Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dudeeile wrote:
    Does everything need to be in public so you can be the poor me? It's probably more resonable to dicuss in private first but some people are just beyond that. Nothing new there though, eh.

Whatever dude you post on here about being friendly and helpful while your pm'ing abuse on another platform so yeah that needs to be public.

Notice no denial of anything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Kirby wrote: »
    Don't be getting all huffy just because your bad behaviour has been made public.

Some of the private messages you have been sending people are disgraceful and you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Having played with some of those guys for a long time, I would have preferred to take it to PM first rather than just try to use it against someone. I am however not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No offense lads but if you have an issue between yourselves maybe sort it out with each other via PM

But if anyone wants to throw digs down in the church car park let me know and I'll come and film it for Bumfights : The Destiny Edition... :P

That's a joke before you give out... :)

Trying to lighten this place up a bit... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Well this is going well.....

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Whatever dude you post on here about being friendly and helpful while your pm'ing abuse on another platform so yeah that needs to be public.

Notice no denial of anything though.

No need man, I just would have looked at you as more of a friend than that and would therefore have been frank enough with you. Silly me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

Hi ya lads, just a quick post here to say I'm enjoying the new discord posting and it seems to be working a charm. On a related note I noticed 2 of the clan have unfriended me for no reason. I'm friends with ye all and I know I have no bad blood with anyone. If it's because I'm friends with certain individuals who have opposite views to your own , don't hold it against me. I have stayed out of the arguments here and while online.

I'll gladly accept friend requests and drive on shooting things.MADMADRA32

dudeeile wrote:
    Having played with some of those guys for a long time, I would have preferred to take it to PM first rather than just try to use it against someone. I am however not surprised.

What you really mean is I wanted to play choirboy on boards but be abusive off boards and not get called out for it.

Fyp.

What you really mean is I wanted to play choirboy on boards but be abusive off boards and not get called out for it.

Fyp.

Nah just giving ye more fuel is all :)

Still loads of positives on how to move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If people in the various clans don't like each other, it really shouldn't matter with regards to everyone else.

Over 200 or so people involved. Not everyone is gonna want to play with everyone. Decisions should reflect and respect the majority of both clans - most of whom don't know or care about the minority of people as sniping in this thread.

I've made my opinion on most of the stuff clear here and elsewhere. I'm just one voice.

Fkr what it's worth: I think communities should be available to everyone. The boards.ie community, as a whole, should be facilitated.

With that in mind: are there people in S.O that would come in to admin communities in the event of it being opened up (as I believe it should be). In my opinion it would be needed for various reasons

dudeeile wrote:
    No need man, I just would have looked at you as more of a friend than that and would therefore have been frank enough with you. Silly me.

This hasn't been true for a long time and you know it, since I made that first post about communities in fact.

My point getting away from the personal **** remains, if this is a boards clan why are people getting kicked from the boards community?

I am a noob
    Wondaboy
    Steve
    Rossi

They are all still on boards so why are the being kicked.

I stand by the point you want all the benefits of being boards official clan with none of the rules.

• Advertisement

riggerman wrote: »
    Hi ya lads, just a quick post here to say I'm enjoying the new discord posting and it seems to be working a charm. On a related note I noticed 2 of the clan have unfriended me for no reason. I'm friends with ye all and I know I have no bad blood with anyone. If it's because I'm friends with certain individuals who have opposite views to your own , don't hold it against me. I have stayed out of the arguments here and while online.

I'll gladly accept friend requests and drive on shooting things.MADMADRA32
    Fair play madra. Cheers for the feedback on discord. On friend stuff, I hope you (or anyone) doesn't become a casualty of all this stuff.

I see fault on both sides, but there are those on both sides that simply haven't been involved in the drama asoects and are just looking to play games with people they play games with.

If people want to unfriendly me over my part - go ahead. I've made my mistakes and I'll own the consequences of that.

Id hope madra isn't being punished for the 'sins' of the few.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DinoSteve

TBF there is been enough said in private messages tbh a bit of light on the situation can only help it.

This hasn't been true for a long time and you know it, since I made that first post about communities in fact.

My point getting away from the personal **** remains, if this is a boards clan why are people getting kicked from the boards community?

I am a noob
    Wondaboy
    Steve
    Rossi

They are all still on boards so why are the being kicked.

I stand by the point you want all the benefits of being boards official clan with none of the rules.

I agree that the boards community should be fir all. I think we have to facilitate boards.ie peeps playing together.

But do you not also think the clan should be able to have a Clan chat, that people access via being members? If your clan has some message or chat feature for organising stuff I'd not expect access to it. I'm not saying communities should be it and it's a genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm going to suggest something here lads as an outsider looking in but take it or leave it because this whole fiasco seems to be dragging on a long time.

Those involved in this nonsense should take a step back and have a look at everything. If admins are involved they should step down and give the reins over to people who haven't been involved at all.

If there are new people in charge/or innocent parties then maybe the clan can move forward and a lot of this mud slinging will stop.

But do you not also think the clan should be able to have a Clan chat, that people access via being members? If your clan has some message or chat feature for organising stuff I'd not expect access to it. I'm not saying communities should be it and it's a genuine question.

Of course yeah that's a fair point I'll concede I never considered that.

What's being lost a bit I think, is that for all the talk of make suggestions, there is no magic bullet and the likes of me wonda noob steve rossi and others left to set up something that ye did not want nor to be fair were able to do.

Nobody left boards.
    imagine if people started getting kicked for moving from clan 1 to clan 2 it's the exact same thing.

I appreciate that your at least listening that's something at the very least.

However I strongly believe that you can't claim to be a boards clan while kicking actual boards forum members that's madness.

Look at the people who have left its alot of the regulars from year 2 on and that's a real real pity it got this far.

And yeah I'm pissed off it got this far so that's showing through but it's because I cared in the first place that I even tried.

There's alot of good people left in both clans. I hope it doesn't continue in controversy.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm going to suggest something here lads as an outsider looking in but take it or leave it because this whole fiasco seems to be dragging on a long time.

Those involved in this nonsense should take a step back and have a look at everything. If admins are involved they should step down and give the reins over to people who haven't been involved at all.

If there are new people in charge/or innocent parties then maybe the clan can move forward and a lot of this mud slinging will stop.

If that's what the clan want, a fresh start, then I will step down. I personally think it wouldn't change things, but if it's called for I'm not going to fight my corner. I simply think it's not a solution. (and I'm not saying that to dismiss your suggestion - I'm taking in all feedback from everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If that's what the clan want, a fresh start, then I will step down. I personally think it wouldn't change things, but if it's called for I'm not going to fight my corner. I simply think it's not a solution. (and I'm not saying that to dismiss your suggestion - I'm taking in all feedback from everyone.

I don't know who's involved in what or who's responsible for what but there seems to be a lot of finger pointing going on.

If you take these people out of the picture (not out of the clan) then let fresh faces step up and you'd hope a lot of the mud slinging would stop because it's like a fresh start for everyone.

On a lighter note we made it to the trending page. Which is something I suppose..

long post.
    For me, the magic bullet has been the key issue since the start of all of this, starting with the change to communities.

We moved to communities to facilitate 200 in one place. It had its problems. The move had its problems that have been well talked about but it was 100% done with the best of intentions.

While people complained, a lot, about communities, i didn't see suggestions for what should replace it, just criticisms of it and the move in the first place.

And to reiterate, I am 100% on the side of communities being opened to everyone - precisely because we are all boards.ie members and we should 100% be respecting that commonality.

Boards PSN community is now open, 100% open to anyone on here, no kicking. If you want in, request access and it will be granted. I'm positive this is the case now and I won't be seen to be a liar this time tomorrow.

A few of the mods have left, as mods, to reduce the pool. I've stepped down myself, so can't accept access requests and (I don't think) send invites to it either. Those that have stayed have done so purely to accept access requests.If you can't find the community to request access
    - message Sniper_Samurai, Fieldog, SolvableKnave on here and I'm sure they will send you an invite. The community isn't 100% open (in terms of it being invite/request only) cause it should be for Boards.ie community and people who play with us - rather than just any randoms that happens upon it online -
    Anyone feel different, lets have the discussion. Any continuing issues, speak up and have the discussion.

Title is now Boards.ie Destiny Community.

Not sure if there are other aspects of communities to be chatted about on here - but if there are speak up and lets discuss them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

No point messaging me looking for an invite to the community. I am not a mod of it.

nocal wrote: »
    No point messaging me looking for an invite to the community. I am not a mod of it.

Oh yeah, sorry. Other names though should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Oh yeah, sorry. Other names though should be grand.

Might be slow getting back to you myself until tomorrow evening. I am currently in Wexford with a patchy internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If that's what the clan want, a fresh start, then I will step down. I personally think it wouldn't change things, but if it's called for I'm not going to fight my corner.
    I've stepped down myself, so can't accept access requests and (I don't think) send invites to it either..

Personally I wish you hadn't have. You were always the one engaging and listening to people and trying to help. I'd rather you run the show than some other of the higher ups who have been noticeably missing from this thread and the discussion going on..

The one who caused this problem in the first place by ignoring people and letting their ego's run amok with their "My way or the high way end of story" attitiude should be the ones to step down....not people like yourself trying to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

@Conovar

Hats off to you mate for coming on here and being the front man taking it on the chin, and at least engaging and trying to sort stuff out....kudos for that. Even if I dont agree with some of the stuff you have said or suggested I respect your opinion, if I didnt I would not have accepted you invites for raiding etc.

I still dont mind helping ANYONE raid or do nightfalls etc from any clan if stuck.

EDIT:

Was posting this just as Hokem was posting above but I echo his post.

Honestly, it's really time to just get the **** over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Dont know if that was directed at me or in general....either way, why dont you stop fanning the flames with aggressive PMs in the background to ex members getting their backs up! And then coming on here acting like the dalai lama.....

I posted on a thread about a raid sherpafest going wrong and YOU RAGE QUITTING (which I did not know at the time) on a fellow clan member (which is the height of disrespect) and you sent me a condescending pm telling me to stop spreading rumours and the like, and when you did not like the response you got un-friended me there and then like a baby throwing his dummy out of the pram.

You certainly had no problem using me for raids a good few times when it suited you, did you???

In the said words of the DALAI LAMA:-

THERE ARE ONLY 2 DAYS IN THE YEAR THAT NOTHING CANNOT BE CHANGED, ONE IS CALLED YESTERDAY AND THE OTHER IS CALLED TOMORROW.
    TODAY IS THE DAY TO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER AND MAKE THINGS RIGHT.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

dudeeile wrote: »

If I were you I'd stop digging. I've seen screenshots of the crap you have been abusing people with. If you had sent that nonsense to me, I'd have contacted a boards mod over it. You are lucky people just took it on the chin.

Kirby wrote: »
    If I were you I'd stop digging. I've seen screenshots of the crap you have been abusing people with. If you had sent that nonsense to me, I'd have contacted a boards mod over it. You are lucky people just took it on the chin.

Thats full of ****. I'd be happy to have it looked at, all of it and in context.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote:

Honestly hoping your stepping down.
    Your a poisonous individual.

Conovar I disagree with on a lot of things the last while but, I can agree to disagree with you but at least you had a discourse with us and I'm genuinely sad to be see you be the one to go. I hope to raid/pvp with you in the future if not I only wish you the best.

Advertisement