Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ED E wrote: »

make sure to clean it first or you may get actual fleas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where did you get your Herman Miller Embody/Aeron from guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Headshot wrote: »

Probably here: https://usedaeronireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

ED E wrote: »

Be wary ordering one of those, headrests. The shipping was stupid money and v. long delivery. I bought a second hand Aeron with the intention of getting an a 3rd party headrest, but it was working out at over €300-350 IIRC getting one delivered; I sold it and got a Humanscale freedom with built in headrest instead, delighted with it.

Thatt was a few years ago, since then theres another company about called Atlas that do one for a much more reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

glynf wrote: »
    Be wary ordering one of those, headrests. The shipping was stupid money and v. long delivery. I bought a second hand Aeron with the intention of getting an a 3rd party headrest, but it was working out at over ?300-350 IIRC getting one delivered; I sold it and got a Humanscale freedom with built in headrest instead, delighted with it.

Thatt was a few years ago, since then theres another company about called Atlas that do one for a much more reasonable price.

This if itll fit in a PM locker ;)

Where was that 2 years ago :/

Sat in a Steelcase gesture task chair a while back, contorl room in UK had about 10 or so of them. holy **** that thing is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Where was that 2 years ago :/

Sat in a Steelcase gesture task chair a while back, contorl room in UK had about 10 or so of them. holy **** that thing is amazing.

That is high on my list but its €750 (ex VAT) from SIG Workplace Dublin. Soooo expensive.

Wonder how it compares to the one that's been recommended here a fair bit:
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/vertagear-gaming-series-triigger-line-350-gaming-chair-black-edition-gc-045-vt.html

I have this one in green with chrome frame, seriously well worth a look for €250..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I have this one in green with chrome frame, seriously well worth a look for ?250..

That one really interests me since it looks like it has a high back for a tall person like me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Headshot wrote: »

Rugs to Rhinos in Harold's Cross. They've a sideline in liquidation sales so they frequently have second hand Aeron chairs in store for about €300 or so. You might need to replace a part or two as they don't do refurbs - but since the Aeron has a full teardown manual available, that's pretty straightforward.

That is high on my list but its €750 (ex VAT) from SIG Workplace Dublin. Soooo expensive.

Wonder how it compares to the one that's been recommended here a fair bit:
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/vertagear-gaming-series-triigger-line-350-gaming-chair-black-edition-gc-045-vt.html

That's a lot of cash to spend on chair for a fairly new and relatively unknown (from what I can see) brand.

Think I would go for the Steelcase, or hold out for a decent second hand Steelcase leap or Aeron on ebay. If you were keeping it for a few years I think the Steelcase /Herman Miller route would be better re. spare parts and support down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

That's a lot of cash to spend on chair for a fairly new and relatively unknown (from what I can see) brand.

Think I would go for the Steelcase, or hold out for a decent second hand Steelcase leap or Aeron on ebay. If you were keeping it for a few years I think the Steelcase /Herman Miller route would be better re. spare parts and support down the line.

Yeah I think you are spot on. Didn't even think about support.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Rx Vega supposedly launching with three sku's. Nova, Eclipse and Core. Reasonably priced too compared to the other crowd.

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-vega-cards-reportedly-launching-june-5th-lineup-includes-3-skus-priced-at-599-499-399/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just ordered the rest of my build....being delivered with Parcel Wizard. Can't wait for the shiny new 24" monitor!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

How has Ryzen panned out exactly? My build plan has been knocked back but I think I might have been advised to wait for Ryzen anyway.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Pretty well, overall. About the only Intel CPUs worth looking at (and I'm generalising here a bit) are the G4560 at the value end, or the 7700K at the high end. Usually, with anything else, Ryzen is the better option.

1600 seems to be a nice sweet spot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

once you buy fast ddr4 it seems to be on par if not better than intels offerings. gaming wise its only issue is its lower clock speeds really, and for productivity its the only way to go at the moment really. the ryzen 1700 is really nice imo, 8 core 16 thread for not much more than a i7 7700k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Serephucus wrote: »
    Pretty well, overall. About the only Intel CPUs worth looking at (and I'm generalising here a bit) are the G4560 at the value end, or the 7700K at the high end. Usually, with anything else, Ryzen is the better option.

1600 seems to be a nice sweet spot.

Yeah, I fully agree and I don't even think you're over generalising, it really is that black and white. The i3 is entirely pointless and the i5 is just a lesser option at the current price points.

The G4560 is a deadly CPU though. Wonder what AMD can do to target the end of the market, the older X4 740/840/860 CPU's are junk in comparison.

Intel will still trade for some time on brand name and market dominance though.

• Advertisement

Intel will still trade for some time on brand name and market dominance though.

The i5 was what I was looking at a while ago. Mad that it's basically been supplanted by these Ryzen CPU's. Tom's Hardware must have some sort of bias against them as not one of them appears in the "Best CPU's" article.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Heh, there's been a bit of talk about that actually. See this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The i5 was what I was looking at a while ago. Mad that it's basically been supplanted by these Ryzen CPU's. Tom's Hardware must have some sort of bias against them as not one of them appears in the "Best CPU's" article.

I didn't read the full article but I believe an editor from the site defended it and offered an explanation for the motive on social media later.

Can't imagine how though. Utter madness to be recommending i3's over Ryzen, whatever about the i5.

I didn't read the full article but I believe an editor from the site defended it and offered an explanation for the motive on social media later.

Can't imagine how though. Utter madness to be recommending i3's over Ryzen, whatever about the i5.

I only really read the list:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/best-cpus,review-33354.html

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

marko93 wrote: »
    Lads, what would be a good card for 1080p gaming at High/Ultra settings for about 250/<300?

I feel like the 5850 I have is starting to call it a day for newer games.

Rx 480 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Or RX580, if it's cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ordered my parts 2 days ago and told Amazon to group them together as I'm using Parcel Wizard to deliver them to me. They're dispatching them separately....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Ordered my parts 2 days ago and told Amazon to group them together as I'm using Parcel Wizard to deliver them to me. They're dispatching them separately....

Tis the risk you run with Amazon. I've received orders with 5 items in 1 box and then I've received 5 separate deliveries that would have fit in 1 box.

Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it really, well none that I can see anyway.:o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Were they all definitely direct from amazon? A lot of PC components come from third party sellers on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

marko93 wrote: »
    Lads, what would be a good card for 1080p gaming at High/Ultra settings for about 250/<300?

I feel like the 5850 I have is starting to call it a day for newer games.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Or RX580, if it's cheaper.

I appreciate the reply but that question was asked nearly 3 years ago :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement