Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Clan clean up/migrations/management

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kirby wrote: »
    Oh is clan 1 full? Wasn't sure. Should I just join clan 2?

Yes, come to me, it's safe and warm over here.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Haha. Fair enough. Signed up on that link there and added you on PSN. Cheers man!

I mostly just played Destiny 1 with IRL mates but 2 of them are on holidays at the moment and will miss the launch of D2 so I'm making the plunge. :)

Yes, come to me, it's safe and warm over here.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

The warmth helps for when you are waiting around hours for him to be "Done in 10 minutes."

Clan 2 notifications todays are like...

l1ghtsab3r-partyparrot.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

THIS x1,000,000

If you have Community notifications disabled within your System -> Notifications settings it'll override whatever you have set as your preference within Communities and a lot of us probably disabled them in System settings as we're in that other LFG Community

Nope, this does not 'fix' the notification issue, I have both ticked and I still only get notified on replies and the random new responses after 10+ messages or whatever it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

dudeeile wrote: »
    Nope, this does not 'fix' the notification issue, I have both ticked and I still only get notified on replies and the random new responses after 10+ messages or whatever it is.

I never get community notifications on my one but just went into my PS Messages app and saw I had them disabled there, have a look and see is yours the same...

Will see then if it makes a difference

Fieldog wrote: »
    I never get community notifications on my one but just went into my PS Messages app and saw I had them disabled there, have a look and see is yours the same...

Will see then if it makes a difference

Talking about PS Communities on the PS, I don't get notifications on my phone and happy with that. Boxes have been ticked and checked and unticked and ticked again, same same.

Hmmmm, tbh I never actually had the general notifications "on" to notice if they were missing to be fair. So like if someone posts a general post, I never wanted those to notify me (comes from disabling the Message Notifications as they blocked the Radar in D1). But I do seem to get the notifications (on PSN and within the App) for when "Someone has replied to your post".

Honestly I've got the push notifications turned off my phone completely too so it doesn't give me any pop up etc, I have to actually navigate to the App. So my experience has been totally different as I am actively funnelling what I get sent to me. Whereas I appreciate for anyone who was used to getting a prompt for every message or who wants to read all the stuff, it's far more frustrating.

So if you're not getting a notification as soon as any post is made and you have it all set up correctly, I'll have to take ye're words for it tbh as thats stuff I avoid. I wonder if it's an Android centric issue as most people I spoke to who had this problem were using those :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hmmmm, tbh I never actually had the general notifications "on" to notice if they were missing to be fair. So like if someone posts a general post, I never wanted those to notify me (comes from disabling the Message Notifications as they blocked the Radar in D1). But I do seem to get the notifications (on PSN and within the App) for when "Someone has replied to your post".

Honestly I've got the push notifications turned off my phone completely too so it doesn't give me any pop up etc, I have to actually navigate to the App. So my experience has been totally different as I am actively funnelling what I get sent to me. Whereas I appreciate for anyone who was used to getting a prompt for every message or who wants to read all the stuff, it's far more frustrating.

So if you're not getting a notification as soon as any post is made and you have it all set up correctly, I'll have to take ye're words for it tbh as thats stuff I avoid. I wonder if it's an Android centric issue as most people I spoke to who had this problem were using those :/

Its not an Android centric problem Generic, you don't get notified on the console itself let alone from the phone app regardless of if it is a post to the wall or if it is a reply.

Its not an Android centric problem Generic, you don't get notified on the console itself let alone from the phone app regardless of if it is a post to the wall or if it is a reply.

I mean short of actually filming it happening, I don't know what to tell ye. Whenever someones replied to me on a Community, I'm getting a PSN notification straight away. :o

The Android comment was directly referencing what Dude said about the mobile App. I was talking about this with him a few weeks ago and we did chalk it down to different phone OS types as I had no issues on iOS and he wasn't getting anything on Android.

I reverted back to the current version of the PS Firmware. ~4.5 (or something) from the Beta for 5.0. Are ye all on Version 5.0?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,971 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If only discord had a PSN app :-D

I couldn't care less about the phone app, I just want the console to work as you would expect, like messages.

Using communities on console I get notified on direct replies but nothing for new posts, this is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I couldn't care less about the phone app, I just want the console to work as you would expect, like messages.

Using communities on console I get notified on direct replies but nothing for new posts, this is bad.
    This.

I end up leaving the tablet beside me and check the app every so often as it takes too long on the PS4.

Only get the odd notification as well and have all the needful boxes ticked.

Well thats been a miscommunication so. I wasn't sure which types of notifications we were talking about so and it seems the ones you want are the ones I am actually disabling :o

Well thats been a miscommunication so. I wasn't sure which types of notifications we were talking about so and it seems the ones you want are the ones I am actually disabling :o

I'm getting them on console alright, not on my app though, will run a few tests later and see who can see what...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

^this times 1000

I can only guess how annoying managing the messages group was, however i remember getting instant notifications of people doing strikes, crucibles exotic chests, nightfalls etc on chat and jumping in with people I didn`t play much with.

communities doesn't deliver whats it is supposed to and the only real benefit is having everyone in the one place....is that not what boards is for???

so why not just say have no notification on console at all and everything happen on boards website, shure you can get a notification on your phone when someone posts on boards, why would you need it on the console.

A new game is out im over 290 light already and i have still to do nf this week and raid yet, but ive yet to help any low light clan guys yet... there were loads of people posting for things when taken king came out, I just dont see that now.

clan just seems less open than it used to. there was never even a post thrown on boards to discuss the change just told this is it get on board, surely a change this big should have been floated on actual boards first. I'm sure others would have been happy to have had a input on the discussion.

I have left community and won't be going back without notifications its a dealbreaker, I know others who have told me the same but its not my place to name them here so I wont, so there was destiny clan website that has instant notifications, started to get traction and then was closed today again without the slighest hint of discussion, a bit infuriating really.

so as i was tight on time and no way to guarantee people even seen the post,
    i ended up having to go lfg to complete a exotic quest. the 2nd week the game comes out in a clan thats so big we cant have a message chat i end up using lfg .... yep congrats lads working as intended alright.

to the ineviteble reply of use communities, I stand by my point that you might as well use boards in terms of a timely reply.

right thats my 2c on the matter and the last i'm talking about it, its just something i feel i needed to throw out there place seems way way more clique driven than it ever was before.

*this is'nt a dig at anyone in particular by the way.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    ^this times 1000

I can only guess how annoying managing the messages group was, however i remember getting instant notifications of people doing strikes, crucibles exotic chests, nightfalls etc on chat and jumping in with people I didn`t play much with.

communities doesn't deliver whats it is supposed to and the only real benefit is having everyone in the one place....is that not what boards is for???

so why not just say have no notification on console at all and everything happen on boards website, shure you can get a notification on your phone when someone posts on boards, why would you need it on the console.

A new game is out im over 290 light already and i have still to do nf this week and raid yet, but ive yet to help any low light clan guys yet... there were loads of people posting for things when taken king came out, I just dont see that now.

clan just seems less open than it used to. there was never even a post thrown on boards to discuss the change just told this is it get on board, surely a change this big should have been floated on actual boards first. I'm sure others would have been happy to have had a input on the discussion.

I have left community and won't be going back without notifications its a dealbreaker, I know others who have told me the same but its not my place to name them here so I wont, so there was destiny clan website that has instant notifications, started to get traction and then was closed today again without the slighest hint of discussion, a bit infuriating really.

i ended up having to go lfg to complete a exotic quest. the 2nd week the game comes out in a clan thats so big we cant have a message chat i end up using lfg .... yep congrats lads working as intended alright.

to the ineviteble reply of use communities, I stand by my point that you might as well use boards in terms of a timely reply.

right thats my 2c on the matter and the last i'm talking about it, its just something i feel i needed to throw out there place seems way way more clique driven than it ever was before.

*this is'nt a dig at anyone in particular by the way.

Up to you what you want to do man but the way it is is there nearly 200 people now, we can't have 2 groups of 100 people in PS messages, this would be fine if there wasn't a cap of 100 people on messages (that's a PSN thing) and there could even be more to join down the line, we might have to reopen the third clan again..

Yes we want people playing with low light level people and new people they don't normally get to play with, that's the whole idea from the start...

It's not our fault the restrictions of PSN, I'm open to trying other things possibly discord but I don't think there is any other way, but if you have any suggestions of what you would do we would love to hear them....

What would you use, I don't think using Boards itself is ideal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I'm with JCD on this one I have to say, since the game came out I haven't seen anyone really help anyone else, the only people ive played with are guys who I would have regularly played with before (Rossi, Wonda and TrueBlue)

I've already relayed my concerns to Generic though so I'm not going to go on about it.

Any1 needs help with anything in the game and they see me on feel free to send me a PM or just jump straight into my party, even if your soloing and want a bit of criac jump in I'm always up for the chats while messing about.

PSN Name: ImANoob08

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I'm with JCD on this one I have to say, since the game came out I haven't seen anyone really help anyone else, the only people ive played with are guys who I would have regularly played with before (Rossi, Wonda and TrueBlue)

I've already relayed my concerns to Generic though so I'm not going to go on about it.

Any1 needs help with anything in the game and they see me on feel free to send me a PM or just jump straight into my party, even if your soloing and want a bit of criac jump in I'm always up for the chats while messing about.

PSN Name: ImANoob08

What do you suggest then for a group of over 200 people where they can chat and set up LFG type stuff that is preferably on the console you are playing on?

I'm all ears, as if we got a solution to this, great, we don't at the moment, so we need to go with what we have, that's the boat we are in!

I know communities isn't great, I never said it was, but we genuinely have no other option for now, and we can't go back to trying to juggle around 200 people into PS messages

What do you suggest then for a group of over 200 people where they can chat and set up LFG type stuff that is preferably on the console you are playing on?

And thats it right there.

Messages worked better when we had a group of 100 people, but excluded people beyond that limit.

The clan chat (i assume) gives in game notifications but limits it to the clan, so is no better than PSN messages.

Communities allows everyone to chat - but requires people to actively look at it it.

I floated the idea of a Discord set up before - phone app, notifications, no user limit, could set up different channels for different things. But - and its two massive negatives for it, and the reason we didn't go for it - no native PS app (so no in game notifications) and would require people to download a new app to their phone (which I reckon would end up getting very messy) or use on a separate computer/laptop/tablet.

We need a solution that allows all members of each clan to talk to each other. Communities does this. Messages and Clan chat do not. Any solution that doesn't cater to this requirement just is not a solution. Its that simple.

I've loooonnng and loudly made my own issues with communities known - but it is a better solution right now than Messages or Clan chat are (the only other options that are realistically available). Its one draw back, as it stands, is the in game notifications are wonky. So just look at it periodically to see if there is anything new. Thats the solution to the only real problem anyone has with it and I don't see that as being an unworkable workaround.

• Advertisement

jcd5971 wrote: »

So, after all the negatives - what is your suggested solution? What would you do to solve this apparently deal braking issue of notifications being broken?

Believe me lads and lassies, I just want something that works for all, and unfortunately I don't think Boards app or boards notifications is the solution either, we have all been chatting about all of this in the background to see what we could do and this is literally all we can do for now...

The days of Generic/other admins having to friend literally over 200 people so they can add them into the chat so we can all see the notifications are gone, if we were under 100 people that would be fine, but we aren't...

If you feel leaving the community page and Clan is what you want to do then it's fine, you are welcome to do so...

I'm hoping when we ALL get Firmware 5.0 things may improve regarding functionality of communities...

I actually had to downgrade my firmware yesterday in order to even have a game of Destiny 2

actually - can a mod move these communities discussion posts to a new thread. It isn't general destiny talk, and I'm gonna guess the xbox lads have zero interest in hearing about our problems trying to get the clans talking to each other.

actually - can a mod move these communities discussion posts to a new thread. It isn't general destiny talk, and I'm gonna guess the xbox lads have zero interest in hearing about our problems trying to get the clans talking to each other.

Good idea actually, sorry Xbox lads, this is PS nonsense... :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,124 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Good idea actually, sorry Xbox lads, this is PS nonsense... :)

Hah I was actually in the middle of doing it when Mitch suggested it :D

All Clan Members Native PS App In Game notifications Mobile Notifications
    PSN Messages No. Yes Yes Yes
    Communities Yes Yes Not working Not working
    Boards Yes No No. Maybe?
    Discord Yes No No Yes

Thats the state of play as far as I see it - anyone have any suggestions on what we can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We have a WhatsApp for the Xbox side. Theres 32 in it so far with 70 in the clan. We stuck a link to the WhatsApp on the clan page and put an expiry on the link. If anyone wants to join now they just need to PM one of the Admins on Boards or Bungie.

So far it's working well and there's a bit of craic going. Maybe you'd could try it? Only add those who actually want to be added like we did.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,124 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If people aren't comfortable sharing phone numbers then Discord looks like the most practical solution outside of watsapp to me.

It's very handy and you can set up as many servers as you like (crucible, raid, patrol,whatever) and people can join whichever they want. Generate a permanent invite link and I'll edit it into the OP of this and the other clan thread.

Just my two cents, obviously doesn't solve the issue of no notifications on the console.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm all ears, as if we got a solution to this, great, we don't at the moment, so we need to go with what we have, that's the boat we are in!

I know communities isn't great, I never said it was, but we genuinely have no other option for now, and we can't go back to trying to juggle around 200 people into PS messages

Well TBH fielddog, I havent seen much of it but isnt there a clan chat thing through the bungie/destiny app now? Altho I just checked it and cant find it anymore :confused:

To me that was thriving because I was getting plenty of notifications from it so maybe use that in conjunction with community but as it stands right now the community is actually useless. I havent gamed with any of the usual lads I would jump on with etc and thats solely down to the chat been shut down. I also think JCD does have a valid point that all things to do with the boards destiny clan should be discussed openly on boards first and foremost and not just hidden away in the background and users just told hey do this as this is what we have decided you do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Believe me lads and lassies, I just want something that works for all, and unfortunately I don't think Boards app or boards notifications is the solution either, we have all been chatting about all of this in the background to see what we could do and this is literally all we can do for now...

The days of Generic/other admins having to friend literally over 200 people so they can add them into the chat so we can all see the notifications are gone, if we were under 100 people that would be fine, but we aren't...

If you feel leaving the community page and Clan is what you want to do then it's fine, you are welcome to do so...

I'm hoping when we ALL get Firmware 5.0 things may improve regarding functionality of communities...

I actually had to downgrade my firmware yesterday in order to even have a game of Destiny 2

Sorry FD but who exactly have made these decisions and had these discussions in the background??

Fair enough that you dont think its the solution but the right thing to do is to open a discussion with the community which never occured, things were done in the background and people were told to migrate or whatever, nobody was given a choice so that throws the "community" element out the window and puts it more in the ould dictatorship bracket.

Advertisement