Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SeanHarty wrote: »
    no phone in work...?

are you working in North Korea???

If I bring a mobile into work its a 5 year stretch in the clink for me :(
    Jonny is a "Protectionist Civil Servant" for the North Korean Kim Dynasty. The Civic family have been closely linked to the Kim family for generations. Some suspect than the Civic Family are the true rulers of NK, but to utter such in public is a Fistable offence.

giphy.gif

Shhhh i told you not to reveal that to anyone, your getting an extra fisting for that today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Shhhh i told you not to reveal that to anyone, your getting an extra fisting for that today :P

Looking forward to it.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Clan suggestion:

Guys,
    Clan 1 is 100% full - this means we are not allowed participate in and guided games activities (as guides).
    If anyone else leaves, I suggest we leave the clans at 99 people - so we can still avail of the guided games function.

There seems to be a few people leaving and joining all the time, so next time an opening appears - can we guide them to the next available clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Clan suggestion:

Guys,
    Clan 1 is 100% full - this means we are not allowed participate in and guided games activities (as guides).
    If anyone else leaves, I suggest we leave the clans at 99 people - so we can still avail of the guided games function.

There seems to be a few people leaving and joining all the time, so next time an opening appears - can we guide them to the next available clan?

My take on this, is that we should look after our own before we look after the rest of the world (more on this to come)

Feedback taken on board though :P

For now, I think it best we limit our Clan to 198 -> 200 members, otherwise it'll be a bloated mess and lack any sort of community spirit and becomes really painful to admin.
    As the game gets quieter and the PC release comes out, we will perhaps see clan numbers drop again. Right now we're just at critical mass

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hochspitch

Then plain and simple it is not a boards.ie clan because its made up of mostly non boards members. So again IMO it should not be associated with Boards.ie in any way. People may view that differently but to me if I was looking for a clan and I seen lets say "Destiny 2 Reddit Clan" I would expect it to be made up of Reddit Users mainly and I would sign up to reddit to chat etc to the rest of the members of the clan. Its common sense to expect it to be made up mainly of users from the website they are aligning themselves with.

This here seems like a conflict of our interests in our roles tbh.

Never once has the fact we had "Boards" in the Clan name been an issue while having non-boards users involved..... until all of a sudden it is now.

I too am getting a different tone from your posts on the subject this morning, Like Emmet said. Perhaps this is something that's been brewing for some of you for a while and now.

If you guys want transparency.....

If it's a choice between renaming Clan 2 (to remove the "Boards" word) or kicking Hochspitch from Clan 2 since he's not a Boards user... well... I'm going to rename the Clan. Doing the latter flies in the face of everything I've ever tried to do for the Clan and it's members. And tbh, morally, I'd never do something like.

And tbh, you are saying 100% of the Boards Clan members need to be on Boards... well if they are not, they get kicked so right? Hochspitch is not on Boards, known the guy 3 years, he ain't going nowhere.

We built this Clan around the people in it, not the "Boards.ie" banner per-se
    Thanks for having my back Generic! Been a member since 2007 though I'm just a sneaky little fecker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

hochspitch wrote:
    Thanks for having my back Generic! Been a member since 2007 though I'm just a sneaky little fecker.

Tis a good thing we took down all those Hoch pictures with targets over your face and the eyes cut out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looking forward to it.

giphy.gif

wtf is this from? I wasn't to be sure I never watch it by mistake.

hochspitch wrote: »

Eh, well I didn't know that tbh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Hi Lads

Any room in the clan ?

Power is around 245 , just started doing the Strikes and Nightfall's.

Thanks

gimli2112 wrote: »
    wtf is this from? I wasn't to be sure I never watch it by mistake.

Honestly have no idea. Just another giphy contribution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Apocalypse wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Any room in the clan ?

Power is around 245 , just started doing the Strikes and Nightfall's.

Thanks

Spaces are premium but a little tidy up and we can probably fit you in. I'll have a look through later tonight, what's your psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

dudeeile wrote: »
    Spaces are premium but a little tidy up and we can probably fit you in. I'll have a look through later tonight, what's your psn?

Thanks Dudeelie

Breener666 is my PSN

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Apocalypse wrote: »
    Thanks Dudeelie

Breener666 is my PSN

Cheers

Right we have a spot reserved for you, unfortunetly, for some reason, I can't send you an invite so just go here and request to join and I'll approve.

You might also fancy signing up for this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

Quick question to those that my know, if it should be in a different forum Mods please move. Looking to buy Destiny 2 Limited Edition PS4 for my young lad, problem is I can only find on Amazon and other UK sites, my concern is that the expansion pass code wont work in Ireland. Anyone know if this will work?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Quick question to those that my know, if it should be in a different forum Mods please move. Looking to buy Destiny 2 Limited Edition PS4 for my young lad, problem is I can only find on Amazon and other UK sites, my concern is that the expansion pass code wont work in Ireland. Anyone know if this will work?

TIA
    It will, btw the expansion pass only comes with the white PS4 Pro bundle, not the bundle with the PS4 slim.

Was just looking to buy the limited edition game. No console. Cheers for confirming. Was unsure about regions/ zones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Was just looking to buy the limited edition game. No console. Cheers for confirming. Was unsure about regions/ zones

Ah, yes it will work. Game are selling it in the UK. It needs to be shipped to Parcel Motel or similar though.

It will, btw the expansion pass only comes with the white PS4 Pro bundle, not the bundle with the PS4 slim.

Great, thanks sniper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

My take on this, is that we should look after our own before we look after the rest of the world (more on this to come)

Just so we're clear, we were in a situation where no one from the clan was available to join us, so we tried a guided game. However because clan 1 was full - we were not allowed access to the guided game.

If it ever came about the situation that someone from the guided game wanted to join the clan, they could obviously join clan 1, 2 or even 3 if we get there.
    But right now, we don't have the option to do guided games.

(We're probably on the same page, just clarifying)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Are we in a position to have a Clan 3 now, cos with christmas coming up more people will end up getting into the game.

• Advertisement

Are we in a position to have a Clan 3 now, cos with christmas coming up more people will end up getting into the game.

Probably not right now. Out of 2 full clans, only 178 people have joined communites. Of those 178, how many actually USE communities? I think, after sherpafest, there might be some spots available in clan for newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,994 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Probably not right now. Out of 2 full clans, only 178 people have joined communites. Of those 178, how many actually USE communities? I think, after sherpafest, there might be some spots available in clan for newbies.

Agreed.

Also, we would need to discuss what the minimum number of people would be for opening it up, while also having clan 1 and 2 full/active.

No point opening up Clan three for 5 people, for example, really.

Essentially give it a week or two and see have player numbers dwindled.
    I'd say we're safely past the "growth" phase now.
    As Conovar said, having Clan 3 opened up for the sake of a handful would be bit of a does, even just in terms of Clan rewards.
    In terms of being short a 6th, if you've posted in communities and/or here and fired off some party invites (if relevant) and had no success, there's still always LFG sites

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Not to open that particular can of worms again but I wouldn't use communities as a guage of activity in game in to be honest.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Not to open that particular can of worms again but I wouldn't use communities as a guage of activity in game in to be honest.

Activity in the game or activity in the clan? No use someone playing every day if they have no intention of playing with a Clan member.

Activity in the game or activity in the clan? No use someone playing every day if they have no intention of playing with a Clan member.

well either there are a nice few groups playing these days that dont post at all in communities or boards but still send out invites msgs etc.

i did 2 nf this week by getting party invites from clan 1 guys.

well either there are a nice few groups playing these days that dont post at all in communities or boards but still send out invites msgs etc.

Cool story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I've posted multiple times in the community yo try and get an activity going or some help on something, the only decent reply I've had was yesterday when iron banner started sniper and sirconor joined up with me and wonda.

Seems hard to get any reply in the community but maybe that's because I've been pretty vocal on how the "community" has suffered since the switch..... go figure.

Just made sure you don't make statements the "big boys" (or teenage girls more like) don't like...

Cool story.

What's that supposed to mean?

• Advertisement

SeanHarty wrote:
    I've posted multiple times in the community yo try and get an activity going or some help on something, the only decent reply I've had was yesterday when iron banner started sniper and sirconor joined up with me and wonda.

SeanHarty wrote:
    Seems hard to get any reply in the community but maybe that's because I've been pretty vocal on how the "community" has suffered since the switch..... go figure.

SeanHarty wrote:
    Just made sure you don't make statements the "big boys" (or teenage girls more like) don't like...

Theirs no benefit to having this argument again.

I raided twice last week with boards people , and did 2 nightfalls.

Was a bit busy with work this week gone so had not posted on boards or communities just got invites as I was online.

All I was saying was I wouldn't limit activity to what you see posted on communities or on boards. Especially as you have both your friend list and clan roster in game.

Advertisement