Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I've a nice bet on Jenkins for the County Hurdle at 33's but its up to a mark of 151 after winning at the weekend
    The blinkers have really made the horse

Praying it runs there and not the Coral Cup

Arctic Fire won it off 158 last year and I have a feeling Defi Du Seuil might run in County and he's rated 158 so Jenkins would be getting 7lb off him providing they run off their current marks

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Arctic Fire was well handicapped off 158, don't think Jenkins will be off anything in the 150s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Im still hoping Jezki goes to the festival for the County . Wins of 154 no bother.. Com on Jessie you know it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

aidankkk wrote:
    Im still hoping Jezki goes to the festival for the County . Wins of 154 no bother.. Com on Jessie you know it makes sense

Didn't get an entry in Champion or Stayers so if he's entered in County alarm bells will definitely be going off.

He's not running at Leopardstown festival either and Harrington has mentioned waiting for Aintree hurdle.. but surely that's a long wait for a horse who's fit and ready at moment given JP's Buvair D'air will await there.

There has to be an alternative plan not mentioned yet and think you've cracked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

aidankkk wrote: »

That prick Smith probably give him 160 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

aidankkk wrote: »

I'm almost certain I read somewhere that Harrington said they weren't going to Cheltenham.

And you can be certain if he does go to the County, Smith will have another 6lb on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Thistlecrack 12/1 Gold Cup
    Getabird 16/1Supreme
    Anibale Fly 25/1 Gold Cup NRNB
    Didtheyleaveyououtoo Champion Bumper 7/1
    Chef Des Obeaux 16/1 Bartlett
    Faugheen, (CH.) Altoir, Un des seaux (Ryanair) treble.

Two Gold Cup bets look fairly dodgey but if Anibale Fly goes for it, It wins with ease. If not NRNB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

piplip87 wrote: »
    Getabird 16/1Supreme

Two Gold Cup bets look fairly dodgey but if Anibale Fly goes for it, It wins with ease. If not NRNB

I don't know why this kind of stuff annoys me so much but it really does. Why the need for such bull**** comments, how many horses win a Gold cup with ease nevermind one that from 9 chase starts has only ever won a beginners chase, a grade 3 and a handicap off a mark in the 140's.
    If you said he's got an e/w chance now Martin's got his big handicap win out of him and who knows what progress there is to come i'd say fair enough but not in a hundred years will he win a gold cup easily.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I've a nice bet on Jenkins for the County Hurdle at 33's but its up to a mark of 151 after winning at the weekend
    The blinkers have really made the horse

Praying it runs there and not the Coral Cup

The way he stayed I’d guess the latter but that is just a guess

I don't know why this kind of stuff annoys me so much but it really does. Why the need for such bull**** comments, how many horses win a Gold cup with ease nevermind one that from 9 chase starts has only ever won a beginners chase, a grade 3 and a handicap off a mark in the 140's.
    If you said he's got an e/w chance now Martin's got his big handicap win out of him and who knows what progress there is to come i'd say fair enough but not in a hundred years will he win a gold cup easily.:mad:

Well I will retract the with ease part.
    The reasoning behind the fancy is;
    Might bite may not stay the extra required to win it. Major doubts over Thistlecrack, Sizing John, Road to Respect is a good horse but let's face it if Sizing John was anywhere near its best would have beat it.

Disko if he goes for the Gold Cup has beaten Anibale twice quite convincingly although one was over 2m 5f. Anibeles last performance was as good as any entered in the GC this year.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'm almost certain I read somewhere that Harrington said they weren't going to Cheltenham.

And you can be certain if he does go to the County, Smith will have another 6lb on board.

Yeah sure she said Aintree and Punchestown for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah sure she said Aintree and Punchestown for him.

Thats a mistake for me. Cheltenham form is exceptional, unless there is problem he should be running there on good ground. Maybe she figures if Faugheen is out there is a grade 1 to be pricked up at Punch, (could be right i suppose)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

piplip87 wrote: »
    Getabird 16/1Supreme

Thistlecrack won't be at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

Anteposts as it stands. Samcro a running theme for the Ballymore throughout..... Had Death Duty at big odds but a goner now. Yorkhill Gold Cup also.

Accum
    Footpad 7/4
    Apples Jade 4/5
    Samcro 7/4
    Altior 4/5

Ballymore
    Samcro 8/1 & 4/1

Champion Bumper
    Stay Humble 20/1 (praying for him to show up before Cheltenham. Top class animal). Wylie has a good record in the bumper.

Accum
    Faugheen 7/4
    Samcro 4/1
    Douvan 11/4
    Apples Jade 5/2

Treble
    Footpad 6/1
    Samcro 4/1
    Faugheen 2/1

Treble
    Samcro 4/1
    Apples Shakira 4/1
    Monalee 7/1

Treble
    Faugheen 5/1
    Apples Shakira 4/1
    Samcro 4/1

Double
    Samcro 4/1
    Stay Humble 20/1

Treble
    Cause Of Causes 11/2
    Samcro 5/1
    Faugheen 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

A few of the handicap horses mightn't be out untill the weights for the grand national are out,when are they out.

I've already backed Santini for Albert Bartlett on basis I see the race cutting up massively and him being either a runner at much shorter odds or NRNB.

Also see now that Henderson has stalemate Indian Hawk as favourite in the Gr2 Albert Bartlett trial at Doncaster today.

He's 9/4 today but I think 33/1 ew with Bet365 NRNB for March with same proviso as above is a bet.

A few of the handicap horses mightn't be out untill the weights for the grand national are out,when are they out.

Tuesday Feb 13th I do believe

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Ive put up some cracking ptp winners before they ever raced under rules Samcro,Death Duty etc ,etc but the best ive ever seen ptp is Mount Brandon who has been a huge disappointment.He has had a major operation on his back and JP bought him some time back[on Tyners instructions] and one to watch under Tyner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

antietam wrote: »
    Ive put up some cracking ptp winners before they ever raced under rules Samcro,Death Duty etc ,etc but the best ive ever seen ptp is Mount Brandon who has been a huge disappointment.He has had a major operation on his back and now runs under JPs colors and one to watch under Tyner.

Huh? You only registered in December.....

Urindanger wrote: »
    Thistlecrack won't be at Cheltenham.

Yes the bet was placed before that came out.

I see Douvan is now 50/50 for the champion chase. Worth a few quid @7/2NRNB

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote:
    Bet: Santini ew @ 16/1 NRNB Bet365

All roads lead to Albert Bartlett now! Choo choo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

jimjamcos wrote: »
    All roads lead to Albert Bartlett now! Choo choo

Nice bet, the front two were mighty impressive and will both be worth following, I'm more suprised with the 20s still available with PP on the runner up, definitely over priced and will be half that if he turns up.

danganabu wrote:
    Nice bet, the front two were mighty impressive and will both be worth following, I'm more suprised with the 20s still available with PP on the runner up, definitely over priced and will be half that if he turns up.

14s still available with BV for anyone who can get on..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

14s still available with BV for anyone who can get on..

Careful, without nrnb......

BumperD wrote:
    Careful, without nrnb......

Know that and seeing Henderson was negative on the Albert Bartlett post race, so caution advised.

Still think it's a stonking price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Santini will probably be minded and wait for the Sefton at Aintree, horrible race the AB especially for one that’s only raced twice under rules. As i mentioned in a thread id love for an experienced novice for that race.

Looking at exchanges, it looks like a real possibility that Samcro could go to the 2 mile race at Leopardstown.

If he hoses up there, surely the Supreme becomes a real possibility?

If Samcro was to go Supreme (Ruby seemed to really rate him when asked yesterday) then I could easily see Getabird diverted to Ballymore (Ricci thinks longer trip would suit better on better ground).

Samcro 8/1 Supreme and Getabird 7/1 Ballymore with Bet365 are priced as if not showing up in those races but given it's NRNB (inc muliples) and ew double 1/4 odds is a no brainer.

To put it into context, Paddy Power (also NRNB) are 3/1 Samcro Supreme and 4/1 Getabird Ballymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looking at exchanges, it looks like a real possibility that Samcro could go to the 2 mile race at Leopardstown.

If he hoses up there, surely the Supreme becomes a real possibility?

If Samcro was to go Supreme (Ruby seemed to really rate him when asked yesterday) then I could easily see Getabird diverted to Ballymore (Ricci thinks longer trip would suit better on better ground).

Samcro 8/1 Supreme and Getabird 7/1 Ballymore with Bet365 are priced as if not showing up in those races but given it's NRNB (inc muliples) and ew double 1/4 odds is a no brainer.

To put it into context, Paddy Power (also NRNB) are 3/1 Samcro Supreme and 4/1 Getabird Ballymore.

It's been going round on Twitter the last 24 hours.

Would be surprised myself, GE wants to go long...but the Olearys...

Samcro 5s with bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Mr321

Slattsy wrote: »
    It's been going round on Twitter the last 24 hours.

Would be surprised myself, GE wants to go long...but the Olearys...

Samcro 5s with bet365.

...but the O Leary's call the shots or pull out the gate with the horse in the horsebox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Mr321 wrote: »
    ...but the O Leary's call the shots or pull out the gate with the horse in the horsebox

Well if they fall out with Elliot where else have they to go?

Advertisement