Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

JD1763 wrote: »
    Time to fill in those PO applications people!

Is there a PO comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Just seen it advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

On Public Jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shibbyj

• Advertisement

shibbyj wrote: »

Meh, only DFAT. I'll wait for the next open & inter D, hopefully I'll be an AP before then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

salomon wrote: »
    Meh, only DFAT. I'll wait for the next open & inter D, hopefully I'll be an AP before then :D

its Open PO for all Departments as wells as Counsellor Grade in DFAT

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I wonder if the AP1 appointments are taking up their time this week.

Anecdotally there's still going to be loads of AP vacancies over the lifetime of the Panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Anecdotally there's still going to be loads of AP vacancies over the lifetime of the Panel.
    Is that Dublin or nationally?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ShellyMCD

Sounds like only the top 10 in the AP1 with offers. Not sure how many vacancies in total, but small panel so might not take up much time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Franksal22

Massive amounts of retirement's in revenue these days all over the country so there's hope for us yet. Also rumour of an open po competition for revenue posts on the way.

Is that Dublin or nationally?

Mostly Dublin but PAS are after making trouble for themselves in only allowing people to pick two counties that they'd be interested in taking a job in. As such they've created an expectation that there will be vacancies when it seems there's been hardly any. I wonder how many counties will have no AP vacancies at all. It seems strange that PAS limited people to only two choices. A massive waste of public money if successful candidates don't get the jobs over an administrative cost saving exercise that hasn't saved any costs.

Some common sense needed by PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

The Internal DSP competition is letting candidates choose 10 locations and I see the Open PO is listing all counties and you just preference the ones you are willing to work in

One quick question, when people got their assignment did they get a call or email from PAS?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

In case of Mrs, she received a message on publicjobs messageboard to tell her the Dept, and the names of 2 people who would be in touch with her directly to pick up on further details such as specific location, start dates etc. Contact details for both were provided in the message for her to chase up. She held off and received a call from them within the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Link3n

Has anybody contacted PAS in the last couple of days to see has the clearance process finished for batch 2 and to find out number within locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Quick question: My wife has (per above) received confirmation of her assignment, but has yet to receive contract etc - presume she would be entitled to apply in the new PO/Counsellor Open Competition as she is technically not yet a signed up & sealed Civil Servant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Redderneck wrote: »
    Quick question: My wife has (per above) received confirmation of her assignment, but has yet to receive contract etc - presume she would be entitled to apply in the new PO/Counsellor Open Competition as she is technically not yet a signed up & sealed Civil Servant?

You can apply for the open competition even if you are a civil servant so i don't think it will matter

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Omnishambles99

Redderneck wrote: »

No problem applying at all - you could be an unemployed tango dance teacher and apply - open is open to all !

Link3n wrote: »
    Has anybody contacted PAS in the last couple of days to see has the clearance process finished for batch 2 and to find out number within locations?

Have people in Batch 2 actually gone through clearance?

Regional locations still a couple of weeks away apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Ecribbin

So they've reached 133 in the panel anyway, just got my Dublin assignment!

Ecribbin wrote: »

Grrrr.im between 115 and 120 and got nada yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ecribbin

Do you have Dublin as a choice? If so, get on to them there and see what that's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

If I was you I really would get onto them and say you've just heard of someone who is 133 getting assigned Dublin. In past comps I have heard of them missing over people however it may just be a case that you are going to Justice & the clearance is taking longer, have heard of that previously aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Congrats. You'll be able to enjoy your weekend now. Anyone know what number the first batch went to

Do you have Dublin as a choice? If so, get on to them there and see what that's about.

Yep Dublin as one and only choice. Might be delay if they're keeping me in current dept. I'll wait til Monday and see

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yep Dublin as one and only choice. Might be delay if they're keeping me in current dept. I'll wait til Monday and see

If your staying in current department have a discussion with your po and/or HR. They'll be able to tell u have a conversation is ongoing.

Did u do clearance yet?

gics wrote: »

Congrats. You'll be able to enjoy your weekend now. Anyone know what number the first batch went to

Slightly over 150.

Uriel. wrote: »
    If your staying in current department have a discussion with your po and/or HR. They'll be able to tell u have a conversation is ongoing.

Did u do clearance yet?

When you say do clearance? If you get an offer do you get word of your Garda v being approved is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

When you say do clearance? If you get an offer do you get word of your Garda v being approved is it ?

Sometimes it depends, but normally u get a clearance form prior to an offer

Advertisement