Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone you think is really sound

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad seems like sound guy. I've read and seen videos of him greeting fans at his own front gate. Signs autographs for them, takes pictures with them and chats with them. Most celebrities would probably blow their fans off, especially if they're waiting outside their front gate but Aaron is not like that. A very nice guy by all accounts.

Tom Hanks also seems down to earth and has a good sense of humor.

I'd say Dolly Parton is sound out. Always seems very sweet and humble and has done loads for charity in her time.

Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman, the two hosts of Pointless, also seem like they'd be sound out and good craic on a night out.

Rachel Riley always comes across as very sound and down-to-earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Mr Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Matt Damon

The Two Ronnies - Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett

• Advertisement

Cillian Murphy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

I met Roy Keane at a Guide Dog event and he is a completely lovely man. Anyone who goes misty eyed over a labrador puppy is okay in my book.

Michael Crawford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

branie2 wrote: »
    Michael Crawford

Frank Spencer? Ooh no, ((shudders)) I find something really creepy about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I get the impression that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a sound skin and I'd love to have a pint with him!

My brother was in a restaurant in JFK airport a couple of years ago and met him. Both were on their own and the brother ended up sitting in with him after they had finished eating. Wicked sound fella and apparently was just delighted to have a chat with someone over his lunch who wasn't interested in wrecking his head looking for autographs etc.

• Advertisement

James Stewart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Loon E. Tick

Ryan Tubridy. I used to know him years ago and he's actually a decent guy. I think he gets a lot of flack that's not justified. There's much worse out there than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Tom Kerridge.

Nicole Kidman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

Adam Levine from Maroon 5 seems a good stick.

When a Voice contestant was murdered he paid for her funeral.

Plus I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating hob knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Louis Theroux

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Floyd Mayweather

Aidan Quinn

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ryan Tubridy. I used to know him years ago and he's actually a decent guy. I think he gets a lot of flack that's not justified. There's much worse out there than him.

I'll second this.

Almost 20 years ago Tubs and his former wife lived beside an elderly relative of mine, and although she was very independent and full of life and always had family dropping in, Tubs and the wife were superb neighbours to her, sociable but never interfering and always offered to get shopping or give her a lift during bad weather or other chores if her health was below par. He has his quirks, but dont we all, in my opinion hes a very decent man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Dickinson's real deal
    Ello bargain hunters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A lot of names of well known ****s being thrown around here, no doubt for the sake of trolling.

Soundness should only be judged by personal experience. Its the old adage 'never meet your heroes' (in case they are a douche)

I like to use the Omar Sharif scale, one of the acknowledged biggest douche-bags in the world of celebrity.

I would kinda mitigate the big drinking hellraisers like Reed, Burton, Harris and Coburn for bad behaviour because of the grog but on the Sharif Scale you should definitely find Sean Connery, Kevin Spacey, Matt Damon, Burt Reynolds, Steve McQueen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Leo Varadkar

at last we have a Taoiseach who is cool, sexy & sophisticated

Larbre34 wrote: »
    A lot of names of well known ****s being thrown around here, no doubt for the sake of trolling.

Soundness should only be judged by personal experience. Its the old adage 'never meet your heroes' (in case they are a douche)

I like to use the Omar Sharif scale, one of the acknowledged biggest douche-bags in the world of celebrity.

I would kinda mitigate the big drinking hellraisers like Reed, Burton, Harris and Coburn for bad behaviour because of the grog but on the Sharif Scale you should definitely find Sean Connery, Kevin Spacey, Matt Damon, Burt Reynolds, Steve McQueen etc.

Does mean you think they aren't sound if they are on a douche bag scale?

United States President John. F Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

fryup wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar

All image and no substance unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

fryup wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar

Yes, thank God. That's exactly the qualities I look for in a Taoiseach.

I'm being extremely sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

fxotoole wrote: »
    All image and no substance unfortunately.
    Worked for Trudeau. Not so successfully for Macron.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

For contrast Sinead O'Connor , mad as a brush. Imelda May , sound as a pound

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Actors from Fair City

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    Aidan Quinn

Met him in a pub, nice fellow, easy going.

Advertisement