Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Model S

Options
  • 27-03-2017 11:22pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm test driving one on 6th April.
    Any specific questions :)

No, I'm not buying, it's part of the SEAI Sustainable Ireland Convention in the RDS :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

kceire wrote: »
    I'm test driving one on 6th April.
    Any specific questions :)

No, I'm not buying, it's part of the SEAI Sustainable Ireland Convention in the RDS :(

damm model s schedule is full , limited to BMW , pah:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Eh yeah. Pick me up and let me drive too, it'll be my birthday present :p

P100D?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BoatMad wrote: »
    damm model s schedule is full , limited to BMW , pah:rolleyes:
    They told me today that the Bmw slots are full and that I could drive a leaf if I wanted. I said no thanks. She came back with the tesla offer. Didn't even think it was going to be there. I booked my slot over a month ago, so they may be still showing as available on the site but in reality they are gone.
    unkel wrote: »
    Eh yeah. Pick me up and let me drive too, it'll be my birthday present :p

P100D?

Not sure what model yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

kceire wrote: »
    They told me today that the Bmw slots are full and that I could drive a leaf if I wanted. I said no thanks. She came back with the tesla offer. Didn't even think it was going to be there. I booked my slot over a month ago, so they may be still showing as available on the site but in reality they are gone.

Not sure what model yet.

some BMW slots available ,I have one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

When will the Dublin store open?

When/where will the superchargers be built?

Are there any plans for a store or service center in county Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Will they be importing CPOed Model S from the UK?

Haven't got an answer on that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I seen one of these with GB plates driving through Sandyford just now. Didn't cop what it was until i seen the Model S on the back. Looks really nice in red.

I seen one of these with GB plates driving through Sandyford just now. Didn't cop what it was until i seen the Model S on the back. Looks really nice in red.

Probably one of the demo cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Saw one on UK plates charging in Navan FCP on chademo yesterday. A leaf pulled in (i was in a friends ICE, queuing ironically for the ICE pumps) and the tesla moved on straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Sat in one of Tesla's yesterday (Tesla S, dunno which model) in Teranure Vintage car show. Have to say was not impressed by pretty much anything in the car.
    I sat down in drivers seat and straight away noticed that my head is almost touching the roof. Could not confirm if it would because sun roof was open full swing. Seats didn't impress me neither. Interior... well.. that screen is a joke to me... :)

Now... sitting in Model X was different experience. Seat was very comfy, the windscreen is something I can only call EPIC. So much real estate to look around (if you not driving) :D I would image replacing it would be a b*** Liked Model X more than S from just glancing at it...

Model S was owned by some ol'fella who didn't really even clean it for the show :) He was just enthusiast who brought the car for people to see, feel and fair play to him. He had all possible converters for his charge :-) I was a little shocked when he said it would take him 30hours to charge from Granny cable :]]]] (Btw, he didnt know the name - Granny cable)

Mope wrote: »
    Sat in one of Tesla's yesterday (Tesla S, dunno which model) in Teranure Vintage car show. Have to say was not impressed by pretty much anything in the car.
    I sat down in drivers seat and straight away noticed that my head is almost touching the roof. Could not confirm if it would because sun roof was open full swing. Seats didn't impress me neither. Interior... well.. that screen is a joke to me... :)

Now... sitting in Model X was different experience. Seat was very comfy, the windscreen is something I can only call EPIC. So much real estate to look around (if you not driving) :D I would image replacing it would be a b*** Liked Model X more than S from just glancing at it...

Model S was owned by some ol'fella who didn't really even clean it for the show :) He was just enthusiast who brought the car for people to see, feel and fair play to him. He had all possible converters for his charge :-) I was a little shocked when he said it would take him 30hours to charge from Granny cable :]]]] (Btw, he didnt know the name - Granny cable)

Probably an older model. The new seats are a lot better than the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Mope wrote: »
    Btw, he didnt know the name - Granny cable

Well he's got an American car, so may be more used to "portable EVSE". Tesla themselves call it a "Mobile Connector".

Interesting to see the first CPO model s for sale below £40k.
    Now it's an early 2014 model which means no AP, summon, etc.
    But apart from that it's a fully specced model S85 with dual chargers and free supercharging, for under £40k.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H16EFP37679?redirect=no

That's undercutting the cheapest one available from a private seller. I wonder are Tesla pulling some sort of stunt here? They did that a while ago in the US with a lot of $30k Model S for sale. Obviously they all sold within minutes of going online.

That is significantly (read = £5k) cheaper than the next 2014 CPO which is a P85.
    I think (hope) that they do the same thing in the EU that they did in the US and reduce the prices of the older ones to the £30-35k mark. I think they are trying to take the pressure off the "waiting for model 3" market.

Suits me fine as I am planning for a CPO model s to be my next car, when we :eek: make the move to a 2 EV family. Herself gets the leaf as a runaround and I get my model S!

Ha, it was only last month they did that in the USA:

Linky

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I'm toying with the idea of a CPO Model S.

I drive a 151 2l Octavia. I do about 30k km a year. The wife drives a 07 Kia Ceed and does much less mileage.

My PCP is up next Feb and I'm tempted to trade down to a small engine Fabia and let the wife drive the new car whilst I drive her Kia Ceed into the ground for the next while. For however long that is, save up for the deposit on a CPO Tesla in the UK and cover the rest with a loan.

I want to move away from Diesel and ideally get an electric car, but if I can hold out I'd get a Tesla (Model 3 or S). Perhaps the next leaf or Ioniq will be options.

Will I have issues with the older car from an insurance point of view?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I got my invite for test drive, replied so just waiting for confirmation of day....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

CPO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Soarer wrote: »
    CPO?

I assume certified pre-owned?

pawrick wrote: »
    I assume certified pre-owned?
    Yup. Certified preowned.
    Better than buying second hand from non-Tesla sources as there is a CPO all inclusive warranty of 4 years/50k miles in addition to the balance of the 8 year drivetrain warranty from new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I was looking at these CPO's last night (if only i had the funds). The website didn't say where the car was. I wonder do they bring it to you for a test drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭lfp

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I got my invite for test drive, replied so just waiting for confirmation of day....
    Got an invite also. I couldn't afford to buy half of a new model S. Would I be a bit silly booking an appointment with zero chance of a sale? Irish guilt is an awful thing...

TBi wrote: »
    I was looking at these CPO's last night (if only i had the funds). The website didn't say where the car was. I wonder do they bring it to you for a test drive?

I presume not, but with Tesla you'd never know!
    The ones I saw gave the locations. There was one in Heathrow for a convenient flyover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

lfp wrote: »
    Got an invite also. I couldn't afford to buy half of a new model S. Would I be a bit silly booking an appointment with zero chance of a sale? Irish guilt is an awful thing...

There is never zero chance if the sales man is good :p

Potentially in next 12 months I told them I could buy.....lots can happen in 12 months,......Im bound to win the lotto ;)

Potentially in next 12 months I told them I could buy.....lots can happen in 12 months,......Im bound to win the lotto ;)

I answered the email aswell and said 12-18 months.
    Funny thing that Irish guilt, as that is my plan 12-18 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭lfp

lfp wrote: »

Thanks lads, the justification I needed! Just signed up.

Test drive booked too. See if they have any interesting proposal for me afterwards.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Interesting to see the first CPO model s for sale below £40k.
    Now it's an early 2014 model which means no AP, summon, etc.
    But apart from that it's a fully specced model S85 with dual chargers and free supercharging, for under £40k.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H16EFP37679?redirect=no

aaaand it's gone! :eek:
    That sold quickly.

Advertisement