Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keaneo

Anyone here anything about a recruit course for 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gtodaizza

keaneo wrote: »

I would say, now I could be wrong but working up in the airport I would say they are waiting for next year's budget to be approved which hopefully has new recruits budgeted for in it and they are just awaiting the green light on funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

I heard only today funnily enough that it's all on hold again. Something to do with daa mgmt. pipe dream at this stage.

blackmark wrote: »
    I heard only today funnily enough that it's all on hold again. Something to do with daa mgmt. pipe dream at this stage.

Did you get from a reliable source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keaneo

Do you mean this year's budget 2017

• Advertisement

Do you mean this year's budget 2017

Yes from my understanding the 2017 budget get approved in either February or March for the following year so I would say with money and contract talks with daa management I would say they will know better around then but then again I could be wrong only someone based in the airport firestation would know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 movers&shakers

Hi, I know this is a reasonably old post & read most of the previous threads without being able to find an answer to my question.
    Could anybody tell me where did DAA advertise when they were recruiting a Fire Service panel, (was it on their own DAA website) ? &
    is it possible to sign up to alerts to such ?
    Thank you in advance.

Hi, I know this is a reasonably old post & read most of the previous threads without being able to find an answer to my question.
    Could anybody tell me where did DAA advertise when they were recruiting a Fire Service panel, (was it on their own DAA website) ? &
    is it possible to sign up to alerts to such ?
    Thank you in advance.

Hi for me personally I work in the airport and this is where I saw it... However the last recruitment was open to general public aswell and as far as I know it would have been advertised in the local papers. Could have been on their website but I'm not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Hi lads. Any more news on another class or may we forget about it?

lostox wrote: »
    Hi lads. Any more news on another class or may we forget about it?

The panel has been extended by a year not that long in plenty of time left positive thinking keep the mind set positive!

• Advertisement

I spoke with somebody recently from the airport FS and was told the DAA are looking at doing a recruitment some time within next 24 months which leads me to believe they have no interest in using the panel before it expires at the end of the year. This could be pony but it's the first talk I have heard from the lads up there In a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SAFO

Its all just speculation and very little truth in it. There are no firm plans at this point to recruit in the next two years and if that was to
    change I would expect the panel to be used.

With a new runway to open circa 2020/21 and, along with a new satellite station, there could well be recruitment but at the moment nothing has been decided or discussed really.

The panel expires at the end of the year. Surely if there was to be movement on the panel you lads would know of it already???

I hear different things from different people up there but nobody actually has a clue which was it's going. Seems odd nobody knows anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Apologies if this has been discussed
    Any airport police hired in the last few years?
    And any rumours?

Nobody knows anything because at this point in time NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

There is substantial change proposed for all the staff in daa at the moment and until that is resolved I cannot see any movement regarding fire service recruitment.

Airport Police recruited 20 plus officers approx 18 months ago so I cannot see recruitment for them for a number of years.

They are healthy numbers wise I believe. Their recruitment campaign was entirely internal and from what I can gather all good officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

The lads on the panel got a letter in January to say the panel has been extended and if they weren't interested in the job anymore to let Daa know.

I'd be surprised if they didn't use the panel as it'd be a total waste.

Hey guys anything more being said latley?

Would people believe this panel will be used regardless of time frames but just down to the simple fact that they need resources? Maybe when ever the issues in the airport at the minute are resolved they might hire then?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

If the panel was made up of X amount of lads and lassies surely most of them have gone onto DFB and other jobs . So they would surely need to establish a new panel to start recruiting. The thread was started 2 years ago so that's a fair bit of time to be living in hope of a job coming up . Any word on new dates arising ?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

No idea if this is relevant but DFB Twitter judt tweeted that some of their paramedics taking the PHECC exams are going to Dublin Airport FB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

No idea if this is relevant but DFB Twitter judt tweeted that some of their paramedics taking the PHECC exams are going to Dublin Airport FB

They were airport firefighters on the course, not dfb going to daa.

At this stage there’s a slim to no chance of anyone being brought in from the panel! Expiry is fast approaching. Time to look further afield anyone waiting in line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

At this stage there’s a slim to no chance of anyone being brought in from the panel! Expiry is fast approaching. Time to look further afield anyone waiting in line

Panel will run its course . No class from it.

I have heard this week that there is a strong possibility of a class early next year.

I wonder if there is any truth in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

gtodaizza wrote: »
    I have heard this week that there is a strong possibility of a class early next year.

I wonder if there is any truth in it?

Not sure of a date but the budget for the Fire service has allowed it to start taking on more staff . There is retirements coming up and also the expansion of the airport and maybe a new station . I heard they are going to take on 16 recruits whenever they do start recruiting .

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Not sure of a date but the budget for the Fire service has allowed it to start taking on more staff . There is retirements coming up and also the expansion of the airport and maybe a new station . I heard they are going to take on 16 recruits whenever they do start recruiting .

It has?? Retirements??? Expansion yes. New station will probably be a satellite station but there's nothing new about that. 16 recruits??? Where are you hearing all this from???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Are they using the panel ? It expires in January doesn’t it.

Ah come off it lads/ladies. Move on. Nothing to see here. Join dfb when it comes up in next couple of years. Panel is ending jan 1st. Noooottttt gonna happen with anyone on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Ah come off it lads/ladies. Move on. Nothing to see here. Join dfb when it comes up in next couple of years. Panel is ending jan 1st. Noooottttt gonna happen with anyone on the panel.

Dfb have an active panel with 65 left on it. Expires March 2019

• Advertisement

DFB won't be recruiting for a long time after the recruitment drive they have just had and like it is said above they still have an active panel

Airport have a chance but weather or not the panel will be used to fulfill it or not is another story, I guess only time will tell

Advertisement