Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I left for a couple of reasons, stating those reasons here would not benefit anyone or anything so no point saying why. What I will say is I left on my own and the lads I regularly play with from boards clans 1&2 did not even know I had left the clan until in a raid a few days later and the emblem was gone off my name.

For the record I have no problem with 99% of the people in boards but there is a hell of alot of ****e that does need to be sorted within boards, hence why I and others ultimately left.

As far as I am concerned there is no divide between ANY clan and boards especially our new one that only came to starting out of desperation and frustration in trying to play a game with similar people but could not find anyone on a regular basis. I have, since D2 came out helped a huge amount of people do the raid and quests even people who would not regularly play with me if they were not "stuck" if you like.

The boards clan was originally started with very good intentions with very good players and a HUGE amount of criac but ultimately that has been lost in translation along the way. Which is an incredible shame....it really is.

Thanx for all the drunken memories from D1 and I am sure we can create new ones albeit in different clans in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was thinking about discord as an alternative to Communities. As I see it:

+ No player limits.
    + Can set up multiple channels for different activities and even other games if we wanted to.
    + Can set up and track events and player signups..
    + Phone notifications work.
    + Available on phone and computer.
    + Destiny API Bot integration for some cool little destiny related features.

- Would require people to download and sign up to another app.
    - No native PSN integration so no in game notifications.

A clan 2 member (woodsey) suggested another app, gamerlink which from my little look at it is similar in what it offers - but I've never heard of it before today.

Anyone have any thoughts or alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Was thinking about discord as an alternative to Communities. As I see it:

+ No player limits.
    + Can set up multiple channels for different activities and even other games if we wanted to.
    + Can set up and track events and player signups..
    + Phone notifications work.
    + Available on phone and computer.
    + Destiny API Bot integration for some cool little destiny related features.

- Would require people to download and sign up to another app.
    - No native PSN integration so no in game notifications.

A clan 2 member (woodsey) suggested another app, gamerlink which from my little look at it is similar in what it offers - but I've never heard of it before today.

Anyone have any thoughts or alternatives?

I'm going to stay out of these discussions from here on out but I think discord sounds like a great idea, gives people a central hub to play all sorts not just destiny and I think it could really improve the social aspect of the community In a way that when you login you can see all active boards members and what they are playing, giving you an easy way of saying ah ill play x or y because there's guys online and it'll be a bit of criac.

is it also possible to lock certain groups? for raid groups or such just to stop people jumping in and out when a team could be in the thick of it.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I'm going to stay out of these discussions from here on out but I think discord sounds like a great idea, gives people a central hub to play all sorts not just destiny and I think it could really improve the social aspect of the community In a way that when you login you can see all active boards members and what they are playing, giving you an easy way of saying ah ill play x or y because there's guys online and it'll be a bit of criac.

is it also possible to lock certain groups? for raid groups or such just to stop people jumping in and out when a team could be in the thick of it.

I think your discord comments are more related to a PC gaming usage of Discord which, I think, can more directly link with games and be used as your Voice Coms channel as well.

I don't think Discord can link in the same way to your PSN tag and see what you are doing (maybe it can) and while we could use the Voice Coms bit, I don't think it would be a good fit as it would be a seperated voice solution to the Playstation, and require you to be logged in on your PC to use in that way.

In that respect I don't think there would be a need or ability for locking anything down. You can create and track activities (tested this on a Destiny Boards Discord I created as a test bed ages ago) where you create your activity type, set a time etc - and then people can sign up for that event and be notified approaching start time - but the actual fireteam creation (and maybe party chat) would be done on PS.

As for whether you stay out of the conversation - to me that is not what I want in this situation. I think we need everyone on boards.ie to be involved in the discussion, the decision and the eventual solution. Maybe I am on my own on that, we'll see how the conversation goes - but I am personally looking for this to be a solution that keeps, the boards community together (or bridges the gaps that have been created), rather than being specifically a Clan1/2 thing.

I think your discord comments are more related to a PC gaming usage of Discord which, I think, can more directly link with games and be used as your Voice Coms channel as well.

