Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Well I would sure as hell trust Singapore Post's data before I would trust Ireland's An Rust :D

I can see status of
    "arrival at destination post IE"
    that indicates to me that it's arrived in Ireland.

Here's an example of one that I'm waiting for from Singpost which is registered airmail :-

November 21
    15:35
    Imported to the country of destination
    IE
    November 19
    11:37
    Exported from the departure country
    Singapore Post

if there was a fixed time being added on by tracking e.g. days and hours wouldn't the minute digit be the same figure?

like in the example posted above (here's the link from above again)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103558683&postcount=568

• Registered Users Posts: 40,304 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

glasso wrote: »
    I can see status of
    "arrival at destination post IE"
    that indicates to me that it's arrived in Ireland.

Here's an example of one that I'm waiting for from Singpost which is registered airmail :-

November 21
    15:35
    Imported to the country of destination
    IE
    November 19
    11:37
    Exported from the departure country
    Singapore Post

if there was a fixed time being added on by tracking e.g. days and hours wouldn't the minute digit be the same figure?

like in the example posted above.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...&postcount=568

Does imported mean it is in the hands of an post or simply that it is sitting there waiting for customs to release it?

Does imported mean it is in the hands of an post or simply that it is sitting there waiting for customs to release it?

I take it to mean that it's in Ireland but who else would have it.
    I'm sure that An Post would be more than happy to blame customs but I've never seen that mentioned by them.

In the example that I gave further back then customs must have intercepted it in transit from Dublin to Cork to hold on to it a second time :pac:

• Advertisement

I take it to mean that it's in Ireland but who else would have it.
    I'm sure that An Post would be more than happy to blame customs but I've never seen that mentioned by them.

As far as I am aware customs just work out of the An Post sorting centre doing spot checks.
    It's not like they give hours examining every little package in fine detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I think the thought that an airmail package costing a couple of euros is going to get from Singapore to Ireland in 2 days is part of the problem. I've previously mentioned it but even express services from Asia with DHL or FedEx ect are likely to be a minimum of 3 days, so I don't see how people expect some of these packages to be in Ireland so quick by regular mail.

It doesn't explain why the tracking shows it, maby it's fabricated by SG post ect so it looks as if they are super quick in processing and that any delays point to the receivers country as it's apparently out of their hands, it's all just guess work though.

5500 wrote: »
    I think the thought that an airmail package costing a couple of euros is going to get from Singapore to Ireland in 2 days is part of the problem. I've previously mentioned it but even express services from Asia with DHL or FedEx ect are likely to be a minimum of 3 days, so I don't see how people expect some of these packages to be in Ireland so quick by regular mail.

It doesn't explain why the tracking shows it, maby it's fabricated by SG post ect so it looks as if they are super quick in processing and that any delays point to the receivers country as it's apparently out of their hands, it's all just guess work though.

but that was just the flight part. the item was "shipped" 4 Nov and went through various other stages before departing on flight 19 Nov.
    I have no problem believing that the sing post flight part from the foreign country to Ireland took 2 days - landed somewhere and took another flight to Ireland.
    it wasn't a couple of euro - something like 20 euro which got registered air mail.

I've had tracking say dispatched to foreign country before and take longer (5/6 days) to say arrived in Ireland. Then ages to actually get delivered.
    There is definitely stuff being left for ages not being sorted - An Post effectively admitted to me in their email when then said that their target is 4 weeks after arrival in Ireland before delivery.
    It's only when they sort / process it that it gets onto the An Post system - before that it's in "left in bag" limbo.

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I was waiting weeks for a parcel which according to track56 was already in the country.

Then I compared to a previous parcel and noticed each interval in the tracking sequence was identical, to the nearest minute. The parcel wasn't "Arrived" in Ireland at all, the tracking info was totally fabricated to make the Chinese postal system seem fast and the Irish one seem slow.

I did same with dozens of previous purchases and found similar patterns, although the intervals changed over time.

I'm not saying that's the case every time. Just don't be too trusting in the Chinese tracking pages.

• Advertisement

I was waiting weeks for a parcel which according to track56 was already in the country.

Then I compared to a previous parcel and noticed each interval in the tracking sequence was identical, to the nearest minute. The parcel wasn't "Arrived" in Ireland at all, the tracking info was totally fabricated to make the Chinese postal system seem fast and the Irish one seem slow.

I did same with dozens of previous purchases and found similar patterns, although the intervals changed over time.

I'm not saying that's the case every time. Just don't be too trusting in the Chinese tracking pages.
    Jealous of the Irish "best in the world" postal service I suppose :D

Interesting on the reverse side. I sent something standard economy airmail by An Post to china (phone return) and it was received there in 2 weeks!
    obviously no big problem processing it and getting it out of the country here fairly quickly when An Post is getting the money! :D
    I presume that it's going the same way, just the reverse route.....

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Not only Chinese, e.g. Russian post does the same. The day after a parcel reaches the 'exported to the country of destination' stage it's marked as arrived, just as if everything was flown priority on planes. And then it would remain at that stage for weeks. Several sellers and anpost got some hassle, before I figured that indication was bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can look at the flight codes, its only about 2-3 days transit.

