Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dor1971

on the Brown Bin front. Did they mention storage of this additional bin? I can't imagine another bin would fit in the brick storage units out front of most houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

dor1971 wrote: »
    on the Brown Bin front. Did they mention storage of this additional bin? I can't imagine another bin would fit in the brick storage units out front of most houses?

They didn't go into any more detail.
    I have put a query in.

They didn't go into any more detail.
    I have put a query in.

They confirmed that they have checked and that another bin of the same size will fit.

Probably will need to take the middle bin out temporarily to get the others out. I guess we shall see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

They confirmed that they have checked and that another bin of the same size will fit.

Probably will need to take the middle bin out temporarily to get the others out. I guess we shall see how it goes.

Thanks for getting the info. Sounds like a bit of a pain to be honest. But I'm sure people can just keep using 2 instead if they prefer. It's really just an additional option for those interested. As long as the maintenance fee does not go up to cover this it doesn't really matter too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

Hoping to get keys to a Heron next week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the following:

- painter
    - tiler
    - best company for TV and broadband

Thanks!

We went with eir when we 1st moved in then changed to Sky for better TV channels.

WiFi speeds are the same (around 80mb) but the Sky router is much better, reaches the attic in the Heron, while the eir one was very weak on both 2.4 and 5GHz.

Sky TV package and the menus/interface are much better. Also cheaper overall. If you have a friend or relative with Sky you can get €75 voucher each for referral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Hi guys, our main bathroom has a little cupboard under the sink but the ensuite bathroom in the master doesn't - we're in a heron. Is this the same for others or do people have a cupboard under their sink in ensuite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

elTenedor wrote: »
    Hi guys, our main bathroom has a little cupboard under the sink but the ensuite bathroom in the master doesn't - we're in a heron. Is this the same for others or do people have a cupboard under their sink in ensuite?

Same for us. Theres a panel under the sink in the master en-suite that slides up to give pipes access.

That's the same for me. It looks like it should have one, but it does not. I guess the shelf above the toilet is viewed as the alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Just put in a bathroom cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Same for us. Theres a panel under the sink in the master en-suite that slides up to give pipes access.

Is this the panel directly under the sink in the master ensuite, that slides up?
    Just put in a bathroom cabinet.

I was asking more in case of leaks how you would access the pipes to have a look, as opposed to storage options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Is this the panel directly under the sink in the master ensuite, that slides up?

I was asking more in case of leaks how you would access the pipes to have a look, as opposed to storage options.

We asked about that. Apparently the counter comes off easily, just a matter of cutting the silicon. Haven't tested that yet though. The board in front of out sink looks like it pops off pretty easily too. Again, haven't tested it

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

cronos wrote: »
    Thanks for getting the info. Sounds like a bit of a pain to be honest. But I'm sure people can just keep using 2 instead if they prefer. It's really just an additional option for those interested. As long as the maintenance fee does not go up to cover this it doesn't really matter too much.

I don't think they are optional, I was surprised they weren't in place when I moved in. They are mandatory for all domestic waste, private collectors like ours got away without them having due to the waste being classifed commercial. My understanding was that organic waste can not go into Black bins anymore for environmental reasons.

http://www.thejournal.ie/bin-charges-brown-bins-3467069-Jun2017/
    WASTE OPERATORS HAVE four months to roll out brown bins to thousands of people around the country.
    A brown bin is used for the collection of all your household food waste.

When I was paying for domestic collection with Greyhound and Citybin the brown bin was free so hopefully it will not increase our management fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dor1971

anyone else notice the horse droppings in and around the area of late? 2 horses being kept in the shadow of Reillys Bridge just the other side of Campbells Garage with owner walking them along the canal and in an out of RCP streets on a daily basis of late (including @ 5 am last Saturday morning).

If your interested in making the authorities aware of such activity visit http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-recreation-culture-animal-welfare/control-horses and call (01) 2223371 to notify the authorities. Thanks.

Anyone ever have any luck with acoustic vents or any other sound solution for traffic noise in the Heron's?

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone ever have any luck with acoustic vents or any other sound solution for traffic noise in the Heron's?

We had an issue with one of our windows a few months back, but since we resolved that the level dropped right down and it cured a draft.
    Now just closing the vents seems to do it for us.
    The level can up when the road is very wet or slushy as it is now, but we've not been affected by it so I never bothered to look further into the acoustic vents. (I think I had suggested them initially before we moved in)

I could try them as a curiosity I guess sometime, but don't recall how much they were. Maybe you could get them and report back.

We had an issue with one of our windows a few months back, but since we resolved that the level dropped right down and it cured a draft.
    Now just closing the vents seems to do it for us.
    The level can up when the road is very wet or slushy as it is now, but we've not been affected by it so I never bothered to look further into the acoustic vents. (I think I had suggested them initially before we moved in)

I could try them as a curiosity I guess sometime, but don't recall how much they were. Maybe you could get them and report back.

Thanks for the info

Curious to hear other's thoughts on the subject also.

Arbie wrote: »
    We went with eir when we 1st moved in then changed to Sky for better TV channels.

WiFi speeds are the same (around 80mb) but the Sky router is much better, reaches the attic in the Heron, while the eir one was very weak on both 2.4 and 5GHz.

Sky TV package and the menus/interface are much better. Also cheaper overall. If you have a friend or relative with Sky you can get €75 voucher each for referral.

I was just on to Vodafone and they are telling me our line only supports 15MB as fibre isn't available on our line. My neighbour a few doors down tells me he is with Vodafone and has fibre at 80MB. Checked on fibrerollout.ie and our line is indeed only copper but they don't give a date for the line being connected to a fibre cabinet. Vodafone are saying perhaps there was no space left at the fibre cabinet. Very frustrating as our line is limited to 6MB!!

Anyone else in this boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

I think the process is you submit your order for copper. Then once your order is complete you upgrade to fibre for free. That is the process we had to follow anyway with Vodafone. I'd imagine its similar for Eir since the line is provided by OpenEir in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Hi. We have an error on the boiler saying 'fault err defrost'.

Does anyone know what we should do to get the heating working?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭maciektok

Hi. We have an error on the boiler saying 'fault err defrost'.

Does anyone know what we should do to get the heating working?

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Hi
    I am getting this error from the boiler

Fault
    Err K Low IWS

Anybody know what I have to do to fix this ?

Hi

Fault
    Err K Low IWS

Found the manual online by searching that code.

ERR K LOW IWS:
    5 faults in 2 hours of compressor runtime have occurred.

You can look at the fault log and see whats gone wrong.
    There's a phone number for the heating people in the Christmas contact list they dropped into mail boxes.

Hi

Fault
    Err K Low IWS

Check your pressure first, is the black line in line with the red?

Go to main menu > commissioning > heat pump reset > click ok > enter code 0000
    Now go outside and restart the a2w using the trip switch in the fuse box on the wall.
    Then go back to you boiler and flick the reset

That fixed it for us temporarily but it may come back, if it does call Joule

If that doesn't work switch the boiler from programmed. operation to emergency operation and call joule tomorrow.

These are the workarounds Joule did, we just took note of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Aldi opening in August in Royal Canal Park according to their website.

https://www.aldirecruitment.ie/

Keithchap wrote: »
    Check your pressure first, is the black line in line with the red?

Go to main menu > commissioning > heat pump reset > click ok > enter code 0000
    Now go outside and restart the a2w using the trip switch in the fuse box on the wall.
    Then go back to you boiler and flick the reset

That fixed it for us temporarily but it may come back, if it does call Joule

If that doesn't work switch the boiler from programmed. operation to emergency operation and call joule tomorrow.

These are the workarounds Joule did, we just took note of them.

Thanks Keith
    Its not liking 0000 for the code
    Was that what you saw him use or did you get that information somewhere from Ballymore ?

Used code 1000 ( Thanks IG)
    That worked perfectly , Thanks All

• Registered Users Posts: 19 john_this

Guys, question in relation to the piece of land at the old Ormond factory, does anybody know who’s owns this land or how to go about finding out (perhaps still owned by Ormond but left abandoned).

I can see it’s currently zoned for the development of science and technology, however as the neighbourhood grows and land space becomes tight, I can see pressure for schools and other amenities in the area, and just curious as to who has rights to the land, any idea?

I think the process is you submit your order for copper. Then once your order is complete you upgrade to fibre for free. That is the process we had to follow anyway with Vodafone. I'd imagine its similar for Eir since the line is provided by OpenEir in any case.

Didn't work like that for us unfortunately, still stuck on the copper line 2 months later. I'd be interested to hear of anyone else is in the same boat.

john_this wrote: »
    Guys, question in relation to the piece of land at the old Ormond factory, does anybody know who’s owns this land or how to go about finding out (perhaps still owned by Ormond but left abandoned).

I can see it’s currently zoned for the development of science and technology, however as the neighbourhood grows and land space becomes tight, I can see pressure for schools and other amenities in the area, and just curious as to who has rights to the land, any idea?

I was chatting to one of the lads on site a few months ago, he had heard Ballymore were trying to acquire it, I have heard nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Keithchap wrote: »
    I was chatting to one of the lads on site a few months ago, he had heard Ballymore were trying to acquire it, I have heard nothing since.

I heard ballymore have purchased it and will be building more houses.

Advertisement