Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eduzzino5

Does anyone know anything about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

They are dropping the Ireland plus from 30GB pm to 15GB pm as well

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭maurice1

No dont use DataXS.
    See a fair few changes from 18/10/17

0/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special “Top-Up Offers: €10, €15, €20 or more” are valid until 30/09/2017.

30/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls and text to all Lycamobile numbers in Ireland with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

30/08/2017- Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls to all Lycamobile numbers in Macedonia with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

30/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls to all Lycamobile numbers in Ukraine with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

30/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls to all Lycamobile numbers in South Africa with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

18/09/2017 - From 18/10/2017 the data allowance included in the Data bundles will change as below:
    • Data XS: 3GB
    • Data S: 5 GB
    • Data M: 10GB
    • Data L: 20GB

18/09/2017 - From 18/10/2017 the data allowance included in the “Ireland Plus” bundle will be 15GB. down from 30GB now

From 20-09-2017, the customers that buy one of our “EU Roaming” bundles are able to use their bundle allowances while roaming in the EU/EEA countries. Customers are advised that there is a maximum usage capping is applied for data while roaming in EU/EEA from the IRELAND Plus of 3.5GB data and NATIONAL S of 1GB data. If, over a 4-month period, your use of EU/EEA roaming services is greater than your domestic usage we will notify you of this and then charge you at national PAYG rates. Non-EU/EEA countries calls will be charged at standard roaming charges. EU/EEA roaming services are enabled for customers who travel for holidays or short trips and note that the SIM card must be first used (activated) in the home country in order to take advantage of this promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Any way of grandfather-ing yourself into the 30gb?
    maurice1 wrote: »
    No dont use DataXS.
    See a fair few changes from 18/10/17

0/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special “Top-Up Offers: €10, €15, €20 or more” are valid until 30/09/2017.

30/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls and text to all Lycamobile numbers in Ireland with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

30/08/2017- Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls to all Lycamobile numbers in Macedonia with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

30/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls to all Lycamobile numbers in Ukraine with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

30/08/2017 - Please be aware that our special Offer “Free calls to all Lycamobile numbers in South Africa with each Top-Up” is valid until 30/09/2017, but it could be renewed. For more information please visit this page.

18/09/2017 - From 18/10/2017 the data allowance included in the Data bundles will change as below:
    • Data XS: 3GB
    • Data S: 5 GB
    • Data M: 10GB
    • Data L: 20GB

18/09/2017 - From 18/10/2017 the data allowance included in the “Ireland Plus” bundle will be 15GB. down from 30GB now

From 20-09-2017, the customers that buy one of our “EU Roaming” bundles are able to use their bundle allowances while roaming in the EU/EEA countries. Customers are advised that there is a maximum usage capping is applied for data while roaming in EU/EEA from the IRELAND Plus of 3.5GB data and NATIONAL S of 1GB data. If, over a 4-month period, your use of EU/EEA roaming services is greater than your domestic usage we will notify you of this and then charge you at national PAYG rates. Non-EU/EEA countries calls will be charged at standard roaming charges. EU/EEA roaming services are enabled for customers who travel for holidays or short trips and note that the SIM card must be first used (activated) in the home country in order to take advantage of this promotion.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well that is actually good news that they are adding EU data roaming to at least some of their packages.

Though confusing that their "international and european" packages don't include EU Roaming!

They most have been losing lots of customers over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Has anyone considered switching from Lyca recently? Their packages seem confusing enough and I see they are still assigning UK numbers when out of Ireland, not sure is that just for being in the UK, or Europe/Rest of World too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭la ultima guagua

cormie wrote: »
    Has anyone considered switching from Lyca recently? ....

No

I like the €10 & €12 international bundles that allow a good few minutes to Europe.

Use a dual SIM phone ( or two phones ) to steer around any bumps in the Lycamobile road :)

cormie wrote: »
    Has anyone considered switching from Lyca recently? Their packages seem confusing enough and I see they are still assigning UK numbers when out of Ireland, not sure is that just for being in the UK, or Europe/Rest of World too?

If you can find me another plan with more than 3gb at 5€ I will.
    Honestly Lyca is the cheapest deal I can have, and I've never had issues with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you can find me another plan with more than 3gb at 5€
    If you don't need voice calls eir offer 50GB for 30 euro (180 days).

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If you don't need voice calls eir offer 50GB for 30 euro (180 days).

That sounds awesome! I don't know how I missed that!!! Does it work also una normal phone or is it just mobile broadband only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

eduzzino5 wrote: »
    That sounds awesome! I don't know how I missed that!!! Does it work also una normal phone or is it just mobile broadband only?

It works in phone and no problems with tethering. It is way faster than Lyca's internet and I think ~6GB can be used in roaming.

September1 wrote: »
    It works in phone and no problems with tethering. It is way faster than Lyca's internet and I think ~6GB can be used in roaming.

Unfortunately I won't be able to place calls tho :(

With lyca in currently on the data XS plan and even though I don't make calls I receive a few every months so I need to be able at least to receive calls

eduzzino5 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I won't be able to place calls tho :(

With lyca in currently on the data XS plan and even though I don't make calls I receive a few every months so I need to be able at least to receive calls

Many phones have dual SIM slots, so you can have data and voice plans separately.

September1 wrote: »
    Many phones have dual SIM slots, so you can have data and voice plans separately.

Unfortunately not my iPhone, but it was a great idea anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

My parents are off to Australia at the end of the month.

They want to get a Lycamobile SIM for the trip.

There is a deal on the Australian Lycamobile website with 7gb Data + Unlimited National Calls and Text for $14.95 (half price for new customers).

Can you order the Sim here in Ireland and activate the Australian deal over there or would the have to order the Sim in Australia. Also does the deal activate immediatelly or only when you turn it on?

I've done a bit of Googling but found nothing helpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭etselbbuns

DDC1990 wrote: »
    There is a deal on the Australian Lycamobile website with 7gb Data + Unlimited National Calls and Text for $14.95 (half price for new customers).
    Can you order the Sim here in Ireland and activate the Australian deal over there or would the have to order the Sim in Australia. Also does the deal activate immediatelly or only when you turn it on?
    When you wrote to LycamobileAustralia and asked them, their response was?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

etselbbuns wrote:
    When you wrote to LycamobileAustralia and asked them, their response was?

They haven't emailed back, presumably because it's the weekend.

I was just asking in case someone had a similar experience.

Glad you got your dig in though I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

DDC1990 wrote: »

Have you tried ringing Lyca C/S ? They can be a bit painful to deal with but might help you out Phone no. is 014372322

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Don't ring them, it's painful. Catchphrases are "see, here's the thing" and "I understand", both repeated numerous times in each conversation. Numerous phone calls later my reason for ringing still wasn't resolved. Eventually just moved network.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Half Price on Ireland Plus plan now only 7.50 (New customers)
    Offer valid from 17/11 to 30/11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

4real wrote: »

Only for the first month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

just had a payment taken by paypal

auto-topup is off and the sim is long gone

how do i stop it happening or get it reversed

and how the heck does paypal send money without me logging in,,i can't buy anything with paypal without logging in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

mikeysmith wrote: »
    just had a payment taken by paypal

auto-topup is off and the sim is long gone

how do i stop it happening or get it reversed

and how the heck does paypal send money without me logging in,,i can't buy anything with paypal without logging in?

Great thing about PayPal is you ll get your money back , open a dispute with PayPal . Reason did nt get the service. Also check all the open payments with lyca and close them ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

how do you check all the open payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

4real wrote: »

When does the 30 day term start on this ? E.g if I buy it now to go with an xmas present will it be expired by xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone tell me if it’s worth switching to these ? How’s the signal and 4g etc ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

shardylan wrote: »
    Anyone tell me if it’s worth switching to these ? How’s the signal and 4g etc ?
    Thanks

4g ha ha - fancy pants

low cost provider that works for people that arent that fussed about reliability, high speed data and loosing the odd text.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

clevtrev wrote: »
    4g ha ha - fancy pants

low cost provider that works for people that arent that fussed about reliability, high speed data and loosing the odd text.

Correct there's no 4G but I've never experienced any unreliability with Lyca, best carrier I have been with in terms of service uptime and have never had a lost text. YMMV of course, but from my own experience I would recommend them very highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

lol thanks . I’m with 48 and have been happy enough but lately service is getting worse and I keep loosing signal and then today service has gone completely due to a fault.Time to switch now

• Advertisement

It seems that Lycamobile was fined in Belgium https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=02b3ea8c-12f3-4eb9-998d-355e422d80a7 but it also seems that roaming regulation are quite bad for MVNOs currently.

Advertisement