Known transit times
    +
    UK Times being perfect
    +
    AnPost Email.

They deserve the flack tbh. Total disregard for the UPU.

Not only Chinese, e.g. Russian post does the same. The day after a parcel reaches the 'exported to the country of destination' stage it's marked as arrived, just as if everything was flown priority on planes. And then it would remain at that stage for weeks. Several sellers and anpost got some hassle, before I figured that indication was bogus.

what are all these people buying from Russia?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

AK-47 maybe? :D

Free, untracked, low value packet mail from China (Dx.com).

Dispatched 9 days ago:
    UK (residential) arrived TODAY. 9 days.
    IRL (residential) no sign yet, doubt we'll see it before mid Jan.

Says it all.

ED E wrote: »
    Free, untracked, low value packet mail from China (Dx.com).

Dispatched 9 days ago:
    UK (residential) arrived TODAY. 9 days.
    IRL (residential) no sign yet, doubt we'll see it before mid Jan.

Says it all.

Yeah, the only logical explanation is that they want to intimidate people into stopping buying online from the far East.
    It's amazing that an old lazy postal service thinks it gets to decide where people can shop :mad:

archer22 wrote: »
    Yeah, the only logical explanation is that they want to intimidate people into stopping buying online from the far East.
    It's amazing that an old lazy postal service thinks it gets to decide where people can shop :mad:

it's maddening.

got something that arrived in dublin Nov 21 there on Saturday (must be working this Sat due to Christmas).

over 3 and a 1/2 weeks just sitting around in the An Post limbo system where they don't bother to look at it and hence it's not registered so they can pretend it's not received by them.

I'm going to use parcel wizard for my next order and will post results. of course that's giving into the An Post passive aggressive policy but just to see...

one possible way to get around this is, if you have the option to select a postage method, use one of the ones that use another European country intermediary method.
    e.g. Post NL where it goes from China to NL and then onto Ireland. An Post will be getting it through the European system as opposed to a plane-load of china post.
    other ones used are Swedish post, Belgium etc.
    Certainly not everywhere gives you the option for this but worth keeping in mind.
    I got something the other day in a couple of weeks that happened to use Belgian post (even though I didn't know that it was going to be sent through them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

I was told yesterday that gearbest has such option. Will have to look into that myself and see if that can replace ebay. Its really disgrace, such a banana republic!

flintash wrote: »
    I was told yesterday that gearbest has such option. Will have to look into that myself and see if that can replace ebay. Its really disgrace, such a banana republic!

that item that I got sent was from gearbest. however, on gearbest it seems that you can't choose china post vs say Belgian post (at the moment anyway). it's only untracked, tracked, courier.
    so it seems random what method will be used for untracked or tracked.
    would be good to able to choose within those.

it's a crazy situation with An Post but don't see it changing. seems to be OK (well better than total sh1t) from say Feb to Sept but once you get near Christmas forget about it as all other forms of incoming post will be prioritised over anything from China/Singapore/HK.

that item that I got sent was from gearbest. however, on gearbest it seems that you can't choose china post vs say Belgian post (at the moment anyway). it's only untracked, tracked, courier.
    so it seems random what method will be used for untracked or tracked.
    would be good to able to choose within those.

it's a crazy situation with An Post but don't see it changing. seems to be OK (well better than total sh1t) from say Feb to Sept but once you get near Christmas forget about it as all other forms of incoming post will be prioritised over anything from China/Singapore/HK.

It could also be argued that it's discrimination targeting Chinese vendors and anyone who purchases from them.

one possible way to get around this is, if you have the option to select a postage method, use one of the ones that use another European country intermediary method.
    e.g. Post NL where it goes from China to NL and then onto Ireland. An Post will be getting it through the European system as opposed to a plane-load of china post.
    other ones used are Swedish post, Belgium etc.
    Certainly not everywhere gives you the option for this but worth keeping in mind.
    I got something the other day in a couple of weeks that happened to use Belgian post (even though I didn't know that it was going to be sent through them).

Doesnt work. DX use this for all their battery orders and they all saw the same delays last year. Its still clearly chinese packet mail with their CN22 labels etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

[/B]

It could also be argued that it's discrimination targeting Chinese vendors and anyone who purchases from them.

And who is going to support that claim i.e. that its stopping the flood of cheap imports in to the EU? Ireland? The EU?

whiterebel wrote: »
    And who is going to support that claim i.e. that its stopping the flood of cheap imports in to the EU? Ireland? The EU?

:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

:confused::confused:

Who would people complain to about the discrimination?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,568 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

The Pope. ;)

Unregistered parcels always take a couple of weeks extra this time of year.

It's a fairly expected delay due to time of year and volume of parcels. I don't think there's any great conspiracy to punish people for ordering tat from China. They're just up to their eyeballs in parcels.

• Advertisement

Unregistered parcels always take a couple of weeks extra this time of year.

It's a fairly expected delay due to time of year and volume of parcels. I don't think there's any great conspiracy to punish people for ordering tat from China. They're just up to their eyeballs in parcels.

Not really...got a registered package from Singapore stuck in An Post since December 6th....but an unregistered package ordered a week ago from UK arrived today...which is normal time.

Advertisement