Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

another one for me as well today. left china on April 20th. I can live with a month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I ordered a small item from Gearbest today and I sent it to AddressPal in the UK as I'd like it sooner than later. I'm not sure if it will come from China or a European warehouse but we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭dohouch

Ebay-14 days, Arrived free p&p from Hong Kong. Does stuff from HK get here quicker or is it just luck of the draw? Have had 1 or 2 from FastTech in 13 days, norm for FT used to be around 23 days for me. ( no special shipping, basic package )

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

dohouch wrote: »
    Ebay-14 days, Arrived free p&p from Hong Kong. Does stuff from HK get here quicker or is it just luck of the draw? Have had 1 or 2 from FastTech in 13 days, norm for FT used to be around 23 days for me. ( no special shipping, basic package )

That's lucky. Last item took me 6 weeks from Hong Kong. I'm waiting on two more from there. One is already 4 weeks and the othe two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Of note:
    SachaJ wrote: »
    One for the books.... Another order arrived. Ordered on the 6th May and delivered with China Post/An Post today. 17 days only..... The tracking is only saying departed country of origin

• Advertisement

SHIPPED 20 MAR 17
    ARRIVED 24 MAY 17 65 Days
    SHIPPED 20 MAR 17
    ARRIVED 24 MAY 17 65 Days

Two this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Two parcels today:

a) shipped on the tenth of March - 75 days
    b) shipped on the twelfth of... May - 12 days.

I also got a parcel yesterday, from 30.03 - 54 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Phonicks

got parcel yesterday, was posted from china on the 2nd of april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

<SNIP> Please read the mod warning in post 519 before posting again.

China/Russia/Singapore/HK for sure. Not clear about other non EU consignments.

• Advertisement

<SNIP>

No issue with post from the US. The US pays full price for parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Another parcel arrived - 20 days in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Ordered something from China that was shipped on 16 March and it was only delivered on 23 May. 10 weeks in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,562 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    Another item bought on 18 Apr. came in.

35 days.

Still waiting for 4 more items.

And another one. 36 days.

On the other note. Put 3 orders on 11th of May, all to be delivered to DPD Parcel Wizard up north. 2 of them came to me yesterday. So total time from China to Newtownabbey was just 14 days! :eek:

On the other note. Put 3 orders on 11th of May, all to be delivered to DPD Parcel Wizard up north. 2 of them came to me yesterday. So total time from China to Newtownabbey was just 14 days! :eek:

A courier service is really not comparable to traditional mail carriers. Havent seen a single hitch with those services in the last 12mo +.

Unregistered Users

You got me wrong. They're all aliexpress standard shipping, just delivered elsewhere. :p

Bought a $20 item and paid $2.77 for Singapore Post. They sent it registered.

SHIPPED 16 MAY 17
    ARRIVED 26 MAY 17

10 Days is good but as its signed for there's no way "Unnamed Mail Carrier" could derogate from their duties.
    You got me wrong. They're all aliexpress standard shipping, just delivered elsewhere. :p

Doh, shouldn't skim read! Yeah, exactly the same experience with AddPal and PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Just looking at an item on Ali and it states it can be shipped from the UK, has anyone done this before, and if so has time in transit been what one would expect getting something from the UK?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've an order going to PM which is at 24 days undelivered now, not seeing the advantage of having it sent through the Uk in my case.

Unregistered Users

2 more from China (direct) - 39 days. :cool:

• Advertisement

2 recent free shipping orders (small packets, from China ) on Ebay arrived in 14 days & 22 days. So long shipping times are not everything and not every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I received two packages today.

China Post label on the first one says it was shipped on February 6th.
    China Post label on the second one says it was shipped on May 1st.

Both shipped small packets untracked outside China. The February one is about 1/4th the size of the May package though.

Unregistered Users

Oat23 wrote: »
    [...] The February one is about 1/4th the size of the May package though.
    The February one fell off the pallet somehow and they accidentally found it recently during their Housekeeping Day. ;)

3AM 14th May: Loaded onto LH8415-978 so thats:
    LH8415 Guangzhou - Novosibirsk - Frankfurt (3 Times weekly)
    LH978 Frankfurt - Dublin (Daily)

So it's been in Dublin since end of day 15th May. Today is the 31st.

F2WFyAfpfVfFe.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

ED E wrote: »
    3AM 14th May: Loaded onto LH8415-978 so thats:
    LH8415 Guangzhou - Novosibirsk - Frankfurt (3 Times weekly)
    LH978 Frankfurt - Dublin (Daily)

So it's been in Dublin since end of day 15th May. Today is the 31st.

Unless that's an expedited bona fide couriered purchase I'd try and relax. It's likely on the Indian Ocean a couple of weeks away at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Four weeks for cables from Vention store - free post but turned out to be registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Bluetooth earphones, ordered May 14th, shipped May 17th, delivered this morning June 1st. Free post but registered.

styron wrote: »
    Unless that's an expedited bona fide couriered purchase I'd try and relax. It's likely on the Indian Ocean a couple of weeks away at least.

Amazing that how it arrived this morning. Record breaking container ship.

If you dont have any proof that "Air Mail" isnt air mail please leave that BS narrative rest.

dohouch wrote: »
    2 recent free shipping orders (small packets, from China ) on Ebay arrived in 14 days & 22 days. So long shipping times are not everything and not every time.

Again today , Ebay free P&P from China, all 3 packets China post = 22 days:)

• Advertisement

couple more this week. all around 3 weeks shipping time with some as low as 2.

Advertisement