Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I know you're only posting this to annoy me. Stopped calling you out on it months ago. I see this as yet another false dawn.

Spoiler: It's great you should play it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm actually left the chats and/or stopped playing almost all other games and I just finished the new South Park. With the Prestige done, I'm ready
    I was spending a LOT of time in other multiplayer games, and I'm done with them for now. Destiny 2 will be joining that list effective next week/Prestige Raid completed

Found a big improvement going from PS3 to Remastered and another decent enough jump going from PS4 to Pro with HD TV.
    It still looks great although it's a few years old now. Started up a new game a few weeks back just to see it on the Pro.
    Ah I mean it's not perfect and some found it dull enough but if it clicks with you you'll really enjoy it.

Ya see, I'm going straight in with the PS Pro 4K HDR Upscaled version. I waited 2 years for this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Like GTA V, it really did squeeze the most it could from the PS3. An exceptionally strong way to finish off that generation.

Have some tissues to hand for the opening sequence, it gets you in the feels, IF your an emotional new age in touch with his feeling type of person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Have some tissues to hand for the opening sequence, it gets you in the feels, IF your an emotional new age in touch with his feeling type of person.

I want a 'Let's Play TLOU blind first time' on Twitch with you on camera. Stream cutting out abruptly with with debris in your eyes every now and then!

PetKing wrote: »
    I want a 'Let's Play TLOU blind first time' on Twitch with you on camera. Stream cutting out abruptly with with debris in your eyes every now and then!

:D
    Ah jaysus, I don't think it would have the same level of impact it did the first time. I'd probably still get "Dust" in my eyes or somesuch, but a blind first run it would never be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Ah jaysus, I don't think it would have the same level of impact it did the first time. I'd probably still get "Dust" in my eyes or somesuch, but a blind first run it would never be.

Make generic do it, we can all laugh at him and mock him for showing emotion while secretly drying our own eyes...

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Make generic do it, we can all laugh at him and mock him for showing emotion while secretly drying our own eyes...

I second this motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jcd5971 wrote:

I meant Generic. I should have specified!

• Advertisement

I second this motion.

Can we get confirmation that this is happening so I can get the beer in?

I'd be conscious of randoms basically posting spoilers. If I could trust my twitch mods to do anything other than rag on me I'd give it a go :(

I'd be conscious of randoms basically posting spoilers. If I could trust my twitch mods to do anything other than rag on me I'd give it a go :(

Understandable.

Genuine question: Is there no way to set a twitch stream to invite only?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ill mod the channel good and proper. Ban hammers flying all over the shop and only discussion on Darkest Dungeon allowed :P

MrsKnave just picked up the SNES Mini for christmas. It'll not make it past 9 tonight.

Smyths have the following on preorder, expected release Spring 2018. (Plugs into your TV. Just like the original. :rolleyes:)

163296_6.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Smyths have the following on preorder, expected release Spring 2018. (Plugs into your TV. Just like the original. :rolleyes:)

163296_6.jpg

Crap games on it tho.

I'll stream TLOU so tomorrow evening if people want.
    I'm guessing theres some f**king amazing stuff gonna go down if everyone is so keen to actually see me play it.
    I'm gonna not be reading the comments in real time though so anyone from here watching can mute/delete/block them

163296_6.jpg

Do you reckon the joypad is compatible with Destiny 2 on PC?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Crap games on it tho.

Yeah, for the most part. California Games / Impossible Mission / Speedball / Spindizzy being the only exceptions, from memory anyway. Disappointed there's no Paperboy / Spy Hunter / Manic Miner / Boulder Dash or any of the Dizzy games.

• Advertisement

Joystick Gimli :P
    Disappointed there's no Paperboy / Spy Hunter / Manic Miner / Boulder Dash or any of the Dizzy games.

No you're not, really.

Joystick Gimli :P

No you're not, really.

Excuse me. They where some of my favourites I'll have you know. Also missing is 720. Great little skateboard game.

I'd be conscious of randoms basically posting spoilers. If I could trust my twitch mods to do anything other than rag on me I'd give it a go

I even promise to not spam a devastating blow everything time someone posts a spoiler

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I even promise to not spam a devastating blow everything time someone posts a spoiler

I could easily just make a JCD-Bot and know one would notice you are missing :P

(and by easily, I mean I'd ask Dude)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I could easily just make a JCD-Bot and know one would notice you are missing :P

(and by easily, I mean I'd ask Dude)

Done, jcd1795 reporting for duty.

Pfft jcd5900--jcd5970 are all ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Crap games on it tho.

That had noting to do with it, the joy was not derived from the game per se, more from actually getting the bloody thing to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »
    That had noting to do with it, the joy was not derived from the game per se, more from actually getting the bloody thing to load.

Plus there were some class loading screens like Robocop(impossible to get past 3rd level of C64 version as they didn't bother making the rest of the game) and how you could play Space Invaders while Ghostbusters was loading.

Here we go with TLOU Stream so :)

https://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Advertisement

Here we go with TLOU Stream so :)

https://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

aargh missed this. Set up another twitch account at 4am (couldn't remember how to access the first and I've already forgotten the pword on the second) to comment but I was already hours into the future and this was over.
    how'd it go?

Advertisement