Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

dunworth1 wrote: »
    actually when you compare it to maplins price of €445
    its a pretty steep difference

http://www.maplin.ie/p/samsung-850-evo-1tb-sataiii-25inch-ssd-a65tk

That is the non pro version you linked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

game4it70 wrote: »
    That is the non pro version you linked :p

opps :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone here around Cork and happen to have a spare DVI adapter? Made a bit of a blunder and brought a VGA cable with me. Thought my monitor supported HDMI, but it only supports VGA and my graphics card doesn't support VGA. Would be much appreciated if anyone has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well learned a lesson. I was opening a can of 7-up while sitting at my desk and what ever way I was opening the can it sprayed all over the place. On my keyboard, mouse and the one I'm most annoyed about if my screen. It happened two days ago but I still notice marks on the screen even right now as I type. So annoying. I know you can get wipes but in my experience they also leave smudge marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

**** sake, CEX are unreal, some of their staff obviously just don't give a toss. Bought two cards from them - a GTX770 which arrived in literally just an envelope this minute. Who ships any electronic item like that?

And then a HD6870 which came with enough wrapping and packaging to ship an actual corpse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

a GTX770 which arrived in literally just an envelope this minute.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I refuse to believe someone is that uninformed.

Serephucus wrote: »

It actually happened me on adverts before.

Guy posted me a card in a brown envelope - not even a trace of padding, just a ****ing 20c brown envelope.

Unsurprisingly the card got broken. He then refused to refund me.

Serephucus wrote: »

GTX770 on the left.....HD6870 on the right.

bit of a difference!

418677.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Ah here! Padded envelope! There's at least 0.2mm of padding there. Be grand!

The PCB is actually damaged but only a test will reveal if all is working....

At least with CEX you can return stuff bought online in-store, so it's anot a huge deal if something's broken, they're pretty good for stuff like that.

Used to be a nightmare when you had to ship it back to their HQ though. Their online CS is appallingly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Wow.... the mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Interesting move from Dell, their new Inspiron Gaming desktops will use Ryzen CPUs.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/05/casual-gamers-who-want-an-affordable-desktop-now-have-an-option-from-dell/

Inspiron-Gaming-Desktop-800x650.jpeg

I'd say AMD are selling them bulk to them cheaply. One thing about AMD they will sell products for very little profit.

The likes of Nvidia and Intel will only sell if they make a nice profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Interesting move from Dell, their new Inspiron Gaming desktops will use Ryzen CPUs.

very interesting given dells friendship with intel

I like the case, it's pretty cool. Good to see Dell onboard with Ryzen.

Also, I thought this kinda crap had died out but just saw a guy on adverts selling a 'Gaming Desktop PC' for 1K.....with an AMD APU paired with a GT610.

You have to wonder what games he was evening playing on that. Even CS:Go would be horrible on those specs. In fact the built in GPU on the processor is probably faster than the GT610.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I have a GT610 in my HTPC, i would not even consider it for anything else.

The amount of chancers on Adverts is astounding

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm really not familiar with Adverts... are there any mechanisms in place where you can report those kind of ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I'm really not familiar with Adverts... are there any mechanisms in place where you can report those kind of ads?

Not really, it's up to the buyer if the item is of value to them.

I reckon a lot of people who buy these items are not savvy with the likes of Ebay or buying online or from Sellers like TF, who sell at a reasonable price

P.S anyone who ships a Graphics Card in a padded envelope is a disgrace, just saying

That's a shame. Caveat emptor and all that, sure, but the ads are designed to mislead. They're downright lying in some instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Jesus the wood finished pc's are sexy! : Hardware Canucks.

Just wondering I want to start making some content with game recordings, Just wondering would I get maximum write speeds with this I just want to make sure I'm getting the right m.2 drive motherboard is a cross hair am4

• Advertisement

Jesus the wood finished pc's are sexy! : Hardware Canucks.

Just wondering I want to start making some content with game recordings, Just wondering would I get maximum write speeds with this I just want to make sure I'm getting the right m.2 drive motherboard is a cross hair am4

That is fine but it is not the fastest NVMe drive(write speeds) you can get and the price reflects that.

That is fine but it is not the fastest NVMe drive(write speeds) you can get and the price reflects that.

cool its more for content my ssd just tanks, when I test it with DXtory thanks any other recomondations?

To be honest there is nothing wrong with that NVMe SSD. It is great value for the price and a lot faster than traditional SSD speeds. It was the NVMe I was going to get when I was going to purchase a Ryzen build but I bought a car instead as my current PC is more than adequate and I'm not gaming that much at the minute. Even though I'm still buying games. I bought The Witcher 3 last night and two games last week with no idea what I will play them.

To be honest there is nothing wrong with that NVMe SSD. It is great value for the price and a lot faster than traditional SSD speeds. It was the NVMe I was going to get when I was going to purchase a Ryzen build but I bought a car instead as my current PC is more than adequate and I'm not gaming that much at the minute. Even though I'm still buying games. I bought The Witcher 3 last night and two games last week with no idea what I will play them.

I think in terms of write speeds it will be fine I'm hoping to go back to collage I'm sure I'll probably need a scratch disk so it may well be ideal for me, maybe I'll upgrade it come September to a larger one thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Adverts is owned by the same company as boards so we cant really speak our minds to how its run. That said, its not as crap as Donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

At least it doesn't look like a site from the 90's anymore which it did until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

200hz, 3440 x 1440 & HDR, holy sh!t snacks. Wonder how many body parts it will cost?

glynf wrote: »
    200hz, 3440 x 1440 & HDR, holy sh!t snacks. Wonder how many body parts it will cost?

You forgot to mention the RGB ROG logo on the back of the monitor :pac: (wish I was joking). But yeah, expensive as feck, I'd say. Think Acer are bringing out a model based on the same panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

glynf wrote: »

Ill take three please. And I'll need a bigger desk to fit them, a bigger home office to fit that, and a bigger house to fit that! All in I'm thinking I should be less than €500,000.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement