Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

fryup wrote: »
    how about sending stuff back? is that just as slow?

Not in my experience. The couple of times I had to send stuff back using recorded delivery, it took 5 days to arrive back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You want a refund after 21 days? Was it shipped with DHL or something? Snail mail will be another week or 2 at best. It's terrible to Ireland lately. PM all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fryup wrote: »
    how about sending stuff back? is that just as slow?

Return stuff may be delayed by reduced volume and thus not go on a daily basis, but shouldnt be severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I'm afraid things are going back to normal misery. ;)

428854.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

joujoujou wrote: »

428854.png

Yep noticed the same here...looks like buying season is over :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

428854.png
    archer22 wrote: »
    Yep noticed the same here...looks like buying season is over :(

Oh shizer.

Theres a holiday on soon/now but that shouldnt have impacted stuff sent last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,307 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

attachment.php?attachmentid=428854&stc=1&d=1506346717

4 parcels today. 1 40 days, the others 24-26 days

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

recent order took a little less than a month, that's pretty much been the norm for me for years with the odd one being quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭briany

I have so far found China to be relatively quick as far as economy post from the Far East goes. Don't want to tempt fate in saying that, but that's been my experience. Did wait 2 months on one from the Phillipines, though, which came after the delivery window and I had gotten a refund (a princely sum of 2 Euro) from the seller. Won't be so quick to ask for one next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

ED E wrote: »
    LX isnt one of the UPU ones as far as I know, it will only work with Chinese scanners. If its to be tracked here it would be rebadged.
    I have one parcel with LX... tracking number currently somewhere in China. 17track shows EMS as a carrier.

AFAIR (but I may be wrong) some of my previous LX... parcels were tracked here, but required no signature.

I was right.

Rebadging - NO
    Tracking - YES
    Signature - NO.

429461.png
    Number: LX*********CN
    Package Status: Delivered ( 16 Days )
    Destination Country: Ireland
    2017-10-02 08:45 ***** DELIVERED
    2017-10-02 07:51 ******* ITEM IS ON DELIVERY
    2017-09-29 22:38 ATHLONE MAIL CENTRE, CO WESTMEATH, ITEM IS IN TRANSIT
    2017-09-29 22:38 ATHLONE MAIL CENTRE, CO WESTMEATH, ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED
    2017-09-29 14:21 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM IS IN TRANSIT
    2017-09-29 14:21 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED
    2017-09-29 14:21 DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12, ITEM RECEIVED
    Origin Country: China
    2017-09-29 22:38 爱尔兰, 海关放行
    2017-09-29 14:21 爱尔兰, 海关放行
    2017-09-29 14:21 爱尔兰, 到达处理中心,来自中国
    2017-09-20 16:12 北京市, 离开北京市 发往都柏林航空/公路枢纽(经转)
    2017-09-19 06:51 北京市, 离开北京市 发往下一目的地(经转)
    2017-09-18 21:30 北京市, 到达中国邮政速递物流股份有限公司北京市邮件处理中心(航处理中心(经转)
    2017-09-18 12:26 武汉市, 离开武汉市 发往北京市
    2017-09-16 18:28 武汉市, 武汉京东揽投部已收件(揽投员姓名:蔡龙华,联系电话:4008601183)
    ======================================
    Powered by www.17track.net

On the other note - we all know problems with Irish rural addresses, but I didn't realise China face the same problem! :D:D:D:D

See paragraph "FROM"

429462.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Got an LX delivered on Friday aswell and as above, this one showed tracking here with anpost but no signature required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I've two packages sitting in the Dublin mail center since the 23rd September. Ridiculous at this stage. What does such a long wait usually mean? Value of both is under $20.

Are they showing on anpost tracking as in the dmc or some other online tracking site?

5500 wrote: »
    Are they showing on anpost tracking as in the dmc or some other online tracking site?

On both An Post and 17Track. Status hasn't changed since they arrived on the 23rd.

