Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm glad I played Ground Zeros for this exact reason "Yup, this game is not for my ktyvmbye"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    MGSV is really hammering home that I don't like stealth games. The game itself is fine and I enjoy some of it but sneaking into a base for 1/2 an hour and then some bs happens is infuriating.

I have to say I feel the same about stealth games they just really, really annoy me.

I think I played one on the ps2 (a tom Clancy game I think) which was ok.

give me a run and gun game any day of the week over them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I really enjoyed the Hitman games back in the day. I enjoyed figuring out the 100% stealth route through levels. Everything was a hint towards the stealth narrative (which in fairness was heavily scripted and laid out), bit fun when you executed it and walk away without alerting anyone. In contrast, I've watched mates play the game, kick doors down and go in with automatics blazing! I wondered why buy the game at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The best stealth games where the original Splinter Cell games. The first 3 where brilliant.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wolfenstein 2 €48.29 on Amazon or €69.99 from PSN. May play the earlier two again and get it next year instead.
    Probably preorder it online now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wolfenstein 2 €48.29 on Amazon or €69.99 from PSN. May play the earlier two again and get it next year instead.

It'll be a tenner in a couple of months.

A shame for the developers as the first one was damn good other than the fetch quests which got very annoying.

Kinda like Mirrors Edge Catalyst was always bound for bargain pricing weeks after release when nobody bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

€50 if preordered in store in Smyths, the usual €70 in GameStop :pac:

Called my landlord, still no power in my gaf, what a dose. Gives me an excuse to work late, thats about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Called my landlord, still no power in my gaf, what a dose. Gives me an excuse to work late, thats about it

Seems to be a bit all over the place in a lot of areas, my friend in Rathfarnam is in the same boat since yesterday evening unfortunately...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit all over the place in a lot of areas, my friend in Rathfarnam is in the same boat since yesterday evening unfortunately...

No power at home atm. Good thing im getting drunk in Budapest atm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Gives you an excuse to stay in work and prep some spreadsheets on the sherpa runs you mean :P
    Fieldog wrote: »

Dam tress around rathfarnam would be a nightmare so I would imaigne he will be another day or two without power.

Well we will have no drunk posting from foreign nations sniper :P

Enjoy! I'm going for my second time the end of the month :D

I'm sure you already know but hitting up the baths is a must!

150,000 people still without power this morning, worst affected area is Cork apparently.

if you live in a highly populated area shouldn't be too bad but if your in the sthicks you could be a few days.

Great excuse to work up some time owed. :D

Best a luck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SeanHarty wrote: »
    150,000 people still without power this morning, worst affected area is Cork apparently.

if you live in a highly populated area shouldn't be too bad but if your in the sthicks you could be a few days.

Great excuse to work up some time owed. :D

Best a luck!

Generic is going to be the last fecker in the country getting his power back so :P

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Enjoy! I'm going for my second time the end of the month :D

I'm sure you already know but hitting up the baths is a must!

My third time here visiting family. The baths are great. Shouldn't have ignored my own advice to stay away from drinking Palinka though.

Pretty much resigned myself to it not being on for like 2 more days at least :(
    Least I have the PS Vita

My sister has recently played through all 4 Uncharted Games (and the Lost Legacy) and the 2 newer Tomb Raider games and was asking what games are similar on PS.
    I couldn't really think of anything other that TLOU (naughty dog) or FarCry 3 (or 4) and Shadow of Mordor. Any other suggestions?
    I think her criteria are basically epic story + 3rd person (maybe) + sneaky sneakiness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

My sister has recently played through all 4 Uncharted Games (and the Lost Legacy) and the 2 newer Tomb Raider games and was asking what games are similar on PS.
    I couldn't really think of anything other that TLOIUA (naughty dog) or FarCry 3 (or 4) and Shadow of Mordor. Any other suggestions?
    I think her criteria are basically epic story + 3rd person (maybe) + sneaky sneakiness

HORIZON ZERO ****ING DAWN, PLAYED IT YET?

What about the Bioshocks? Borderlands and maybe Wolfenstein which is fun and going cheap right now.

Maybe The Witcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

My sister has recently played through all 4 Uncharted Games (and the Lost Legacy) and the 2 newer Tomb Raider games and was asking what games are similar on PS. I couldn't really think of anything other that TLOIUA (naughty dog) or FarCry 3 (or 4) and Shadow of Mordor. Any other suggestions? I think her criteria are basically epic story + 3rd person (maybe) + sneaky sneakiness

Metal gear? Cheap on psn story is considered great if not a bit mental.
    3rd person and lots of sneaky sneakiness

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Metal gear? Cheap on psn story is considered great if not a bit mental.
    3rd person and lots of sneaky sneakiness

Free for plus members this month too isnt it :D

I haven't played HZD
    Lack of power being the main issue, then the need to swap my hard drives and then go and leave the PS in her house while it downloads being the other requirement.
    Her husband is playing the Witcher 3 and seems to be enjoying it.
    Doubt she would be as into Bioshock or BL2 as they are more "twitchy" FPS games and she prefers stuff a bit more chill.
    I'll say it to my brother in law about MGSV as he was always a fan of those, not so much her.
    Would Mad Max be suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I haven't played HZD
    Lack of power being the main issue, then the need to swap my hard drives and then go and leave the PS in her house while it downloads being the other requirement.
    Her husband is playing the Witcher 3 and seems to be enjoying it.
    Doubt she would be as into Bioshock or BL2 as they are more "twitchy" FPS games and she prefers stuff a bit more chill.
    I'll say it to my brother in law about MGSV as he was always a fan of those, not so much her.
    Would Mad Max be suitable?

While Mad Max is fun, it's just too repetitive and grindy, I gave up on it. HZD is my my top pick, you can always play the other games on easy.

She's an EXTREMELY hard person to "sell" games to unfortunately if they don't fit her really specific criteria, I've made my peace with it now.
    I'd say HZD, TLOU and Shadow of Mordor would basically cover her for another year

Pick up South Park TSoT last night for a 5er. Haven't started it yet, but will get stuck in this week at some point. Haven't watched South Park in a few years, so hopefully won't be too out of the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,175 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pick up South Park TSoT last night for a 5er. Haven't started it yet, but will get stuck in this week at some point. Haven't watched South Park in a few years, so hopefully won't be too out of the loop.

where'd you get it for a fiver?

CDKeys :o

Probably someone selling the digital code that comeswith TFbW on Adverts.

• Advertisement

Only played the 1st game for about 2 hours with a mate, so looking forward to playing both the South Park games now tbh. Well, when I can that is. It's been in the Dublin PM Deport for 2 days which is unusual.

Advertisement