Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Oh jeez, nothing yet for me. I'm not expecting to make it, but excited in spite of myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Just got mine. 97 so wouldn't be overly confident it'll get to me but happy to have passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

congrats, the rejection letters must be due out next so

seamie78 wrote: »
    congrats, the rejection letters must be due out next so

Ha you're probably right. Well done to all the successful candidates!

Edit: Yup; I'm on the reject pile. As expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Just got mine. 97 so wouldn't be overly confident it'll get to me but happy to have passed.

I'm just into the hundreds so that's the end of that, feels simultaneously like a pass and a fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Placed in the 40s just waiting on the interd results now.

JD1763 wrote: »
    Placed in the 40s just waiting on the interd results now.

Completely forgot there'd be a separate interd. Which one has been moving faster on the existing panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Ha you're probably right. Well done to all the successful candidates!

Edit: Yup; I'm on the reject pile. As expected.

Likewise, still theres always next time

seamie78 wrote: »
    Likewise, still theres always next time

At least we tried. Good experience; let's learn from it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

Early 100s open and 60s inter-d .
    Really hoping. What are odds ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Confused1979

Mama lion wrote: »

Depends on your location choice

I'm just a bit behind you and I'm not positive about my chances but I am always pessimistic and have no actual information or insight to base my assumption on so I guess my opinion doesn't really help here! I'm assuming Dublin as a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

A lot of the first batch seem to have had regional choices so I think if you've Dublin selected even if your batch two you still have a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I'm just into the hundreds so that's the end of that, feels simultaneously like a pass and a fail.

Similar placing to you guys and I'd be quite hopeful of a call... if you've Dublin down as a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mac234

In the teens in both Open and Inter D so happy with that. Glad to get this part over with as it's a long old slog. Its difficult to say how high they will go but I wouldn't lose hope as they wouldn't have interviewed so many people if they didn't have a resonable expectation of positions opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Link3n

Any Idea how many places were filled for Dublin from the first panel?

We really need a PAS mole on here!

60s interd too. I wasn't overly optimistic but a few people here seem fairly certain it'll get that far. I wouldn't be expecting it until maybe this time next year but fingers crossed.

60s interd too. I wasn't overly optimistic but a few people here seem fairly certain it'll get that far. I wouldn't be expecting it until maybe this time next year but fingers crossed.

A hard Brexit might help ensure that we're reached!

How long is the panel open for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

High 80s in the open, high 50s in the inter. Not hopeful as Dublin does not suit

How long is the panel open for?

Either 30th Sept or 31st October 2018... just can't remember which. Think it's the end of Oct next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Link3n

Is the panel start date not the date when the first offers/results are made?

Link3n wrote: »
    Is the panel start date not the date when the first offers/results are made?

The date was in some of the literature that PAS sent us at the very start of the process but I just don't have time to root it out at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

The date was in some of the literature that PAS sent us at the very start of the process but I just don't have time to root it out at the mo.

The last panel ran until 30 April, and they started processing the new panel in May, so I'd suggest 1 May being the start date.

Past30Now wrote: »
    The last panel ran until 30 April, and they started processing the new panel in May, so I'd suggest 1 May being the start date.

But when does it close, thats the important bit now?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Irish.sherpa

31 October 2018, as per http://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2016/26.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

From the circular: It is
    not envisaged that appointments will be made from this competition after 31 October, 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 terribletwos

Just rang to find my regional placing and the guy in PAS said they are not giving out regional placings for batch 2 as they will be no vacancies. It seems unfair to bring people up for interview if they know this is the case. Anybody else request regional placing for batch 2?

• Advertisement

So batch 2 was organised purely to get APs for Dublin?

Advertisement