Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm liking the new drop system and especially the set rolls on weapons, seems a fairer system but then again I think rng has been on my side since launch.

However, I'm not liking that Coldheart in Crucible, way op especially a group of them, this could not have passed testing without being noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Got a legendary and exotic engram out of one of them last night.

Same as that - got legendary and exotic out of one of them for both weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

PetKing wrote: »
    Can you get anything good from Cayde's stashes? I've only seen blues and jokey stuff.

Got an ascendant artichoke from one last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    I'm liking the new drop system and especially the set rolls on weapons, seems a fairer system but then again I think rng has been on my side since launch.

They also seem to have effortlessly removed ammo crates from the equation which is most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol, Shaxx

"What? What? How?!!"

Because swords let you see around corners, that's how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hate when you get one of those sword fiends in a game, but sure it has to be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Should I collect rewards from Ikora for doing challenges now or wait till I hit 260 power level? Do you get rewards every week?

Same question for Cayde's treasure chests. I haven't done one yet as I read you should leave them till you are level 260. Are they one time things or do they reset each week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Should I collect rewards from Ikora for doing challenges now or wait till I hit 260 power level? Do you get rewards every week?

Same question for Cayde's treasure chests. I haven't done one yet as I read you should leave them till you are level 260. Are they one time things or do they reset each week?

Caydes reset every week, challenges are a weekly aswell so wait until your higher before collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We have 2 for the nightfall if anybody wants to make a third.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Streaming the new Raid blind for anyone interested

https://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Advertisement

Shoutouts to the raid crew from tonight. We managed to beat the bathing pools after many, many tries. We gave up on The Pleasure gardens as we were pretty tired but think we have figured it out. Had fun lads, cheers.

Also, I think I've figured out where that secret lever room opened up. Its at the pipes at the bottom of the pyramid. Also, there are apparently chests down there that we can open now we have the Aqueduct key. More stuff to explore tomorrow. :)

Kirby wrote: »
    where that secret lever room opened up.
    We are going to need a cartographer in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is the crucible still the fastest way to power level alts? I know you can't transfer armor or weapons between classes now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is the crucible still the fastest way to power level alts? I know you can't transfer armor or weapons between classes now.

You can still transfer weapons.

Use the xp buff tokens Tess Everis has (you got one for completing the campaign) and play story/patrols/public events. I don't think crucible will level you up quicker than doing that (would be less tedious though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

you can transfer weapons I thought?

crucible looks like a good option.

public events might be worth a look as well as rep coins up until the cap?

assuming your talking about light level and not normal 1-20 levels?

Got an exotic from the Crucible last night. I've played about 30 games and never got a legendary.

Just so happened to be when I played a blinder, does it work like that? The better you do the better your chances of a better engram?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Grayditch wrote: »
    Got an exotic from the Crucible last night. I've played about 30 games and never got a legendary.

Just so happened to be when I played a blinder, does it work like that? The better you do the better your chances of a better engram?

I'm pretty sure your performance is not taken into account. Just pure random luck.

I'm pretty sure your performance is not taken into account. Just pure random luck.

I figured as much. Just a coincidence it was the first time I came first on the winning team. A nice one though.

I had to tick notifications for communities on both the communities themselves and on system settings.

THIS x1,000,000

If you have Community notifications disabled within your System -> Notifications settings it'll override whatever you have set as your preference within Communities and a lot of us probably disabled them in System settings as we're in that other LFG Community
    So it would seem to be best to try and organise clan stuff like raids through boards.

Btw when is the clan stuff being enable in-game? Somebody told me week 2 but I'm not sure.

You can also create an "Event" within Communities, and a Set time, Name etc and then people can register their interest.
    I think this will be the way forward once we have a bit more individual familiarity with Raid Mechanics etc.

I generally do most of my Raid 1st "Blind" runs with a handful of people I've done them with previously. Well that is of course they do some major d**khead stuff and essentially burn that bridge forever more :)
    No, the only way is rng from a bright engram before the end of the campaign

This was f**king stupid imho. Simple solution is to lock Sparrows behind lvl16 (like they did a whole pile of other stuff) and if you happen to get one from an Engram it says "required lvl16" like anything else. Was kinda annoying doing the Campaign with Conovar and he got a Sparrow far earlier than I did
    I hate when you get one of those sword fiends in a game, but sure it has to be dealt with.

This is me. I'm this a$$hole with the sword and I love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I got the "Fight Forever" emblem which basically shows your KD so now people can quickly identify how much of a scrub i am in crucible.

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    I got the "Fight Forever" emblem which basically shows your KD so now people can quickly identify how much of a scrub i am in crucible.

Same. Watching it go up and down each game is mildly satisfying/infuriating.

Also have one which tracks your overall PvP wins which is neat

Yeah i have the Crucible wins one but I kind of want the K/D/A one....because mine is rather high and i'm a show off. :D

Is it random drop? I have tons of emblems but not that one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah i have the Crucible wins one but I kind of want the K/D/A one....because mine is rather high and i'm a show off. :D

Is it random drop? I have tons of emblems but not that one.

Think I got it from handing in tokens to shaxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Heads up for anyone using the Beta Build for PS4 System Software
    PS4 system update 4.74 released earlier today, but it came with some accidental side-effects. Those that were in the PlayStation 4 5.00 beta are now impacted by several restrictions that are limiting what users can do, and they can’t revert back to the beta. This is causing some issues and, Sony are recommending that players refrain from updating to 4.74 if they want to avoid limitations.

Games that were downloaded while using the 5.00 Beta may not start properly after updating to 4.74. If this happens, delete the game, and then download it again

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/09/14/ps4-system-update-4-74-features-5-00-beta-limitations-sony-warns-not-update/

Shaxx is sound. I know he's a fictitious video game character, but... he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That Pyramidion strike is absolutely gorgeous.
    Gonna be a horror show for the nightfall though I reckon.

Got a 269 version of this bad boy tonight. Sweet Business. It's a lot of fun to use. An autorifle that's a mini gun.
    tumblr_oq7z5zrH6H1uday91o2_540.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Got a 269 version of this bad boy tonight. Sweet Business. It's a lot of fun to use. An autorifle that's a mini gun.
    tumblr_oq7z5zrH6H1uday91o2_540.png

When I preview an exotic engram it says that gun's in my collection but it's not. It was a beta exotic so not sure what the story is. Merciless is glued to my exotic slot at the moment though so until they release something like Thorn MK II or nerf (which they will) merciless that's the way it is.

Moved a bunch of posts regarding ps4 UI/clan practicalities to here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057759911

• Advertisement

Xur? Where dat boi? Where him is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement