Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 1 "Dragonstone" - "Non book readers"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Seriously lads.. build a bridge and get over the Ed Sheeran cameo already! he said about 5 words and they all sang for about a minute! He's no better or worse than any other extra in the show!

Extras are supposed to blend into the show and make it seem natural.

Ed is arguably the most famous person in pop in the world atm and him being in that scene was all wrong.

It would be like seeing Brad Pitt make a cameo on Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

I think the part where he pulled off his armour to reveal his trademark stripy jumper and he started to sing 'Galway Girl' was the worst. Seriously, there's no Grafton Street in Westeros!

Westeros? Worsteros more like!!!!

could have done it with more style, like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWScLDoLe8
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Syphonax wrote: »
    Really, i may have missed that episode but so long as they are rubber masks then my point still stands!
    And yet again, you fall back on the "I mustn't have been paying attention" excuse. :D

But the rubber fetish is... interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

damienirel wrote: »
    could have done it with more style, like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JWScLDoLe8
    :D

That's impressive witch prosthetic make up on the two women.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

And yet again, you fall back on the "I mustn't have been paying attention" excuse. :D

But the rubber fetish is... interesting.

Its not an excuse when Im complaining about her actual transformation at the time of killing of Frey and his compatriots. her transformation (or lack of) both before and after the killings. There is none before be cause she is already in the guise of Frey and then after she just pulls of tha rubber!! it didnt do it for me and even seeing the episode you speak of Id still be concerned with the lack of her transfprmation, if she had of morphed into Frey then yeah, happy days, but she just whipped if off, tha rubber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Please stop talking about rubber masks, it's boring and petty now

I will if you will

BetsyEllen wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's actually Ed Sheeran's face and not a mask…

You want to get back onto Ed?

I'm pretty sure that's actually Ed Sheeran's face and not a mask…

I wish they had put a mask on him

• Advertisement

I wish they had put a mask on him

Please stop talking about Ed, it's boring and petty now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Really, i may have missed that episode but so long as they are rubber masks then my point still stands!

Wow, this is going on a long time.
    Kirby wrote: »
    It's not rubber, it's his actual face.
    Im still unimpressed, its clearly a mask, rubber or not, where did she get it....

Um, maybe from Freys head?

So let's recap.
    1. She gets a face for the serving girl. We don't know from where, that's unimportant (keep going, as it will all make sense).
    2. She kills Frey.
    3. She takes Freys face.
    4. She uses a combination of Freys face (a la Silence of the Lams) and whatever magic she learned to appear as Frey.
    5. She took Freys face off.
    6. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

paulbok wrote: »
    And was there not 3 Giants marching in the dead army? Surely that would suggest there were other Giants?

In that piece there were 3 giants marching.

Puts a whole new spin to the phrase 'She wore the face off him'

molloyjh wrote: »
    Wow, this is going on a long time.

Um, maybe from Freys head?

So let's recap.
    1. She gets a face for the serving girl. We don't know from where, that's unimportant (keep going, as it will all make sense).
    2. She kills Frey.
    3. She takes Freys face.
    4. She uses a combination of Freys face (a la Silence of the Lams) and whatever magic she learned to appear as Frey.
    5. She took Freys face off.
    6. The end.

Look, if she did ala Silence of the Lambs that would have been fookin deadly and we wouldnt having this conversaton, it should have been that or FACEOFF but no nothing nada

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I could watch The Hound all day.
    He was on fire (no pun intended) in this episode with his witty one-liners.

Loved his dig at the hipster look, "you're fooling nobody with that topknot".

"Bald cnut":pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

The eye he was shot in was blue; it's obvious that people are going to think it's him.

The zoom on the giants eye in this episode was not to suggest it was Wun Wun but to show you that Bran had warged into the giant to keep tabs on the Night King - the very next scene is a cut to Bran emerging from the warg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The zoom on the giants eye in this episode was not to suggest it was Wun Wun but to show you that Bran had warged into the giant to keep tabs on the Night King - the very next scene is a cut to Bran emerging from the warg

Can Bran warg into dead beings?

Look, if she did ala Silence of the Lambs that would have been fookin deadly and we wouldnt having this conversaton, it should have been that or FACEOFF but no nothing nada
    That's what she did.

We have known about this for at least two seasons now.

Don't you remember this place?

the-hall-of-faces-is-an-equal-parts-awesome-and-horrific-venue-where-the-faceless-men-store-the-skinned-faces-of-the-dead.jpg

Where did they get their faces? Was that ever explained? I mean, dude is still alive... I think ...

• Advertisement

Where did they get their faces? Was that ever explained? I mean, dude is still alive... I think ...

What dude is still alive?

People came to the house of black and white to die. They drank poison basically and the other side of the transaction was they got added to the hall of faces.

Also I presume some of their targets were added.

What dude is still alive?

Oh. I don't know anymore.

Being annoyed by Ed Sheeran is what got me confused.

:pac:

Got faceless man mixed up with Frey.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Loved Euron's line to Cersei with Jaime standing beside her "I always wanted to grow up and marry the most beautiful woman in the world, so here i am with a thousand ships and two good hands" :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's something and nothing, the scene was showing how the soldiers don't give a fúck about the war really, and that Arya is still seen a a harmless wench.

He delivered his lines, he sang a song.

People who are outraged by this really have little to be worried about.
    It was a continuation of the theme that the sins of the fathers/leaders need not be visited on the sons/soldiers and a reminder that Arya retains her humanity and identity much like Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It's something and nothing, the scene was showing how the soldiers don't give a fúck about the war really, and that Arya is still seen a a harmless wench.

He delivered his lines, he sang a song.

People who are outraged by this really have little to be worried about.
    It was a continuation of the theme that the sins of the fathers/leaders need not be visited on the sons/soldiers and a reminder that Arya retains her humanity and identity much like Jon.

Is it that she retains her humanity or a timely reminder to her that she needs to? She seemed surprised at the attitude of the soldiers, like it was a view into a world she hadn't considered. Not everyone associated with bad people are themselves bad people.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

rawn wrote: »
    Oooh look it's Prof Slughorn from Harry Potter, now I'll never believe him as Maester Marwyn...!

I never copped that! Well I'm certainly not believing him now as Marwyn! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭VonLuck

For those of you say "get over Ed Sheeran", "he's just another actor and only said a couple of words". The point is that he is a singer and he is known for being himself. Actors play characters, but when you see Ed Sheeran you just see Ed Sheeran.

If it was some sports stars first appearance in a TV show or movie I'd have the same reaction! Really takes you out of the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody care to speculate what the priceless gift that Euron speaks of?Tyrion's head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

VonLuck wrote: »
    For those of you say "get over Ed Sheeran", "he's just another actor and only said a couple of words". The point is that he is a singer and he is known for being himself. Actors play characters, but when you see Ed Sheeran you just see Ed Sheeran.

If it was some sports stars first appearance in a TV show or movie I'd have the same reaction! Really takes you out of the scene.

This exactly. If it was a scene with Sheeran in the background, singing a tune and the scene moving on, then that's fine - its been done before. Sheeren was front and centre here, his face clearly in focus while the scene went back and forward between Arya and the others.

For those young actors, they may never get another chance at appearing in such a high profile show. They wanted to 'live, breath, be' in every second of that scene. Sounds a bit corny but they probably only had that one scene and did what they could with it. Sheeran, on the other hand, had the look of a guy who wanted it to end very quickly and get out of there ASAP. The difference really between an actor and very much non actor.

God only knows what they'll have McGregor do or say!

Advertisement