Call anpost with the tracking number and ask what's up is what you need to do next, unless it says item sent to customs then email dmc@revenue.ie with the tracking number and proof of payment and it should get pushed through

Rang An Post and one parcel has gone AWOL. Sent from the distribution center to a totally different part of Dublin from where I live. The other parcel is just sitting in the mail center, no explanation why. Guy I spoke to seemed very helpful and is going to follow up for me. Said there's been a fair few things coming in from China ending up in wrong parts of the country for some reason. Definitely going back to using parcel motel for AliExpress. The wait is far too long with AnPost.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Rang An Post and one parcel has gone AWOL. Sent from the distribution center to a totally different part of Dublin from where I live. The other parcel is just sitting in the mail center, no explanation why. Guy I spoke to seemed very helpful and is going to follow up for me. Said there's been a fair few things coming in from China ending up in wrong parts of the country for some reason. Definitely going back to using parcel motel for AliExpress. The wait is far too long with AnPost.

You get bouts of this now on a regular basis from An Post..one time everything is going smoothly..the next it's all ****e service again.

Would love to know what's really going on in there!

archer22 wrote: »
    You get bouts of this now on a regular basis from An Post..one time everything is going smoothly..the next it's all ****e service again.

Would love to know what's really going on in there!

exactly. doesn't seem to be any way of finding out. seems to be gone to shyte again recently.

is it worth ringing them if tracking says arrived in Ireland but not on An Post's system?

Was into An Post again this morning as my stuff still hasn't arrived. Seemingly there are cages of stuff from China in my local depot in Dublin 24 that was sent to Lucan by mistake. They only received these cages yesterday and are gradually going through them. What a joke of a service in this day and age. I should expect to get my packages some day next week, just over 2 weeks after arriving into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Same me 2 weeks. But thankfully you got info what might happened there if is true obviously. So Monday we all expecting this D day.

• Advertisement

It would be nice if An Post would inform the public what times of the year they are prepared to deliver mail from China.Instead of just cutting it off without warning.

Well my stuff is still sitting in limbo with no change on the tracking page. Still has them in the Dublin mail center which contradicts what I was told twice on the phone last week. Great service An Post.

Well my stuff is still sitting in limbo with no change on the tracking page. Still has them in the Dublin mail center which contradicts what I was told twice on the phone last week. Great service An Post.

yeah, I've stuff that's been delivered to Ireland since 20 Sep. No sign of it. An Post just playing the passive aggressive game by not saying anything and not bothering to deliver stuff. Such an Irish way of doing things.

glasso wrote: »
    yeah, I've stuff that's been delivered to Ireland since 20 Sep. No sign of it. An Post just playing the passive aggressive game by not saying anything and not bothering to deliver stuff. Such an Irish way of doing things.

An Post forget one thing though...the people who buy things from China also do other business with An Post.From now on I will take this business elsewhere whenever possible.
    Anyhow I trust An Post now about as much as I would trust Anglo Irish bank if it were to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Had short conversation today with customer service... another bu**t answer this time, package will delivered this week they said. They have regulation that force them to hold pacakages for 2 weeks I heard as well from them :)
    What a lovely practice.

joker@ wrote: »
    Had short conversation today with customer service... another bu**t answer this time, package will delivered this week they said. They have regulation that force them to hold pacakages for 2 weeks I heard as well from them :)
    What a lovely practice.

And I was told all foreign mail arrives within 10 days...and if it doesn't then contact sender :D

joker@ wrote: »
    What a lovely practice.

what regulation is this? sounds like total bs.

glasso wrote: »
    what regulation is this? sounds like total bs.

Of course it is...like all bad liars they can't remember what they said the last time :pac:

If true it's a shocking way to opperate a business. I'll be going down the parcel Motel route after this. It's worth the €4 as I always have stuff within a week to 10 days. I once ordered something on a Sunday from AliExpress and had it in my locker that Thursday. It was just standard shipping too. The stuff I'm waiting on was ordered on 24th of August. I wasn't in any rush at the time but actually need one of the things for this weekend.

• Advertisement

If true it's a shocking way to opperate a business. I'll be going down the parcel Motel route after this. It's worth the €4 as I always have stuff within a week to 10 days. I once ordered something on a Sunday from AliExpress and had it in my locker that Thursday. It was just standard shipping too. The stuff I'm waiting on was ordered on 24th of August. I wasn't in any rush at the time but actually need one of the things for this weekend.

any idea what the customs limit in the north/UK is in terms of value before you have to pay anything?

edit - says £15 is the limit for VAT. that's not much.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

Advertisement