Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

antietam wrote: »
    You dont use shops ???????????just studing form,umh.

Of course shops are the ONLY place to put bets on, umh

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Bumper.The prices are mainly based on horses winning on proper winter heavy ground except one horse if his form is to believed,Didtheyleaveuoutto 8/1.His first time out run at Lingfield was utterly staggering based on the clock taken from 3f out where he posted the 2nd fastest time over the last five years at Lingfield[fastest all weather track in UK]over the distance including flat racing.He then went to Ascot for a listed bumper [unfancied???]and won eased down.By Presenting which enjoy quick ground and are beautiful movers this lad wants the ground like the middle of summer and again if the form can be believed and Cheltenham turns up good quick ground then Didtheyleaveuoutto could well better Montelados performance and be the greatest bumper winner ever at the festival.If Petit Mouchoir 8/1 turns up fit and healthy in the Arkle he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

When I read this first I thought you were addressing me :)

Must look at that race, heard about it that week he ran. The last 10 mins before the race on the Wednesday the market generally points you in the right direction most runners blow their lids before they get to the start they are so inexperienced

Slattsy wrote: »
    Mullins said he was delighted with all the rain they got for Getabird today. Looks a stayer and hard to know what he'd do on good ground. But he jumps like a stag.

As a Sharjar backer lto he'll be the one for me in the Supreme. If he goes there.
    3/1 is very short based on his knee action his size and he hangs right.There is no doubting his engine but there is a serious kink with hanging right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

If Sharjah wins the Deloitte then Ruby will want Getabird in the Neptune and Next Dest in the AB, all revolves around Walsh and has done for many cheltenhams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Does anyone have any opinion on Slybet's market -

Who to go off shorter?

Apples Jade
    7/4
    Buveur Dair
    2/1
    Footpad
    4/1
    Altior
    11/2
    Samcro
    11/2
    Others On Request
    -

First thoughts is AJ especially if Faugheen can take his chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

culline wrote:
    Does anyone have any opinion on Slybet's market -

culline wrote:
    Who to go off shorter?

Given it's Skybet, does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

jimjamcos wrote: »

Well he might want to have a bet on it?

Is this a misinterpretation of my quip on Skybet or have you an issue with said firm and it's prices/markets?

Skybet is simply a marketing tool for a giant media organisation - hence the attractive markets regularly advertised that you wouldn't see anywhere else - but they wouldn't lay a bet over a 10r in my experience. And IMO they've little interest in horse racing or taking a racing bet.

I'd be very sceptical on their 'next club' transfer markets also FWIW given the control/influence they hold on spewing out numerous transfer rumours and I know this was documented in a newspaper article a few years back.

Each to their own though.

• Advertisement

Skybet is simply a marketing tool for a giant media organisation - hence the attractive markets regularly advertised that you wouldn't see anywhere else - but they wouldn't lay a bet over a 10r in my experience. And IMO they've little interest in horse racing or taking a racing bet.

I'd be very sceptical on their 'next club' transfer markets also FWIW given the control/influence they hold on spewing out numerous transfer rumours and I know this was documented in a newspaper article a few years back.

Each to their own though.

That’s fair enough I suppose. Had I not mentioned the firm, would you have an opinion on the market itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

culline wrote: »
    That’s fair enough I suppose. Had I not mentioned the firm, would you have an opinion on the market itself?

Buever Dair @ 2/1 and back Faugheen @ 5/1 and realistically there is no position you can find yourself in that you cant trade for a guaranteed profit.

Its so wrong my opinion against the serious thick that BOOKIES love.

culline wrote:

Definitely between Beuvair D'Air and Apples Jade.

Apples Jade, maybe, given the likelihood that there'll be doubles and trebles from Footpad & Beauvair running onto her potentially and even if they've been beaten, there'll be plenty chasing on her.

Really depends if Faugheen and Vroum Vroum Mag show up or, more significantly, don't turn up on day as they're the only rivals in respective races in reality.

Petit Mouchoir will keep Footpad price honest I think.

Same with Min/Yorkhill in Altior's case

Ballymore is a red-hot race so while think he'll win, couldn't have Samcro in this market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Its so wrong my opinion against the serious thick that BOOKIES love.

Huh??

Anybody hear anything on Barcardys?

No chase entries for him at Leopardstown (thankfully) so hopefully he's on track for the Stayers hurdle.

Just never know if they're injured with Mullins and just not reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Anybody hear anything on Barcardys?

No chase entries for him at Leopardstown (thankfully) so hopefully he's on track for the Stayers hurdle.

Just never know if they're injured with Mullins and just not reported.

Entered in the Galmoy at Gowran next week and the Stayers Hurdle at Cheltenham.

Entered in the Galmoy at Gowran next week and the Stayers Hurdle at Cheltenham.

Lavvvvly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Backed didtheyleaveyououttoo in the champion bumper today at 7\1. Won his first bumper on the AW at a stroll, came from last and finished 10+ lengths infront.

Second bumper on soft/heavy same again came on well finished strongly in a good looking race. Can handle all ground and I think a future star.

Was thinking that with the Ballymore looking so strong and those prominent in it also taking up a chunk of the Albert Bartlett market, that there has to be value in the latter.

Four - Next Destination, On The Blindside, Samcro and Getabird - of the top eight in Albert are unlikely to run at this stage.

Cracking Smart is a worthy favourite, has shown he's up to G1 level already and is certain to go for the race and get 3 miles fine. Probably worth a bet at 6/1 as will be around 3/1 on day IMO but given he's not running between now and then I'm in no rush to back him right now.

Mr Whipped looks talented but still way to raw for Cheltenham to my eyes - jumping is sketchy and idles badly in front. Wouldn't like to be relying on him toughing it out up the hill in such a gruelling race at this stage of his career.

The 2 Sullivan horses with Willie, Duc Des Genieverves (didn't look a stout stayer lto) and Fabulous Saga (well held by Cracking Smart) are decent but look the right price on what they've done.

Henderson's Chef Des Obeaux (no way all 3 Sullivan horses run either) has won nicely twice recently and is interesting but is held two runs back by the horse I really like as a bet.

SANTINI beat Chef Des Obeaux (12/1 at moment) comfortably on his first career start, form has been well franked and he's 16/1 for a race which, as stated, looks highly likely to cut up.

He runs tomorrow in the last at Ascot at around 4/5 but would much rather back him at 16/1 for March with the theory that, given how inexperienced he is, he may not even go to festival if bombing tomorrow but be vying for favouritism if he shows natural improvement from his impressive debut and wins impressively. Trainer and jockey have suggested he will.

Bet: Santini ew @ 16/1 NRNB Bet365

• Advertisement

Ill be looking for an experienced hurdler for the AB as it’s a tough race with Penhill & UNWIMH winning in recent seasons after loads of runs.

I need to look properly but Poetic Rhythm jumped off the page at 20/1, he goes straight there too.

Was at Dundalk tonight[no bet] and my bookie took 350k Apples Jade 8/11 for the mares.

I presume nrnb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Was at Dundalk tonight[no bet] and my bookie took 350k Apples Jade 8/11 for the mares.

I told you not to tell anyone.

Santini nr jim

Paddock expert told me " Un De Sceaux is lean far to lean for this time of year.Brain Power a beautiful walker but a bag of nerves and needs blinkers,big time.I hope Speredek runs ok as he is by far the paddock pick and looks a big player.I would back him at Chelenham based on his temperment alone".Make of that what you will but that is serious by the best paddock watcher ever.This is not lost on the brains of Gigginstown Eddie O Leary but the Ryanair is still not in comparison to the Queen Mother that imo should be the target for a seriosly talented YORKILL..

Pretty solid move for Mall Dini for the 4 miler and in turn Presenting Percy for the RSA.

Mall Dini entered thyestes Thursday was a nr over Christmas

Owner said in a Johnny Ward article that Mall dini goes NH Chase and RSA for Percy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I've a nice bet on Jenkins for the County Hurdle at 33's but its up to a mark of 151 after winning at the weekend
    The blinkers have really made the horse

Praying it runs there and not the Coral Cup

Advertisement