I don't think Discord can link in the same way to your PSN tag and see what you are doing (maybe it can) and while we could use the Voice Coms bit, I don't think it would be a good fit as it would be a seperated voice solution to the Playstation, and require you to be logged in on your PC to use in that way.

In that respect I don't think there would be a need or ability for locking anything down. You can create and track activities (tested this on a Destiny Boards Discord I created as a test bed ages ago) where you create your activity type, set a time etc - and then people can sign up for that event and be notified approaching start time - but the actual fireteam creation (and maybe party chat) would be done on PS.

As for whether you stay out of the conversation - to me that is not what I want in this situation. I think we need everyone on boards.ie to be involved in the discussion, the decision and the eventual solution. Maybe I am on my own on that, we'll see how the conversation goes - but I am personally looking for this to be a solution that keeps, the boards community together (or bridges the gaps that have been created), rather than being specifically a Clan1/2 thing.

ah ok I'm not to familiar with discord so my idea of it must be wrong, thought it was something similar to TeamSpeak where you can login to a voice chat and see different channels e.g. destiny, fortnite or whatever and people playing those games would enter that channel.

Was thinking you could use the voice comms through your phone by connecting a mic.

• Advertisement

So we have set up a Discord server as a possible replacement for Communities as our main communication tool. Link is available in the Bungie chat.

Have a play around with it, on mobile and PC, and see what you think of it in comparison to Communities, PSN Messages and any other tool you might like to propose yourself.

A few basic channels and some bot functionality there.

Not saying Discord is the next step - but we figure people have experience with Communities and Messages as our 'looking for people' clan tools, so having a play around with discord will help in making a decision on what the group prefers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Discord is an exciting development imo. I must admit to knowing very little about it but there's good potential here as a tool for more than just communication. I must take a bit of a tutorial to see what's what.

PetKing wrote: »
    Discord is an exciting development imo. I must admit to knowing very little about it but there's good potential here as a tool for more than just communication. I must take a bit of a tutorial to see what's what.

I like it myself - hoping that bots become more useful over time as Bungie API integration improves.

I do wish there was a way to better link it to PSN. I know they don't have a native app but I think if there was a way to hook in and see who was online or send a PSN friend request, or pull the PSN name for the user etc - it would be great.

I found communities clunky to load on console, but it was more immediate in terms of knowing who was online at the time.

I think the messages themselves are easier to read on Discord and it is easier to have a conversation than on either PSN messages or communities. I also think with the channels structure is will be easier to organise things, and in future you could also have seperate channels for the different games we may play together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I do wish there was a way to better link it to PSN. I know they don't have a native app but I think if there was a way to hook in and see who was online or send a PSN friend request, or pull the PSN name for the user etc - it would be great.

It's a feature request here, you would think it would be as simple as linking your PSN/Gamertag to Discord so I'm guessing it's a Sony/Microsoft choice, it may well come with the native apps, whenever that is!

There's this from GitHub but I haven't had a good look through it yet.

Edit: Tried to get that github app up and running but nada, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the project either. I'm gonna head over and comment on the discord site adding a little more weight to that feature being added.

In light of the all the issues that are being discussed in the Clan Migration thread, and all the issues with communities etc - we are looking at trying to get solutions. We’re thinking of doing a poll, what options should we look at including? So far we have these 3 ideas, any other suggestions

1. 2 New PSN Chat Messages - one for each clan.
    2. 1 PSN Chat for most active players, Communities used for overflow and LFG
    3. Discord Server.

In addition, Communities will be opened to everyone on boards.ie (previously clan only) who wants access, whatever clan you are in or not in a clan at all - while we also look any other solutions in the forthcoming discussions. We aren't going to publicly open it for entry cause we don't want randoms, but if you want in to Communities while these discussions are ongoing, just let me know.

The three options above are just starting points for discussions. It isn't limited to that and isn't limited to any one thing.

Since this message has been posted two active boards.ie members have been booted from the community for changing clans....

I guess nothing has changed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Took less than 20 minutes for someone to kick me from community after changing clan.

Still others remain there who have never being in clan

Took less than 20 minutes for someone to kick me from community after changing clan.

Still others remain there who have never being in clan

People shouldn't have been kicked after announcement. No.

You were kicked before then.

Who are the people in communities that were never in the clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

People shouldn't have been kicked after announcement. No.

You were kicked before then.

Who are the people in communities that were never in the clan?

Who kicked me, and for what reason?

I'm not gonna name others. We all know there are non clan members in there

Name the non clan members.

You were kicked cause you left the clan. At the time (and seemingky now too though I don't agree with that) no clan meant no community.

You decided to leave the clan, thus kicked.

Name the non clan members.

You were kicked cause you left the clan. At the time (and seemingky now too though I don't agree with that) no clan meant no community.

You decided to leave the clan, thus kicked.

That's bull mate and you know it, in the last few hours since your wrote that message that no one would be kicked two people have been.

You want people to name people... ok.. daddydyl and welbeck. If I had access to the community (which I don't because I was kicked) I could name more.

The problem isn't really people being kicked, it's the lies.

That's bull mate and you know it, in the last few hours since your wrote that message that no one would be kicked two people have been.

You want people to name people... ok.. daddydyl and welbeck. If I had access to the community (which I don't because I was kicked) I could name more.

Both are clan members.

As far as I am concerned no one should have been kicked from communities since Tuesday afternoon.

Both are clan members.

As far as I am concerned no one should have been kicked from communities since Tuesday afternoon.

Well that's great but as an admin of the clan, it looks as if you've been bypassed in that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

Look this can be easily solved, invite everyone who was kicked from communities back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Personally I don't see the point there's too much bad blood at this stage.

Firstly anyone who complained were part of the 2 or 3 vocal detractors, then we were 6 sitting in a tower.
    When someone left and that was raised by a different poster,they reply was lots of people left over 3 years more than I remember,.
    Dismissal at every turn.

Then when an alternative clan is set up people start getting booted.

Then when ye realise a nice few left it suddenly was let's talk, we will set up polls and discord servers and psn chats.

Everyone is welcome back no more kicking people it's a boards community etc.
    2 more people leave and boom kicked.

Yeah lads talk of admin and discussions like it's some serious business, yet deliver different messages depending on who's talking

At the end of the day nobody should be kicked from the community if the want to be in it.

Your recruiting members on boards.ie
    The clan is boards.ie, your claiming it's boards clan on here yet want no input from boards.

What yer doing is against the charter at the end of day be a boards clan or **** off it and recruit somewhere else and change the bloody name.
    Because yer running this like a private members club making up rules as you go along.

Seriously lost a lot of respect for a few of you over the last few weeks.

Sad state of affairs when you have to come on here and throw accusations around about people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is a bit of politics spin going on here. "Nobody was kicked after I said all was welcome! You were kicked 12.4 seconds before I posted that!"

Thats not a helpful response. I second what Steve said. If the new rule in the community is that all are welcome, then anyone who wants in should be invited back.

Personally, I don't really mind either way being in the community but some people do and kicking them was an act of a petty, small person. Do the mature thing please and make it right.

Kirby wrote: »
    There is a bit of politics spin going on here. "Nobody was kicked after I said all was welcome! You were kicked 12.4 seconds before I posted that!"

Thats not a helpful response. I second what Steve said. If the new rule in the community is that all are welcome, then anyone who wants in should be invited back.

Personally, I don't really mind either way being in the community but some people do and kicking them was an act of a petty, small person. Do the mature thing please and make it right.

I didn't say no one was kicked after the statement. I have accepted that did happen and given my thoughts on that.

I responded directly to totz saying it. Totz was kicked before I thought any change had been agreed.

I specifically said I didn't feel anyone should have been kicked after my statement on Tuesday.

My opinion is the communities should be opened, not least because I think it's just causing needless problems right now. If people want in, let them in is my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Who are the non clan members in the community?

Enlighten me...

I thought we were going to give Discord a shot and see how it pans out from there, I had a look and think it could be a solution, as long as people will use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Honestly I dont know how its got to this stage I really dont, the bitterness and all the petty ****e going on. The sly private messages that people are saying in the backround but not in public.......All lads want to do is play the game and have some banter...

There are lads who have played with people on here for 3 or 4 years through destiny 1 and other games & all that goodwill and friendship is out the window now just because they left the boards clan which is ridiculous.

From talking to a hell of alot of guys over the last few days the massive exodus from the boards clan is not just down to a few decisions made on the fly without consultation from any members but the massive ego of certain top brass who think they are above fellow members and talk down to them like grown men are children.

Quite frankly some of the posts a certain individual posted in the last few weeks are a disgrace.

It's all still going on because people won't let it go and seem to think by saying that that it somehow absolves them. The history of posts is there for everyone to see, no matter what is done now or in the future the same heads will pop up with more 'problems', again being discussed in the backgorund as it has been put.

This thread is going in circles, good job on that front but still not a single helpful post aboout moving forward and the best method of communication to adopt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I agree Wondaboy, seems it has gotten very swipey at each other, it's a free country, join whatever clan you want - we have all played with non clan members at one point and I've no beef with it, sure one of the lads I mainly play with has his own clan of 3 people, lol

If you have a beef with a certain admin though maybe PM them your thoughts as opposed to having a pop without naming names here...

The clan originally had the guts of about 20 people up until the second DLC, and that was Xbox and PS members at that stage, was only a while back (TTK) we had to split them as it was adding up to too much admin between clans...

That is also why we had to go the community route recently, as having to have Generic and others friending people just so we could put them into 3 seperate message groups became too much...

Then when people left the chat or clan the messages needed reorganizing, it was a nightmare...

No one wanted a falling out, but a lot of people have taken umbridge to some of the changes made a while back so now we are trying to be more transparent in what we talk about, hence having this post here to try and chat about it on boards...

Sure some people in the clan don't even post here but have entered the clan via their friends who were members and that's okay also...

At the end of the day it's a computer game about shooting aliens in the face, no need for the kind of bitterness seen recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dudeeile wrote:
    Sad state of affairs when you have to come on here and throw accusations around about people.

dudeeile wrote:
    It's all still going on because people won't let it go and seem to think by saying that that it somehow absolves them. The history of posts is there for everyone to see, no matter what is done now or in the future the same heads will pop up with more 'problems', again being discussed in the backgorund as it has been put.

There is a history of posts here alright it won't show snakes like you though sending messages on the psn calling people toxic and bitter.

All the while your on here preaching about unhelpful comments and people being un-civil and the like.

How is messaging me on the psn that I'm toxic and bitter helpful, then threatening to unfriend me as well.

I've posted on here about my issues for the boards community to see and make up their minds I don't hide insults in pms on another platform to hide from boards moderation.

dudeeile wrote: »

This thread is going in circles, good job on that front but still not a single helpful post aboout moving forward and the best method of communication to adopt.
    DinoSteve wrote: »
    Look this can be easily solved, invite everyone who was kicked from communities back.
    Kirby wrote: »
    I second what Steve said. If the new rule in the community is that all are welcome, then anyone who wants in should be invited back.

These arent helpful posts about how to move forward, no?

You are reading and seeing what you want to see mate.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    There is a history of posts here alright it won't show snakes like you though sending messages on the psn calling people toxic and bitter.

All the while your on here preaching about unhelpful comments and people being un-civil and the like.

How is messaging me on the psn that I'm toxic and bitter helpful, then threatening to unfriend me as well.

I've posted on here about my issues for the boards community to see and make up their minds I don't hide insults in pms on another platform to hide from boards moderation.

Does everything need to be in public so you can be the poor me? It's probably more resonable to dicuss in private first but some people are just beyond that. Nothing new there though, eh.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »

dudeeile wrote: »
    Does everything need to be in public so you can be the poor me?

Don't be getting all huffy just because your bad behaviour has been made public.

Some of the private messages you have been sending people are disgraceful and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Advertisement