Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

salomon wrote: »
    I'm between 115 and 120 on the open for Dublin only so I'd be surprised to hear that there's only 5 between 115 and 133 with Dublin preferences.

Ah well, we live in hope and die in despair!

don't forget that many assigned from the interdeparmental were also on Open and may be already gone from Open panel

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Murraymint81

Any idea what number interD is at?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Riskymove wrote: »
    don't forget that many assigned from the interdeparmental were also on Open and may be already gone from Open panel

Oh I understand that but I'm interD too and unreached

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

I'm sure if you ring them they will give you a general idea

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

I have today turned down my Dublin offer officially so that's another one back in the pot. All hope now lie on 2/3 people retiring, getting promoted, taking a Brussels job, dying (not really !) in my regional preference in the next 16.5 months!!

• Advertisement

ZolaGood wrote: »
    I have today turned down my Dublin offer officially so that's another one back in the pot. All hope now lie on 2/3 people retiring, getting promoted, taking a Brussels job, dying (not really !) in my regional preference in the next 16.5 months!!

Fingers crossed it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

I got 1,800 in the open, any chance of being called down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Aoibhin84 wrote: »

No idea really, but given that they've called 450 to interview, and listed approx 300 (145+?), it must be unlikely.

Aoibhin84 wrote: »

180?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Can anyone tell me what would happen if someone got one offer (say in Dublin) and accepts it, are they then taken off the panel completely?

Or do they still stay on the panel for their second county?

• Advertisement

dee75 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what would happen if someone got one offer (say in Dublin) and accepts it, are they then taken off the panel completely?

You are taken off the panel -hence why I had to turn down the Dublin offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

You will have accepted a post so you're off the Panel.

For those successful in batch 1, were you emailed by PAS about your regional placing or only notified once you rang?

For those successful in batch 1, were you emailed by PAS about your regional placing or only notified once you rang?

Only given info once we rang

Only given info once we rang

• Registered Users Posts: 29 GorSin

Only after we rang and only after 6 weeks had passed from notification of our overall position on the panel. They might even had started making offers before they were able to share regional information.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

ZolaGood wrote: »
    You are taken off the panel -hence why I had to turn down the Dublin offer

Thanks for that. I rang for an update on how my two regional counties were doing and the person at 1 in Wexford may have accepted another county offer so that bumps me up (as I'm number 2).

I was worried someone could hedge their bets and stay on the panel and hop from one job to another if an offer came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

Any offers for batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Mama lion wrote: »
    Any offers for batch 2?

Seems they're at around 115 on Batch 1 for Dublin so still 30 or so people on panel 1 (some obviously regional) before they hit panel 2 for Dublin.

Just rang PAS to check on regional movement on batch 1 and was told hardly any vacancies have been regional, so far almost all jobs have been in Dublin. Basically don't call us we'll call you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

gics wrote: »
    Just rang PAS to check on regional movement on batch 1 and was told hardly any vacancies have been regional, so far almost all jobs have been in Dublin. Basically don't call us we'll call you

That is what they told me when I rang about regional placements - Literally. :(

A friend who's in the early 110s got his assignment. Fingers crossed it won't be long!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how many were successful in batch 2 of interviews?

I am in early 100s and am wondering are there many below that.

As they are moving quite quickly through batch 1, there is hope for us lower down on batch 2..

Thanks for that. I rang for an update on how my two regional counties were doing and the person at 1 in Wexford may have accepted another county offer so that bumps me up (as I'm number 2).

I was worried someone could hedge their bets and stay on the panel and hop from one job to another if an offer came up.

If you accept a job off open panel are you removed from interD as well?

Yes once you are an AP you no longer meet the conditions of the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Does anyone think that if you are being recruited for a good job like that from a panel which is never ending, and now hiring those who are the bottom there is something wrong.

Interdepartmental AP is surely a farcical situation

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DrunkenSailor

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Does anyone think that if you are being recruited for a good job like that from a panel which is never ending, and now hiring those who are the bottom there is something wrong.

What do you mean. They are not hiring near the bottom. Not sure you understand the process or are a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

ThumbTaxed wrote: »

There were 3108 applicants for this competition. After the whittling down process they have identified approximately 300 applicants suitable for the position so even if they get to the end of Batch 2 it will be what PAS have determined to be the top 10% of all applicants. They are currently at approx position 115 which is the top 4% of all applicants, I would regard that as very far from the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Link3n

Is it still at 115? or has it moved on from that number?

• Advertisement

Link3n wrote: »
    Is it still at 115? or has it moved on from that number?

Must be somewhere around there still as I'm between 115 and 120 and heard nada yet

Advertisement