Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin One Religious Colonisation

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Posts 1-15 are on page one.

My posts are 1, 6, 7, 13.

Post 7 mentions <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Posts 1-15 are on page one.

My posts are 1, 6, 7, 13.

Post 7 mentions <snip>

Your settings are different to mine and SFP ;)

40 posts per page here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Thanks, yeh I do ignore it mostly. I just thought on Saturday it was excessive and warranted a thread if anyone else found it excessive.

They don't lol It's grand.

To be fair, at least the overzealous street preachers are occasionally amusing - the overabundance of chuggers in that area on the other hand... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I said <snip> once. Now would that mean you have an agenda or just can't count?

It means that I am on the mobile touch site and may have different post per page settings than others.

For my previous post to make sense, I needed to apply a degree of lattitude to account for other peoples page and post settings.

Thats what it means.

The only agenda I have is to call out people who are blind to their misgivings and refuse to be true to themselves.

As Jesus himself said once in the Scripture of Barry in 3:18- "Go forth and weed that garden of lies with the hoe of truth, fear not the ignoramus, for their day of judgement will come".

I find the 'chuggers' annoying but they seem spread out, either end of the given street.

• Advertisement

I find the 'chuggers' annoying but they seem spread out, either end of the given street.

Now we are talking sense. Those lads are bastards!

So, have you a thing against charity now too? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Just catching up here, so sorry if I missed the answer.

If being gay is a gift, who is that gift from?

Ps, no smart remarks about giving/receiving please...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,285 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You have been using boards as a soapbox to project hate for organised religion. Its an anti religion thread....ergo...agenda.

Nothing wrong with being anti-religion.

And it's plain as day that if these annoying fuckers were promoting a political party or commercial product in such an annoying manner, they'd be moved on. Because it's religion, they get a free pass.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

And it's plain as day that if these annoying fuckers were promoting a political party or commercial product in such an annoying manner, they'd be moved on. Because it's religion, they get a free pass.

I agree.

I was pointing out that the thread was indeed anti-religion and not simply about if people think the number of religious preachers in that area of the city was excessive...

...which is what the OP wrongly proclaimed.

I personally have no time for religion so am not defending them, merely pointing out the OP's inconsistencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

You serious, pal? Every left wing party and their dog have been hanging around the GPO for years handing out badly produced leaflets, and roaring through megaphones about revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I'm different, the world should adjust to my every need and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm only answering to be polite I don't want this to become a thread about acceptance of LGBTQ+

Sexuality isn't a choice no more than skin colour. It is frowned upon to support the KKK, why is religion that opposes LGBTQ+ sexuality allowed?

Religion isn't freedom, and while the rebels were God fearing, I was using the example as symbolic of the Irish fight for freedom, freedom from outside interference.

Street Preaching is imported.

You're not a very smart chap really, are you.

As someone who knows a lot of street preachers, your intolerant attitude isnt surprising. Your hatred and bigotry towards those that are different from you is disappointing, its a pity you cant adopt a live and let live attitude. Just because people are different, does it make them less human?

Perhaps opening your eyes to diversity and alternative lifestyles would be a good place to start in treating your intolerance.

To clarify the thread is about the number of religious preachers on the streets of Dublin, particularly a short stretch of one particular street.

I have said people are free to believe in what they want, I do however have an issue with organised religion, the lack of accountability, the respect they are given as a collective and the tax exemptions.

Is that clear enough for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Also, as a gay man I have to listen to a berating once a year for the pride celebration and commemoration but the Holy Mary's can take over town any day they want.

They don't take over the town. They are the odd deluded soul shouting from a soap box. Not quite the same as pride, and they shouldn't be compared.

:rolleyes:
    Effects wrote: »
    They don't take over the town. They are the odd deluded soul shouting from a soap box. Not quite the same as pride, and they shouldn't be compared.

I have stated numerous times that as well as the preachers and those giving out leaflets there was a choir/dance troupe blocking the main entrance of Arnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

To clarify the thread is about the number of religious preachers on the streets of Dublin, particularly a short stretch of one particular street.

What is an acceptable number of preachers? 3, 7, 9?
    I have said people are free to believe in what they want, I do however have an issue with organised religion, the lack of accountability, the respect they are given as a collective and the tax exemptions.

Is that clear enough for everyone?

Wha? Each group, broadly speaking is only respected by its own members.

At least your honest that you are against organised religion, explains your bias.

I'd take a rambling Preacher over the far left nutters any day. Both have the right to spew their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I have stated numerous times that as well as the preachers and those giving out leaflets there was a choir/dance troupe blocking the main entrance of Arnotts.

IF this was true I assume Arnotts would have had them moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If they were blocking the main entrance i'm sure that Arnotts staff would ask them to move.

Maybe Arnotts did move them along, I was only there for a short period of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Maybe Arnotts did move them along, I was only there for a short period of time.

what exactly is the issue then? did they impede your progress?

what exactly is the issue then? did they impede your progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The OP has posted in Help Desk asking that this thread be closed... while keeping it going himself!

The OP has posted in Help Desk asking that this thread be closed... while keeping it going himself!

I'm responding to people. That's called manners.

Yes I'd like the thread closed it's become about me and not the topic, I didn't think we were allowed to ask on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angiogoir

Northsiders have to put up with a lot. Of course, it appears they can't be arsed to object to the council. Until locals do, this sort of thing will continue.

I'm responding to people. That's called manners.

Yes I'd like the thread closed it's become about me and not the topic, I didn't think we were allowed to ask on the thread.

If you report your opening post it might flag it to the modulators

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

If you report your opening post it might flag it to the modulators

Haha. Like an odd version of Inception. "I'm reporting my own post because the replies show me to be a bit of a dick".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Dud you buy anything nice in town , OP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Being gay is a gift, why would anyone avoid it?

This thread is a gift, why would anyone close it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP's soapbox is on fire! :)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement