 outsiders here from V Williams yard can get very close in ideal conditions . The rest are either too high in the weights or won't go on the ground .I think they will both shorten .

1 point win Uhlan Bute 10/1

1 point win Pressurise 12/1

• Advertisement

Kempton 2:40

Dino Velvet certainly has a few pounds in hand here. Weather it is enough to win a competitive race like this is questionable but I think he is the type of improver that can spring a surprise here. He caught the eye last time out when possibly coming down the wrong side when looking like he could get involved in a similar race to this. What really sticks out for me is his performance in the Fred Winter at the festival last march. He got really badly baulked and still finished his race well from miles too far back of a 2 lbs higher mark than today. 28/1 seems very good value

1.5 Points EW 28/1 265/Hills ¼ Place 25/1 Generally

2:10 Punchestown
    Every Horse has its price and I think there may be a bit of value in the outsider of the field here .Makitorix pulled too hard last time out and then had a jarring jump 4 out that knocked the stuffing out of him. I think he travelled well in that Grade 1 and wouldn’t be surprised if he performed a lot better here. 100/1 is easily worth a shot.
    1 Point EW 100/1 352/hils/boyles/betfair

3:15 Kempton
    The Young Master will be much better suited to this test than his last run over the National Fences. The favourite here is probably a fair bit overrated on what he has done and given he also fell on his last 2 runs he has to be taken on. 8/1 is certainly too big for the Young Master.
    2 Points win 8/1 365/lads/vc

3:35 Warwick
    I’ve been looking at this race all week without really coming down on the side of anything. I’m now getting interested in Cogry here at a half decent price. He has a superb record around here and although he jumped poor enough in the Hennessey this race is far more his level. His win at Cheltenham was really good and any repeat of that form even with the extra few pounds would put him right in the firing line. We’ll have a small go at 11/1
    1 Point win 11/1 Generally

Haydock 3:15
    Fine Rightly is a horse with a bit of class that will go on this ground. I think a mark of 143 is well within his compass and although he will need to improve on some of his recent runs, he hasn’t been without promise this year. We’ll certainly get a good run for our money, as he will definitely trade a lot shorter in running, given that he is a very strong traveller. 25/1 looks value
    1 Point EW 25/1 4 Places 1/5th Paddy 25/1 3 places ¼ elsewhere
    Minella Daddy is the one of most interest to me here. He has been of the track for a long time but has some really top class course form and in particularly was 2nd in a much stronger Handicap here of 3lbs higher. He was a horse with a huge amount of promise and if he is ready to run today he is going to be right in the firing line. 16/1 is value.
    1 Point win 16/1 Generally 18/1 hills

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

aidankkk wrote: »
    Haydock 3:15
    Fine Rightly is a horse with a bit of class that will go on this ground. I think a mark of 143 is well within his compass and although he will need to improve on some of his recent runs, he hasn’t been without promise this year. We’ll certainly get a good run for our money, as he will definitely trade a lot shorter in running, given that he is a very strong traveller. 25/1 looks value
    1 Point EW 25/1 4 Places 1/5th Paddy 25/1 3 places ¼ elsewhere
    Minella Daddy is the one of most interest to me here. He has been of the track for a long time but has some really top class course form and in particularly was 2nd in a much stronger Handicap here of 3lbs higher. He was a horse with a huge amount of promise and if he is ready to run today he is going to be right in the firing line. 16/1 is value.
    1 Point win 16/1 Generally 18/1 hills

Very unlucky with fine rightly. Was cruising in the home straight and traded at evens in running. Dont know what happened after?

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Very unlucky with fine rightly. Was cruising in the home straight and traded at evens in running. Dont know what happened after?

Ahh he always travels like that . He didn't stay in the Haydock Heavy .

3:00 Gowran
    I’m afraid I can’t resist the 5 place special with Paddy Power for this race. Thunder and Roses is the ideal horse to exploit this offer. He is on nice mark here is proven over the trip and ground and ran a reasonable race in this last year, in what looked a stronger race. Carrying 10:04 in this after a relatively light season so far should really put him in the mix here and a repeat of his very decent performance in the Paddy Power Chase should be enough.
    1 Point EW 5 places Paddy 28/1

I’m also going with a win bet just in case on Wounded Warrior. I had a fair amount of confidence in him last year and he ran a decent race. He is down a huge amount in the weight after a poor run of form, but has ever so slightly improved in his last couple of races. 33/1 is worth a dart carrying only 9:06 around here.

1 Point win 33/1 Generally Wounded Warrior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Paddy power are only going 3 places ?

Where have u seen 5 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 doniec79

Paddy Power paying 3 places plus an extra 2 special, just on the 3:00

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    3:00 Gowran
    I’m afraid I can’t resist the 5 place special with Paddy Power for this race. Thunder and Roses is the ideal horse to exploit this offer. He is on nice mark here is proven over the trip and ground and ran a reasonable race in this last year, in what looked a stronger race. Carrying 10:04 in this after a relatively light season so far should really put him in the mix here and a repeat of his very decent performance in the Paddy Power Chase should be enough.
    1 Point EW 5 places Paddy 28/1

I’m also going with a win bet just in case on Wounded Warrior. I had a fair amount of confidence in him last year and he ran a decent race. He is down a huge amount in the weight after a poor run of form, but has ever so slightly improved in his last couple of races. 33/1 is worth a dart carrying only 9:06 around here.

1 Point win 33/1 Generally Wounded Warrior.

2nd and 4th.

Tour of Kilkennys Paddy's Shops paid off ;-).

Fair play on the selection but come off it like you went on a tour to get your point e/w on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Fair play on the selection but come off it like you went on a tour to get your point e/w on.

The point e/w is for the purpose of this thread/log and how do you know what one point is to Aidan, sometimes I think people dont really get the concept of stake plans and point allocations.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Just tipped up 2 lovely e/w gems. Can tell us what he likes :D Can do a PP tour all over south east Leinster if required!

danganabu wrote: »
    The point e/w is for the purpose of this thread/log and how do you know what one point is to Aidan, sometimes I think people dont really get the concept of stake plans and point allocations.

I absolutely understand all the above but suggesting his point is big enough to spread across shops yet have all these unrestricted accounts isn't logical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I absolutely understand all the above but suggesting his point is big enough to spread across shops yet have all these unrestricted accounts isn't logical

Please dont try and de-rail or ruin the best thread that this forum has ever or is ever likley to see.

Keep up the incredible work Aidan, I have had two accounts restricted on the back of your sterling efforts, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Well done Aidan is all the posts I should be seeing here after that shout at the prices on that ground.

What anyones point or ew backing system is their own business.

Keep it up Aidan as your a regular poster here on the Horse Racing section. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

danganabu wrote: »
    the best thread that this forum has ever or is ever likley to see.

Hyperbole, when someone won't take 5/2 on a 4/6 shot

A lot of people (not aimed at Aidan) think you can only get value on a double figure price. They'd sneer at punting what should be 4/6 shots at evs while getting their "bit of value" by backing a 16/1 shot that starts double that betfair SP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

In fairness on the unrestricted accounts question he has said that he doesn't back all of these selections.
    He also usually puts up 2/3 bookies that currently have the best price- most of the time that includes PP as they invariably have the extra place special which is key for his type of bet.
    In your defence it would have wanted to be some serious wedge to raise an eyebrow in Kilkenny on Thyestes day.

Aidan, fairplay on copying my pick. :p

• Advertisement

Ha, there is only 2 shops in kilkenny and i had small enough EW bet on each in each shop.

I only put up 1 point because as the price is only available with 1 bookmaker i cant put up 3 points EW or anything else as not everyone could get on a bigger bet when its only available in 1 place.. You can read from my explanation that i was fairly confident in Thunder but i wont go putting up bigger bets when its not generally available.

Advertisement