Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

• 04-07-2017 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 44,971 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all - we have done a tidy of the clans over the last day.

If you are in Clan 3, please move to clan 2 - https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/658545.

Don't forget to set Clan 2 as your PS4 clan.

We are also going to let people in clan 2 migrate to Clan 1 if they want to.

We are going to kick people from Clan 3 by the end of the week, and then possibly get rid of that clan (for the time being), so if you can get yourself moved before then that would be great.

Generic has messaged all the clan 3 people on PSN and Bungie.
    I believe Generic has also messaged a bunch of people in clan 2 about moving to clan 1 too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

F**k Bungie.nets Clan System. It's already throwing up so many issues. I hope when it migrates it's less cr@p.
    If you have issues, let me know on PSN/Bungie. I might not be able to help, but I can try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Thanks guys

I just did it on my second PSN, still unable to do anything on my main account, been like this since y1. I think its because I joined the xbox clan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

How I see fats

G7VvmiOl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dudeeile wrote: »
    How I see fats

G7VvmiOl.jpg

I don't see a DS or PC to play Destiny on... Clearly not Bohrio and is some amateur impersonating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Couch Co-Op confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Couch Co-Op confirmed?

Nah that's just weekly reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Hey,

I was wondering if there were any spots free in either of the two clans.
    There are about 7 of us looking to join if possible.

Cheers

Hey,

I was wondering if there were any spots free in either of the two clans.
    There are about 7 of us looking to join if possible.

Cheers

Tolerance for "Clan Hopping" is at an all time low.

So there's spaces there alright, but before commiting to anything, just consider that leaving gets you banned from the clan and kicked/banned from the community (this is now a blanket rule we're applying to everyone based on a few bad apples over the years so no offence)

There's spaces in Clan 2 if you're interested in joining there.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

So there's spaces there alright, but before commiting to anything, just consider that leaving gets you banned from the clan and kicked/banned from the community https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

That doesn't sound very friendly :pac: it's joining a clan not drawing down a mortgage with T&C's ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That doesn't sound very friendly :pac: it's joining a clan not drawing down a mortgage with T&C's ;)

Things are very different on PSN. After 3 years of managing chat groups with a max of 100 people for Clans of 240 people (at the time) it becomes tiring seeing people Clan Hop (i genuinely don't give a tuppeny f**k about the reasons) and then be in a "Clan Chat" but not in said Clan and then are basically blocking a genuine Clan member from having a spot leaving them out in the cold. 240 into 100 does not fit.

It's been great having so many active people in the clans/ps4 etc, but it's one of the downsides that a handful of people mucking about coming and going between clans has basically kind of ruined any semblance of flexibility.

It's genuinely something you'd only be able to truly understand if you had 1st hand experience of it (not just as an Admin, but as a user), I think most of the old school PS4 players can understand the over alll frustration at trying to manage this craic.. We've always tried to do the fairest thing for the very vast majority and overall things have been great. We're just very, very, very much done with facilitating clan hopping :P

• Advertisement

Things are very different on PSN. After 3 years of managing chat groups with a max of 100 people for Clans of 240 people (at the time) it becomes tiring seeing people Clan Hop (i genuinely don't give a tuppeny f**k about the reasons) and then be in a "Clan Chat" but not in said Clan and then are basically blocking a genuine Clan member from having a spot leaving them out in the cold. 240 into 100 does not fit.

It's been great having so many active people in the clans/ps4 etc, but it's one of the downsides that a handful of people mucking about coming and going between clans has basically kind of ruined any semblance of flexibility.

It's genuinely something you'd only be able to truly understand if you had 1st hand experience of it (not just as an Admin, but as a user), I think most of the old school PS4 players can understand the over alll frustration at trying to manage this craic.. We've always tried to do the fairest thing for the very vast majority and overall things have been great. We're just very, very, very much done with facilitating clan hopping :P

Do Clan 1 and Clan 2 link now or has Bungie not bothered with that?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do Clan 1 and Clan 2 link now or has Bungie not bothered with that?

They haven't bothered with it. "Alliances" are gone. Its anarchy now. I haven't heard from Clan 3 in a long while. Hope they are ok

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I haven't heard from Clan 3 in a long while. Hope they are ok

I heard they met up for beers and are still partying hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is there a new chat on PS4 or are we using the Community page ?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Community page is where it's at, better visibility and options imo.

^ This guy gets it. Community shill cheque in the mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Not in strange coins thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Uh.... No. Sorry Abuses, the clan has been dissolved and no one plays Destiny any more.

Oooofff! Abuses just got Bradzoned!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Tolerance for "Clan Hopping" is at an all time low.

So there's spaces there alright, but before commiting to anything, just consider that leaving gets you banned from the clan and kicked/banned from the community (this is now a blanket rule we're applying to everyone based on a few bad apples over the years so no offence)

There's spaces in Clan 2 if you're interested in joining there.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

Thanks for the invite. Can fully appreciate your comments. No worries here in that regard..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

API is completely locked down too, with no idea as to when it'll be opened up.
    So I expect the companion app won't be available either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

sent a request to join the clan on ps4..

ps id...... BAZ171075

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I was in Clan 2 on the original Destiny, sent a request there as Rob_Velocity.

Can ye make sure to send me friend requests too please so we can add ye to the community

Copied part of this from the sticky

HOW TO JOIN CLAN 2

PS Clan 2: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545
    Clan 2 Admins:
    - GenericDreadHead
    - Conovar
    - SolvableKnave
    - OptimusTractorX

Steps to joining the clan:

1. Follow the above links to the relevant Clan.
    2. Click "Join Clan" and await Admin approval (feel free to send a message to the relevant Admins).

Playstation 4 Community:
    At this point message (and send Friend Requests to) the 4 relevant Clan Admins above and they will invite you to join the PS4 Community (you will need to accept an invite for this). You can also search for this on Communities under: "Boards.ie Irish Destiny Clan". Access is limited to ONLY Clan members from both clans.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Oooofff! Abuses just got Bradzoned!

Taking things way too far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Copied part of this from the sticky

HOW TO JOIN CLAN 2

PS Clan 2: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545
    Clan 2 Admins:
    - GenericDreadHead
    - Conovar
    - SolvableKnave
    - OptimusTractorX

Steps to joining the clan:

1. Follow the above links to the relevant Clan.
    2. Click "Join Clan" and await Admin approval (feel free to send a message to the relevant Admins).

Playstation 4 Community:
    At this point message (and send Friend Requests to) the 4 relevant Clan Admins above and they will invite you to join the PS4 Community (you will need to accept an invite for this). You can also search for this on Communities under: "Boards.ie Irish Destiny Clan". Access is limited to ONLY Clan members from both clans.

May get the mods to change the sign up thread op.

Mickeroo, where are you?

(Knave I need a scooby doo gif)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Oh is clan 1 full? Wasn't sure. Should I just join clan 2?

Advertisement