Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RubyCalypso

Anyone know if results are out today?

Nobody KNOWS anything :( My poor phone will be squished by c.o.b. Everytime a text comes in I jump on it. My poor nerves are at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

yep finger nails are being well chewed today :'(

sorry double post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭tigger123

Stupid question I know, but did anyone call PAS for an indication of when they might be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

tigger123 wrote: »
    Stupid question I know, but did anyone call PAS for an indication of when they might be out?

Early next week apparently... which means they'll deffo be out this evening!

• Advertisement

Early next week apparently... which means they'll deffo be out this evening!

How do you figure that one out?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

I don't like this time on a Friday when there's a chance they might be out, I either want them now or I want it to be 7 o'clock when I can forget about them till next week!

How do you figure that one out?

Just being light hearted, I've no idea when they'll be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

I don't like this time on a Friday when there's a chance they might be out, I either want them now or I want it to be 7 o'clock when I can forget about them till next week!

I second that!! :)

Starting to lose hope we'll see anything today

• Advertisement

Mama lion wrote: »

Well why would we be put out of our collective misery for the weekend 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Mama lion wrote: »
    Pfft, that's nothing, I'm waiting 10 weeksfor my 6 week update on the panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Disgruntled dsp

I got e mail today for internal DSP interview. Did anyone on this thread get through? Trying to establish how many still in competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Also got my interview date for DSP

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Murraymint81

Do you know if there are many DSP APO vacancies? Would there be many regional APO vacancies?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Also got my interview date for DSP

Roughly what dates are they interviewing?

Week commencing 19th

gics wrote: »
    Roughly what dates are they interviewing?
    Do you know if there are many DSP APO vacancies? Would there be many regional APO vacancies?

no idea of vacancies - anecdotally heard that numbers have to be cut in DSP as per DPER so posts will be suppressed. Not too sure if that will include AP

Regarding regional vacancies - hard to say - big DSP centres in Carrick-on-Shannon, Longford and Sligo. Age profile appears quite young in the regional offices - could not say re: Dublin

I know its guess work but what are peoples theories on how far into a Batch 2 panel they might get with appointments?

• Advertisement

I know its guess work but what are peoples theories on how far into a Batch 2 panel they might get with appointments?

Wait and see if batch one is filled first

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

I just rang PAS to see when the results of the interviews would be out and was told that it'll take about 2 weeks and that they should be out by the end of the month.

I just hope that I got someone just back from holidays or who misheard the question.

Anyone else get a similar answer?

salomon wrote: »
    Wait and see if batch one is filled first

Surely they are fairly confident of getting through Batch 1 if they called a Batch 2, otherwise that was would be a terrible use of time and resources.

Surely they are fairly confident of getting through Batch 1 if they called a Batch 2, otherwise that was would be a terrible use of time and resources.

Possibly, but it is PAS after all. We've gone from having 20 odd appointments a week to noone posting about a placement for over a week.

I just rang PAS to see when the results of the interviews would be out and was told that it'll take about 2 weeks and that they should be out by the end of the month.

I just hope that I got someone just back from holidays or who misheard the question.

Anyone else get a similar answer?

I sent them an email but got nothing back yet. I hope it won't take that long. My nerves are shot already.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Possibly, but it is PAS after all. We've gone from having 20 odd appointments a week to noone posting about a placement for over a week.

I'm slightly over 100 on the open list, coming from outside the CS and am going through the e-vetting process. Any idea how long this might take?

Past30Now wrote: »
    I'm slightly over 100 on the open list, coming from outside the CS and am going through the e-vetting process. Any idea how long this might take?

I don't actually know is the short answer. But it would depend on whether or not it's a straightforward vetting or if there's other countries etc to consider. No harm in giving PAS. A shout and maybe getting a panel update for all of us! They are very helpful, when you can get hold of them

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

I don't actually know is the short answer. But it would depend on whether or not it's a straightforward vetting or if there's other countries etc to consider. No harm in giving PAS. A shout and maybe getting a panel update for all of us! They are very helpful, when you can get hold of them

It's the most straightforward application they are ever likely to receive. Four addresses over 40+ years all within eight miles of O'Connell Bridge!

I'll give them a buzz later in the week, when I've a bit of documentation to send in.

They're out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

still waiting on mine, did you pass

Advertisement