Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 3) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Is it tonight or tomorrow that Conor will be the one that's late?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

markc91 wrote: »
    Time is tonight's sh1tshow on at?
    that u will watch..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't stay up if they are gonna be an hour and a half late tonight.

Have to say, I know nothing about Leonard, CEO of mayweather promotions, but I'm becoming a fan, he has done infectious smile and just looks so happy at the pressers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I can't stay up if they are gonna be an hour and a half late tonight.

Have to say, I know nothing about Leonard, CEO of mayweather promotions, but I'm becoming a fan, he has done infectious smile and just looks so happy at the pressers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭threeball

He seems to be getting the better of the verbal exchanges even if he is sailing a little close to the wind with some of his comments.

What I'd like to know is wtf did he think he was at chucking his own countrys flag on the ground. Mayweather showed more respect for the flag than McGregor did.
    I thought it showed an inability to control himself and hes definitely taking it all more personally that Floyd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I think he hears the sound of Sonic the hedgehog running through a shitload of rings every time Conor gets on the mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I've never followed John kavanagh on Twitter before . I've seen some tweets the last week or so though . Has he always come across that way ?

Just FYI the "dancing monkeys" thing isn't edited and there's worse to come because the segment is from Jimmy Kimmel which will air to a big audience...

Full segment below.

To be fair, I've no idea what he's referring to so I'll go watch Rocky 3 again and see what the craic is. I do know Conor has referred to himself as a monkey on at least 4 separate occasions (twice in the lead-up to the Aldo fight, twice after the UFC 200 debacle) but I also think he has a tendency to say things he thinks are harmless that others might not find harmless.

https://twitter.com/jimmykimmel/status/885525050950000640

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It's unbelievable the amount of people who see something like this and take it as gospel. It's a large part of what is wrong with the world today and why the media get away with making scandalous headlines with little to no proof.

Go and do your own research/investigation to decide if something like this is true or not before jumping in with both feet by commenting on it and showing yourself up. A simple 5 minute bit of work shows the real scene McGregor was talking about.

threeball wrote: »
    He seems to be getting the better of the verbal exchanges even if he is sailing a little close to the wind with some of his comments.

What I'd like to know is wtf did he think he was at chucking his own countrys flag on the ground. Mayweather showed more respect for the flag than McGregor did.
    I thought it showed an inability to control himself and hes definitely taking it all more personally that Floyd

Don't look at it as a flag, rather an item which Floyd was mocking him with, and then handed to him. He would have ****ed it back at him, no matter what it was.

There's been nowt of any substance said. That's why people are reaching for the racism angle.

This is fluff, just take it as so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

I've never followed John kavanagh on Twitter before . I've seen some tweets the last week or so though . Has he always come across that way ?
    just had a read of his twitter. he deffo does not seem to like May as much. don't he normally says much about opponents. he mentions "girls beat up" which is probs why he might more vocal on this opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Second one from Dana today......

Fucking epic.

threeball wrote: »

Floyd threw it at him (or in his direction) and missed.

Conor then did this:

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/885323982869639168

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Ask Wonder..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dana is getting the best vlog footage so far. Epic stuff.

I love the face to face and they're talking about betting the purse again. McGregor says "I'll bet it. I'm 28, I'll make it again. You're 40, you're never gonna make this money again"

Whelo79 wrote: »

I love the face to face and they're talking about betting the purse again. McGregor says "I'll bet it. I'm 28, I'll make it again. You're 40, you're never gonna make this money again"

Yeah, seeing Floyds gaffer come over, and hearing what he said was brilliant. They near wet themselves at the "**** the Mayweathers."

I'm a pleb when it comes to brands, Zuffa Boxing? Who's is that, is it new?

It's also an insight into how Conor is thinking.

A lot of people were suggesting he will head off into the sunset. I've maintained for a long time he's going to fight for another 5 years.

Anyone who thinks he fights *just for money* at this stage... well I don't know what to say. He fights because he loves to fight. He'd probably fight any of us for free outside Coppers at 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Lads, what time is the conference on tonight, and any one got a link for it? Thanks

It's also an insight into how Conor is thinking.

A lot of people were suggesting he will head off into the sunset. I've maintained for a long time he's going to fight for another 5 years.

Anyone who thinks he fights *just for money* at this stage... well I don't know what to say. He fights because he loves to fight. He'd probably fight any of us for free outside Coppers at 4am.

This has been my opinion all along!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Its like the HAKA during the half time show at the Superbowl with no on the field action ever occurring and peeps getting drunk everywhere

• Advertisement

zzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Highly unlikely but it would be amazing if Sinead O'Connor sang the foggy dew for the walk into the ring.
    That sent shivers through me the night of the Mendes fight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Can't wait for Roddy's also. They always have that fly on the wall quality that the others someone don't always manage to pull off.

Remember that one where BJM was talking to McGregor and stopped mid sentence when he seen roddy recording... thought he was going to flip out or something.

Highly unlikely but it would be amazing if Sinead O'Connor sang the foggy dew for the walk into the ring.
    That sint shivers through me the night of the Mendes fight

UGH Gross lad

Syphonax wrote: »
    UGH Gross lad

Why so? Better than some **** rapper

Yeah, seeing Floyds gaffer come over, and hearing what he said was brilliant. They near wet themselves at the "**** the Mayweathers."

I'm a pleb when it comes to brands, Zuffa Boxing? Who's is that, is it new?

It's a Reebok thing. They did a line of t-shirts recently "Zuffa Boxing". $24.95.

They're all sold-out and there's back-orders (a queue) for the next batch already.

(Obviously Zuffa is the parent company of the UFC that is now owned by WME)

Why so? Better than some **** rapper

Nah just wondering why ur getting a late night foggy dew hard on for Sinead O'Connor?

UGH

Syphonax wrote: »
    Nah just wondering why ur getting a late night foggy dew hard on for Sinead O'Connor?

UGH

Ah ye wouldn't ride her into battle but that voice...

It's a Reebok thing. They did a line of t-shirts recently "Zuffa Boxing". $24.95.

They're all sold-out and there's back-orders (a queue) for the next batch already.

(Obviously Zuffa is the parent company of the UFC that is now owned by WME)

Ta. Just wondered what connection to Dana it was.

Keeping Reebok and the gaffers happy, even when they're in the back seat on this ride.

• Advertisement

Ah ye wouldn't ride her into battle but that voice...

erm maybe her head first into battle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement