Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LongshotValue 40 bets 1 year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Melbourne Cup 4:00 am

I couldn't have a more confident pick here. Hartnell looks a huge price at 28/1. He was a very good 3rd in this last year when well clear of the rest of the field. He is 3k better off with the winner for a 4 length beating and the runner up isn't here. He has had a lower key season this year than last and today is surly the day for him to be at his peak. There are negatives for him, being top weight but he is always carrying this weight anyway. This year's race is not as strong as last years as far as I can see. Of the Irish challengers I fancy Max Dynamite bit he is too short for this race. Wicklow brave will run a lot better than least here but the huge price with 6 places is gone so I'm not sure what value he is now. The 6 places on offer is a big concession for a consistent horse and I actually make Hartnell near evens to be in the 6. That makes the 5/1 on offer just far too big to ignore. His win chance isn't as much value id have him more of a 16/1 or 18/1 shot but that is still plenty of margin. Time for an actual bet with the 25/1 and 6 places with paddy/betfair/sky

3 Points EW 25/1 6 places paddy/betfair/sky

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

hartnell a little over 2/1 on betfair ten places

12:40
    As De Pique has been given a decent shot here by the handicapper. He has bettter form than most of these last year in very good Irish handicaps and has a top class rider on board which is vital in these races. Although he is 12 he is relatively lightly raced and 20/1 is very big.
    1 Point win 20/1 Generally
    3:00
    Vicomte Du Seuil has been running well is small races in France this year. He has some very decent form in the past and looks to have been given a decent shot here of a very light weight.The trainer knows how to win these and 20./1 looks too big.
    1 Point win 20/1 365/hill/betf/paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

aidankkk wrote: »
    As De Pique has been given a decent shot here by the handicapper. He has bettter form than most of these last year in very good Irish handicaps and has a top class rider on board which is vital in these races. Although he is 12 he is relatively lightly raced and 20/1 is very big.
    Vicomte Du Seuil has been running well is small races in France this year. He has some very decent form in the past and looks to have been given a decent shot here of a very light weight.The trainer knows how to win these and 20./1 looks too big.
    Vicomte du seuil ran a great race; some picking

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Great picking Aidan. So so close. Ran a terrific race.

• Advertisement

<Snip>

2:25

Splash of Ginge is a horse that always looks capable of a big run around here . He has a few very good runs in these races of much higher marks and although he was poor enough first time out this season , I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he improved dramatically here . 50/1 makes the risk worthwhile .

1 pt ew 50/1 5 places generally

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Splash of Ginge is a horse that always looks capable of a big run around here . He has a few very good runs in these races of much higher marks and although he was poor enough first time out this season , I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he improved dramatically here . 50/1 makes the risk worthwhile .

With you on this Aidan couldn't believe price last night

stretchaq wrote: »
    With you on this Aidan couldn't believe price last night

Im all ready for him to be nutted by old fav Guitar Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

WOW, what a shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

That was intense well done...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well done and thanks Aidan

Unbelievable Aidan.

Absolutely super shout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

BOOM

In Aidan We Trust

:)

Great stuff Aidan. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Well done. I had the second. Almost nailed ya on the line

3:30
    Bottom weight Perfect Summer has form on soft is fit from some very decent runs on the flat and has been a consistent hurdler. He might be difficult to knock out of the 5 places on offer here with paddy and others. 33/1 seems big
    1 Point EW 5 places Paddy/sky/betfair/fred

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Cheers aidan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

thanks Aidan had him EW at 50/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Only seeing this now fantastic shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Cheers aidan. Superb stuff. Hope u backed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Busy all day and only looking on here now.
    Huge well done aiden

Old Guard has been on my mind for this for a while now. I think he needs a fast 2 miles like this and has won on soft ground around here before. He has been close for us a few times over a longer trip last year. He really looked good last time out and I find it difficult to knock him out of the places here at a good price. 25/1 with 5 places looks great value with paddy and betfair
    2 Points EW 25/1 5 places paddy/betfair 20/1 6 places sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

aidankkk wrote:
    3:00 Old Guard has been on my mind for this for a while now. I think he needs a fast 2 miles like this and has won on soft ground around here before. He has been close for us a few times over a longer trip last year. He really looked good last time out and I find it difficult to knock him out of the places here at a good price. 25/1 with 5 places looks great value with paddy and betfair 2 Points EW 25/1 5 places paddy/betfair 20/1 6 places sky

aidankkk wrote:
    3:00 Old Guard has been on my mind for this for a while now. I think he needs a fast 2 miles like this and has won on soft ground around here before. He has been close for us a few times over a longer trip last year. He really looked good last time out and I find it difficult to knock him out of the places here at a good price. 25/1 with 5 places looks great value with paddy and betfair 2 Points EW 25/1 5 places paddy/betfair 20/1 6 places sky

Agree think old guard is real value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Value @26 for OG just gone 5mins ago, but still @21 on Sky (6pl). Screen_Shot_2017-11-19_at_00.06.54.png
    additionally now opting for Nietzsche @13 (pp) on the aul accumulator.

Also backed aidankkk's the day before @51 (pp, as part of a pending 6-fold! - see the after-timing page shortly)
    but just checked Sky receipt and was only @25 (some sacrifice for an extra place) on the 17th.

Was some reassurance when seen it favoured here earlier today, backed one of his winning 100/1's previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Old Guard and The New One are the ones worth backing ew, looks a terrible Greatwood with no upcoming stars, keep faith in the “old guards” ;-)

2:15
    Lets face it Faugheen wins this without a doubt if he is anywhere near fit, but I think Campeador is making a decent price for Jezki . The ground may well not be in his favour and he is getting on but I still think he is a fair way clear of Campeador and if Faugheen isn’t right he should win. 7/1 13/2 is silliness.
    1 Point win 13/2 Generally

• Advertisement

Old Guard has been on my mind for this for a while now. I think he needs a fast 2 miles like this and has won on soft ground around here before. He has been close for us a few times over a longer trip last year. He really looked good last time out and I find it difficult to knock him out of the places here at a good price. 25/1 with 5 places looks great value with paddy and betfair
    2 Points EW 25/1 5 places paddy/betfair 20/1 6 places sky

Aidan thanks again! Super picking.

Advertisement