Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone you think is really sound

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Tom Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

branie2 wrote: »
    The late Sir Roger Moore

I know a huge Roger Moore fan who went to a Q&A type thing with Moore and he said he was a right c**t at it

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Graham Linehan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Tomas Mulcahy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Joe brolly

Sarcasm, Sheldon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Jack Nicholson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Pat Spillane - a lot of people don't like him from the media, but a few of us were having a pint outside a pub in Killarney after a Munster Final a few years back, Pat was walking up the street on his own and one of the lads asked him what he thought of the match. He made a point of stopping and spent a minute chatting about it, before being on his way.

I just thought it was sound, if he had replied with a fairly short answer and just kept going, nobody would have thought twice about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Shane Coleman on Newstalk Breakfast is a sound chap. I met him at a Bohs Dundalk match and he was a real gent.

Pauline McLynn, and I've met her; she's really nice. I got her autograph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

TresGats wrote: »
    Graham Linehan

Really? Judging by his twitter page he's a complete nutjob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

branie2 wrote: »
    Pauline McLynn, and I've met her; she's really nice. I got her autograph

She scuttled by me in a laneway in Kilkenny years ago, at the comedy festival. I did meet Graham Linehan, one xmas eve in Marks & Spencer, he is a legend. It made my Sons xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭KaiserLu

Will Smith

Gerry Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Nigel Farrage.

Don't get me wrong, he's full of crap, and of his own sense of importance and Brexit is a load of bollox and he probably can't believe the Brits went and actually did it but I'd say he'd be a bit of craic down the pub. Where I believe he spends a lot of time.

Most fun people are full of ****. But I can't help liking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

I'd say Jim Corr would be a sound lad to take out for a few pints. Completely bonkers but in a good way.

When he wasn't raving about conspiracy theories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

That's exactly why I'd like to take him out for a pint :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Enda Kenny.

Sound as a pound by all accounts.

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg

Enda Kenny.

Sound as a pound by all accounts.

I've met him, and he actually is nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Prince Philip.

I'd say he'd be a savage drinking buddy

Our President Michael D. Higgins

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Paul McGrath. Lives in Wexford and spends an awful lot of time attending local fundraising events and raising money for charities. Gentleman to speak to

Met him in a hotel a few years ago, absolute gent! Had no problem hopping in a few pictures and just seemed an all-round sound, humble guy.

For me personally I'd love to go for a few pints with Dave Grohl, love some of the stories of him just being sound particularly the one about a group of miners involved in a cave in. During the rescue attempts they requested MP3 players with Foo Fighter songs to help them through. Not sure of the legitimacy of the story but I like to think it's true, this is taking from Wikipedia:
    When Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters heard of the miners' request to have the band's music sent down on MP3 players, he issued a personal message via fax to them indicating he would meet them for a beer. Grohl's note read, in part, "Though I'm halfway around the world right now, my heart is with you both, and I want you to know that when you come home, there's two tickets to any Foos show, anywhere, and two cold beers waiting for you. Deal?" In October 2006, one of the miners took up his offer, joining Grohl for a drink after the Foo Fighters acoustic concert at the Sydney Opera House. Since then, Foo Fighters have written an instrumental tribute song called "Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners" appearing on the album Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace.

Jennifer Jones, who played Bernadette of Lourdes in The Song of Bernadette

Sean Connery

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭mickwat155

People that only upload one picture on donedeal they're really sound 😒

Bill Clinton

Dan Brown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Funny how?

Amelia clarke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

David Attenborough.

Or Michael Palin, especially when he meets the Dalai Lama and finds out he loves Monty Python.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement