Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Motivator wrote: »
    We’ll see about waffle in March when you’re crying over your twenty quid ante post bet on Faugheen.

lol patethic, and why am I not surprised!!

If you are wiling to match the 9/4 available I will be more thn willing to place a proper bet with you, I'm sure we can find someone to act an an escrow here.

Again you are effectiely giving us a 4/9 tip and acting johnny big balls about it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

danganabu wrote: »
    lol patethic, and why am I not surprised!!

If you are wiling to match the 9/4 available I will be more thn willing to place a proper bet with you, I'm sure we can find someone to act an an escrow here.

Again you are effectiely giving us a 4/9 tip and acting johnny big balls about it :D:D

Ok fine, send me on your money. We’ve never met but I’m good for it I swear 🙄

How am I giving you a “tip” exactly?

Ok fine, send me on your money. We’ve never met but I’m good for it I swear ��

How am I giving you a “tip” exactly?

Google escrow there and you might understand how it works :rolleyes:

My point is that is very easy to simply say x wont win, provide a credible alternative and your claim might have some substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Google escrow there and you might understand how it works :rolleyes:

My point is that is very easy to simply say x wont win, provide a credible alternative and your claim might have some substance.

So essentially you want me to pick the winner of the Champion Hurdle for you to take me seriously?

So essentially you want me to pick the winner of the Champion Hurdle for you to take me seriously?

No, I did not say that. But your simple assertion that Faugheen wont win is weakened by not providing an alternative, it is very easy to name horses that wont win races the trick is to find the ones that will!

Anyway I know your modus operandi by this stage so I will leave you be, haven't the energy tbh!

• Advertisement

My poor thread :(

TheTorment wrote: »
    My poor thread :(

Apologies torment, I'll let it get back on track :D

Faugheen, Samcro and Might Bite (King George) is my big trixie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Keep it simple lads.

Have a bet, and a good bet, on Faugheen/Samcro double @ 14/1 right now.

Will be less than 10/1 tomorrow when Samcro goes sub 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Keep it simple lads.
    Have a bet, and a good bet, on Faugheen/Samcro double @ 14/1 right now.

You are being done there Jim, Faugheen and Samcro should be around 35/1 in a double, Faugheen can be got at 6/4 and Samcro at 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Shemale wrote:
    You are being done there Jim, Faugheen and Samcro should be around 35/1 in a double, Faugheen can be got at 6/4 and Samcro at 14/1

That's 4 the supreme. Neptune best price 5s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

sdoc13 wrote: »
    That's 4 the supreme. Neptune best price 5s

I am so out of touch I hadn't heard of him until today, the sooner college is out of the way the better!!

Cheers Doc, had seen he has been running over 2 so figured it was Supreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Samcro still at a good price even after that display. 16/1 still on PP.

Urindanger wrote:
    Samcro still at a good price even after that display. 16/1 still on PP.

Wrong race

Wrong race

Although you're probably right still too hard to tell. Nevertheless price has shortened noticeably on both markets. Took him at 16.5 and 5 in separate markets on the Exchange and they're now at 11 and 3.05. Will trade out closer to post.

Trainer, jockey and market all point strongly to 2m4 Ballymore hurdle.

Very unlikely he'll have a run over 2m before then so extremely unlikely that trainer will run him over 2m on likely the fastest ground he's faced at festival and risk him being taken out of his comfort zone.

He's a point-to-pointer owned by Giggy and not trained by Mullins thankfully, so think we're safe enough he'll go longer race mentioned.

Only danger is injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm actually a little embarrassed about the amount of ante post bets I've done this year but I'll list a few.. Their all for small stakes too.. Nothing bigger than 5er ew mainly

North Hill Harvey (Arkle) 33's
    Slate House (Supreme) 33's
    Fagan (4 Miler) 50's
    Red Jack (Supreme) 25's
    River Wylde (Arkle) 25's

And a lot more that aren't coming to me right now

Few more now i have them in front of me

Sayar (Supeme) 33's
    On The Blind Side (Albert Bartlett) 16's
    Bacardys (JLT) 16'S
    Red Jack (Ballymore) 20's
    Ballyward (Albert Bartlett) 25's
    Ballyandy (Arkle) 25's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Thistlecrack gone out to 12s with PP. Took that price after todays run as he may just have needed it. Will wait and see how my other selections run over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Absolutely horrendous price after today's performance. Given it is ante post and not non runner no bet. There was zero positives from today and has to be odds against he even makes it to the festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

There's needing the run and then there's what Thistlecrack did today.

Yes but 20 quid at 12/1 is worth a shot. I guess after the King George it will become clearer. If he bounces back to form there then the 12/1 will be valuable. If not its only 20 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Bigged up after Sunday yes. Nothing outstanding about Sunday bar the fact he didn’t fall. He beat Jezki,who looks gone at the game to be honest, and a couple of handicappers.

The 2m division looks probably it’s weakest in many years and the upcoming Champion Hurdle will be the weakest of the Championship races at the Festival for the second year in a row. I hope Elliott throws in a surprise such as Apples Jade because she’d probably beat all of them over 2m.

Very simple though, Faugheen won’t be winning a Champion Hurdle in 2018.

[Edit]

Flaming
    Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted. Attack the post, not the poster. Minor infringements will warrant a warning followed by a ban. Serious infringements and/or intentional flaming will receive an automatic ban.

Posting a selection
    A selection is basically a horse you have selected , from a race, whom you think has a good chance of winning. It is not a tip. When posting your selections, please give as much information as possible to back up why you think this horse has a good chance. This style of selection posting will aid in the education of fellow posters, and thus, make this forum a valuable learning centre.

Yorkhill Gold Cup- Judging by Mullins comments today he is looking to step Yorkhill up to three miles. Took him at 8/1 with William Hill. Already down to 6/1 with Paddy.

Supreme Novices Hurdle Getabird ew 16/1.

Will lump on some more after the Christmas Festival and after this weekends racing as Cheltenham December meeting always leaves a few clues

Single figure prices on Yorkhill are absolutely nuts. You can get 6/1 on the defending champion!

Yorkhill is trained by WPM, he could end up at any race from the Champion Hurlde to the Gold Cup, has never won or even run at further than 2M 5F and it could end up one of the deepest Gold Cups in years.

Yeah even on the Exchange, Yorkhill is @9.0.

Thistlecrack for the Stayers is an interesting one. Seems it's a last chance saloon for the GC but a bad run in the KG might see a return to hurdles. Who knows what he's actually like now given injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Single figure prices on Yorkhill are absolutely nuts. You can get 6/1 on the defending champion!

Yorkhill is trained by WPM, he could end up at any race from the Champion Hurlde to the Gold Cup, has never won or even run at further than 2M 5F and it could end up one of the deepest Gold Cups in years.

Mental price altogether but sense seems to go out the window with a lot of people when it comes to Willies horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Unless that nutjob Yorkhill has learned to settle there isn't a hope in hell he even gets home over the gc trip

Good value to be had in the "To win any race" market.

There has to be value in the Stayers hurdle given what's happened over the last couple of weeks and the sad passing of Nichols Canyon today with many of market unlikely to turn up.

Apples Jade, Yorkhill, Faugheen, Thistlecrack won't run.

Penhill is on the easy list.

L'Ami Serge (bridal horse), UNWIMH (exposed), The New One (no guaranteed stayer) are respected but in no way feared.

Supasundae is very solid but price is gone on him given what he's achieved.

The main horse I've came down on and backed is Bacardys ew @ 25/1. Fell today having looked a dodgy jumper over fences again; Mullins stated after last run that if jumping didn't improve he'd revert to hurdles so I'd be hopeful that's likely now.

He's got decent novice form and the step up to 3m should be no problem based on his hurdle performances and P2P win.

25/1 is big for a largely unexposed, Mullins trained, dual Gr1 winner likely to go off sub 10/1 if showing up against a likely cut-up field.

Yanworth falls into same category/logic but will have to see how he gets on in next start.

There has to be value in the Stayers hurdle given what's happened over the last couple of weeks and the sad passing of Nichols Canyon today with many of market unlikely to turn up.

Apples Jade, Yorkhill, Faugheen, Thistlecrack won't run.

Penhill is on the easy list.

L'Ami Serge (bridal horse), UNWIMH (exposed), The New One (no guaranteed stayer) are respected but in no way feared.

Supasundae is very solid but price is gone on him given what he's achieved.

The main horse I've came down on and backed is Bacardys ew @ 25/1. Fell today having looked a dodgy jumper over fences again; Mullins stated after last run that if jumping didn't improve he'd revert to hurdles so I'd be hopeful that's likely now.

He's got decent novice form and the step up to 3m should be no problem based on his hurdle performances and P2P win.

25/1 is big for a largely unexposed, Mullins trained, dual Gr1 winner likely to go off sub 10/1 if showing up against a likely cut-up field.

Yanworth falls into same category/logic but will have to see how he gets on in next start.

Funnily enough I actually thought he was jumping alot better today, obviously until the spill, have a feeling they will give him one more go over the big ones.

Agree with most of your analysis above and for me the 14/1 on Lami Serge is a super e/w bet, most likley can't win barring he is literally droped on the line, think Harchibald but with a different result! But all things being equal I cant see him outside the places. The favourite is obviously progressive and very likeable, but has never ran at Cheltenham and will likely be facing better ground thn he ever has, thats too many question marks for his insanely short price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Agree re L'ami Serge. A smashing each way bet. Even at 10s i'd be all over that.

Advertisement