Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Im glad my bin has learned how to sign your scanner there postie.

NykLF1Dl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

ED E wrote: »
    Im glad my bin has learned how to sign your scanner there postie.

NykLF1Dl.jpg

Now you're complaining a postie did a job threatening "favour" for you .

SPDUB wrote: »
    Now you're complaining a postie did a job threatening "favour" for you .

He signed my name, maybe thats not a big deal to you but its a rather big issue for most people I would guess. Importantly if it went missing any insurance on the package is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

He signed my name, maybe thats not a big deal to you but its a rather big issue for most people I would guess. Importantly if it went missing any insurance on the package is gone.

No, it is not gone. It is just the postman that would eventually get a sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭SPDUB

It's a big deal to me.

It's something I would never do when I did the job years ago , no matter how well I knew a person , because if something went missing then my job was on the line either as a suspect in nicking it or for faking a signature .

Given all that amazingly some postmen still do it apparently seeing it as a favour to save people going to the Delivery Office .

It's no skin off his nose if they have to bring it back to the office anyway as all postmen have to do go back to the office nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Item posted on May 3rd and arrived on June 9th. That's a little too long for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

An Post have raised there handling fee for collecting customs to €10? When did that happen? Last time I had to pay customs it was only €6 for An Post to take my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I've been waiting for a delivery for the past 3 weeks. The item was bought from an American Company, but shipped from China, so I was expecting delivery to take a while.

After I hadn't heard anything, I checked with the company last week, and they confirmed it had been shipped in late May. They gave me a tracking number and I checked this with An Post.

It turns out the item has been sitting in D24 Mail Centre since June 4th. I contacted An Post CS and was told that there was a backlog in D24 Mail Centre, which was causing the delay, and due to a lack of staff they could not give me any indication of when I could expect a delivery. I was told there were 5 crates of over a thousand packages each in the backlog.

The CS Guy said I wasn't the only one on about this, and that complaints had been made to the D24 office. Just in case anyone else is waiting a delivery

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It may be worth ringing and asking An Post directly by the looks of it: An Post delays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

You got to laugh at the slogan on the An Post vans, something about "delivering the world to your door" with a picture of a superman type character flying to your house with a package in his hand :D

They should be forced by the advertising standards authority to display an honest truthful slogan...Such as "dumping your world into D24 and leaving it rot there" with a picture of a heap of packages with mould growing on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the bigger thread in Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dudara wrote: »
    Merged into the bigger thread in Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

Link?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Esel wrote: »
    Link?

Post number 609

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

whiterebel wrote: »
    Post number 609

Not available on touch site...

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Doltanian wrote: »
    I ordered a small item from Gearbest today and I sent it to AddressPal in the UK as I'd like it sooner than later. I'm not sure if it will come from China or a European warehouse but we will see.

This item I ordered on the 23rd of May arrived today at my local post office, it was actually shipped from Malaysia to the UK and then onto the AddressPal system. 3 weeks and three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Either things have picked up recently or i've been very lucky. 6 items delivered this week and all took under a month to reach ireland. the item i received today didnt leave shanghai until June 7th.

Small packet mail from Guanzhou
    Shipped 09/06
    Arrived 26/06

Back to pretty much normal at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

Ordered new Unted away jersey.

Shipped 19/06
    Arrived 27/06

That's crazy fast.

Jun12 - July3. Pretty good.

Update:
    Also Jun 14 July 3 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Ordered and shipped on June 22nd, arrived yesterday July 3rd :eek:

China Post Small Packet service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,562 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Last few I ordered - 18 to 23 days. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Ordered a small item (Luggage Lock) from eBay and it shipped from China on 4th July same day I ordered it and it arrived this morning 16 days later which seems to be about normal for An Post.

Yeah, my last few orders have taken the usual two weeks or so.

Unregistered Users

Things are getting better and better - last few I bought came to me in 13-20 days. Well done! :D

joujoujou wrote: »
    Things are getting better and better - last few I bought came to me in 13-20 days. Well done! :D

True. I've been getting stuff from US that has come over in three days. U.K. In 2. China in 10. And the latest two from Hong Kong in 5 days!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

No issues to report myself for awhile now, but have a query for anyone that's had an "epacket" delivery from China via anpost, tracking normally starts on them with LX. Any that I have had delivered , circa 10, haven't shown up on anpost tracking.

I'm wondering is it a China only tracked service or has anyone else had theirs tracked?

Also worth noting that there's a stretch of holidays coming up in China from the 1st to 9th of October, incase anyone notices a slowdown, it will be interesting to see if another backlog forms from then onto the run up to Christmas

LX isnt one of the UPU ones as far as I know, it will only work with Chinese scanners. If its to be tracked here it would be rebadged.

Unregistered Users

I have one parcel with LX... tracking number currently somewhere in China. 17track shows EMS as a carrier.

AFAIR (but I may be wrong) some of my previous LX... parcels were tracked here, but required no signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Ordered a product from a Chinese seller on Amazon, on August 25th.
    Got an update on August 31st to say it was in transit.
    Emailed seller to find out where it was.

Said it was on the way.
    Waited.

Rang An Post with my tracking number. They said it had been posted from China on September 3rd.

They suggested I emailed seller asking where it was.
    Emailed seller.

Seller said it had been posted on September 3rd and would I please wait three more days and if I didn't get it, they'd send again or refund.
    I'll wait and request it to be sent again if it doesn't come by mid-week.
    I'm not ar*ed at this stage; it's not worth requesting a refund.

I actually want the thing now and if it ends up I get two, so be it.

But I'm new to this whole China Post being slow so I'll keep it in mind for future reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how about sending stuff back? is that just as slow?

Advertisement