Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

L'Ami Serge has to go close to placing alright but only of interest to me in a ew acca closer to time when you can spot races cutting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

jimjamcos wrote: »
    L'Ami Serge has to go close to placing alright but only of interest to me in a ew acca closer to time when you can spot races cutting up.

Good chance of placing but is a complete hound, finds zero off the bridle on too many occasions for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I see Altior is evens in NRNB markets for the Champion Chase.

I am a bit out of the loop what is the story with him, he hasn't run since last year so I am guessing he is injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Shemale wrote: »
    I see Altior is evens in NRNB markets for the Champion Chase.

I am a bit out of the loop what is the story with him, he hasn't run since last year so I am guessing he is injured?

So he was having a wind op and then a few weeks box rest before going back into training so he might take a while to get right again

So he was having a wind op and then a few weeks box rest before going back into training so he might take a while to get right again

Thanks Krusty, evens is nuts all things considered so. He was getting a right test from Charbel last year before he came down two out and he didn't really impress finishing it off.

That said Nicky gave Sprinter a breathing op after the Supreme ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Altior @4/5 on PP is the most laughable bet I've seen.

Yorkill @4/1 nrnb for Ryanair is handy. Thistlecrack @7/1 for Stayers nrnb is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Can you still ask for ante post prices? Risks and all like?

Slattsy wrote: »

I've asked Powers for some prices and to be honest they always get back to me on twitter... whether you agree with the price you get back is another matter now

Have all the other bookies closed your accounts? Best on boards :D

Something I should of added earlier too lads was that when I asked Powers for a price on whatever horse they were always encouraging me to use my account online to bet (I prefer cash bets over the counter) and sometimes they'd want my account username before giving me the price I wanted

• Advertisement

Something I should of added earlier too lads was that when I asked Powers for a price on whatever horse they were always encouraging me to use my account online to bet (I prefer cash bets over the counter) and sometimes they'd want my account username before giving me the price I wanted

That is odd, going to restrict your online cause you backed in the shop.

Next time say you don't bet online and see what they say, not a fan of Powers, rarely use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

That is odd, going to restrict your online cause you backed in the shop.

Next time say you don't bet online and see what they say, not a fan of Powers, rarely use them.

It's not odd at all, they will be willing to offer customer x ( a serial looser who wouldnt back a winner in a one horse race) a price but customer y who is a spanking new customer will not be afforded the same opportunity

I thought they were asking because they could check my betting history on the account and decide to restrict me or whatever

I thought they were asking because they could check my betting history on the account and decide to restrict me or whatever

Yeah exactly thats what I meant in a round about way! Me bad english :D

danganabu wrote: »
    It's not odd at all, they will be willing to offer customer x ( a serial looser who wouldnt back a winner in a one horse race) a price but customer y who is a spanking new customer will not be afforded the same opportunity

Odd they asked, I have never been asked for this, granted I don't use shops much

Odd they asked, I have never been asked for this, granted I don't use shops much

Outside of Cheltenham when there are specials and more than one shop is required! I havent been in a bookies in over 5 years, horrible places.

danganabu wrote: »
    Outside of Cheltenham when there are specials and more than one shop is required! I havent been in a bookies in over 5 years, horrible places.

Barred no doubt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Will bachasson run in the Ryanair or will willie be tempted by an open gold cup,also will lets dance go in the mares race,willie has limini as well but hasn't been seen since last years festival.

I still maintain there was no restrictions on the tea and biscuits inidcated anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Glasfield

Looking at the racing in Leopardstown over Christmas, one horse in particular that stood out was Footpad.....he was foot perfect. Since he has gone chasing he has looked very very good, he will be my Irish Banker come Cheltenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

The uneducated were wrong based on iditos.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

You dont use shops ???????????just studing form,umh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

piplip87 wrote: »

Supreme Novices Hurdle Getabird ew 16/1.

Hopefully after today that is where he is sent. Will make up for blindly putting faith in Yorkhill and Thistlecrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

1st bet of the festival will be fountains windfall for the RSA. A demolition job was on the cards @Kempton before an unlucky fall and impressive again today. I like him a lot. Might have to wait till the day of the race to get a better price

1st bet of the festival will be fountains windfall for the RSA. A demolition job was on the cards @Kempton before an unlucky fall and impressive again today. I like him a lot. Might have to wait till the day of the race to get a better price

Jumping a massive, massive worry for me. Takes chances and not the best to get landing gear out.

If had to have a bet on him for RSA, it'd be not to get around.

Odds on that big switches will happen with these novice hurdlers of Mullins once festival comes around.

We see it year on year. Ruby, and Willie, will want to manage it so Ruby sits on the best 3 novices, whatever the race or trip.

With Sharjah (looks at out and out 2 miler), Getabird & Next Destination (both look like staying a trip) looking good, I'd be expecting Ruby to ride something better than Fabulous Saga in the Albert Bartlett..

Wouldn't shock me to see Sharjah Supreme, Getabird Ballymore and Next Destination Albert Bartlett.

The soon to return Sayer has to come back into Supreme picture too so they definitely look loaded there.

Leopardstown festival v Samcro should sort some of these questions out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Yeah I'd have him the best of the British Novice chasers over 2m4f + right now.

TheTorment wrote: »
    With the NH season beginning to heat up a bit I thought an Antepost thread might be a bit of fun (especially when looking back on it!!)

Ive only one so far; a small trixie with:

Faugheen 6-1 CH
    Douvan 3-1 Ch Chase
    Thistlecrack 5-1 Gold Cup

I started this thread with my first antepost bets.....

There's not many around that can jinx a horse as well as I do!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Shajhar @ 7/1 NRNB 5pts 
    The english 2 mile novices are again this year, which is a real shame as I wanted to get Mullin's beat. I know Getabird leads the market now, however that one has a possible entry in the Ballymore. With Shajhar's flat experience over in france, I'd expect the supreme to be his one and only target. 
    I've taken another look at that Champions Novice Hurdle, and they went at a good pace with the likes of Whiskey Sour and Real Steel being left during the mid stages of the race. Before Sharjah came down, the rest of them were flagging and finishing slowly - whereas Sharjah was still travelling nicely. It would have been interesting to see how Sharjah would have finished of that race... would he have pulled away without much of an effort, or would he have been all out to the line. With the way he was travelling, I feel the former would have materialised.

• Advertisement

Mullins said he was delighted with all the rain they got for Getabird today. Looks a stayer and hard to know what he'd do on good ground. But he jumps like a stag.

As a Sharjar backer lto he'll be the one for me in the Supreme. If he goes there.

Advertisement