Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 7 Episode 1 "Dragonstone" - "Non book readers"

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

murpho999 wrote: »
    I thought the Ed Sheeran thing was completely harmless.

Would have found it funny if he been killed for being annoying. A scene with The Hound would have been ideal for that.

Or if Arya had rode is as his friend Taylor Swift and after killing him pulled of the mask to reveal herself :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭golfball37

One thing that irked me about the episode. Why didn't Bran ask where Jon was when he arrived at the Wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,312 ✭✭✭✭Penn

golfball37 wrote: »
    One thing that irked me about the episode. Why didn't Bran ask where Jon was when he arrived at the Wall?

I think he knows where Jon is. Same way he knew Edd fought at Hardhome with Jon. He's having visions or able to see a lot more than what we've been shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

OMFG

*head explodes from needless drama*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Penn wrote: »
    I think he knows where Jon is. Same way he knew Edd fought at Hardhome with Jon. He's having visions or able to see a lot more than what we've been shown.
    I'm pretty sure this is it. Bran has been watching what's going on for months, through his time in the cave place - from there he could see everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:We have a bloody thread called "Speculation for Season 7 Non book readers" for a reason people...

Any more speculation in this thread once it's unlocked NOT RELATED TO THE EPISODE will lead to cards and potential bans as I got a feeling I'll not be in a very good mode once I finished cleaning up this thread...

*edit* I've just spent half an hour cleaning up an argument over Jon's birthrights; for those who wish to continue the argument read the Speculation thread; for those who don't please report it earlier to let us action it faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

mcgiggles wrote: »
    OMFG

*head explodes from needless drama*

Listen to some Ed Sheeran to relax yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Ooooooh touche!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

The Frey team or Castleblack on the hill.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I cringed a little at the part where they agreed to train girls to fight alongside the men. It just felt out of line with everything that's gone before. This reviewer sums it up well, "...Winterfell has been invaded by something more terrifying and insidious even than White Walkers: feminism."

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/game-of-thrones-should-have-at-least-arranged-for-ed-sheeran-to-be-stabbed/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I cringed a little at the part where they agreed to train girls to fight alongside the men. It just felt out of line with everything that's gone before. This reviewer sums it up well, "...Winterfell has been invaded by something more terrifying and insidious even than White Walkers: feminism."

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/game-of-thrones-should-have-at-least-arranged-for-ed-sheeran-to-be-stabbed/

The little Lady Mormont character is slightly annoying but there's been no dramatic change in the female character arcs to have them be suddenly 'woke' to appeal to milennials or whatever nonsense your man is coming out with.

He seems even more insufferable than Lady Mormont.

If anything the purpose of adding the girls into the mix is to illustrate just how desperate times are, that even the women will be required to fight.

Whoever wrote that article is looking for opportunities to be offended by feminism and dying to shoehorn political agendas into every discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

seamus wrote: »
    If anything the purpose of adding the girls into the mix is to illustrate just how desperate times are, that even the women will be required to fight.

Whoever wrote that article is looking for opportunities to be offended by feminism and dying to shoehorn political agendas into every discussion.
    Yeah. Especially since Jon was talking about the wildlings and how their women fight. It's not as though it was something that was thought up as a sop to political correctness.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I for one am shocked to the core that frostyjacks found such an article meaningful :D

Not to mention, the status of women in Westorosi society and the challenging of the norms has been a recurring theme right throughout the show from Arya wanting to learn swordcraft in the 1st season, through Brienne, the Wildlings etc

I for one am shocked to the core that frostyjacks found such an article meaningful :D

Not to mention, the status of women in Westorosi society and the challenging of the norms has been a recurring theme right throughout the show from Arya wanting to learn swordcraft in the 1st season, through Brienne, the Wildlings etc
    Hell, the episode right before that saw Sansa give up her rightful place as Queen in the North to a bastard, because she felt the other houses wouldn't follow her. If Sansa had been male, there would have been no question that she would be in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Hell, the episode right before that saw Sansa give up her rightful place as Queen in the North to a bastard, because she felt the other houses wouldn't follow her. If Sansa had been male, there would have been no question that she would be in charge.

Sansa has no greater right to the title than Jon.

The title was not hereditary- Ned was never King in the North. Robb won it through exploit during what was essentially a war of independence which was initially successful; he won the title through popular demand and carried it briefly.

It died with him when the war lost and with it independence. No independence means no Kingdom means no succession.

What Jon is now head of is a new, seperate independence movement. He, like Robb, has earned it through exploit rather than inheritance.

In theory, any Northern noble could be declared King though Starks naturally have the best Pedigree for the job being the North's most prominent noble family and owing to the fact the last KITNs before Robb were Starks.

Sansa has a greater right to Winterfell but that is a different thing altogether.

Given that Sansa hasn't achieved a fraction of what Jon has politically and militarily, Jon has the stronger claim to what is a declarative position won mostly on merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I cringed a little at the part where they agreed to train girls to fight alongside the men. It just felt out of line with everything that's gone before. This reviewer sums it up well, "...Winterfell has been invaded by something more terrifying and insidious even than White Walkers: feminism.

Disagree. Feminists only want the 'right' to enlist, they don't want to do any actual fighting.

Disagree. Feminists only want the 'right' to enlist, they don't want to do any actual fighting.
    That's wrong on so many different levels. But that's for another forum. ;)

But to put it in the frame of the episode just gone, Jon's clearly a feminist. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jesus Christ. Leave it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

“I'll tell you what doesn't scare me: Bald cocksuckers like you. You think you're fooling anyone with that 'top knot?' Bald ****.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

3.5 million viewers in the uk for the season opener. Insane numbers

rossie1977 wrote: »
    3.5 million viewers in the uk for the season opener. Insane numbers
    Some US hit shows don't get those numbers in the US. :eek:

Advertisement