Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorist Attack in Manchester (Read MOD WARNING in OP Updated 24/05/2017))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I see yer man Tommy Robinson posting a video of some people giving him grief in Nandos and he starts slagging the guys appearance. While he has some points in amongst the madness he spouts, laughing at someone's appearance is typical chav/nacker/scumbag behaviour.
    They seem to think that flash clothes and a flash car are the ultimate goals in life. He's appealing to a certain demographic, who'd probably do the same anyway, but when he tries to make himself look any way credible, he goes and does typical chav stuff like this.
    I remember getting the "look at the dirty grungers" off scumbags years ago. They same scumbags now have top knots, cons and tight jeans..... Boils my pi55!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

seachto7 wrote: »
    I see yer man Tommy Robinson posting a video of some people giving him grief in Nandos and he starts slagging the guys appearance. While he has some points in amongst the madness he spouts, laughing at someone's appearance is typical chav/nacker/scumbag behaviour.
    They seem to think that flash clothes and a flash car are the ultimate goals in life. He's appealing to a certain demographic, who'd probably do the same anyway, but when he tries to make himself look any way credible, he goes and does typical chav stuff like this.
    I remember getting the "look at the dirty grungers" off scumbags years ago. They same scumbags now have top knots, cons and tight jeans..... Boils my pi55!!!

He can be his own worst enemy in the PR stakes, if he wasn't from the rougher side of the tracks would he have the cojones to be saying the things he does though.

Pointing out that the Imam of the Didsbury Mosque is no stranger to shooting an AK47 or complaining about having people scream from the pulpit advocating killing is not the done thing these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭red ears

He was having his dinner in nandos and some gobsh**te comes up to him mouthing off. So Tommy throws a few insults his way.. big deal. He isn't trying to be a polished politician running for office.

red ears wrote: »
    He was having his dinner in nandos and some gobsh**te comes up to him mouthing off. So Tommy throws a few insults his way.. big deal. He isn't trying to be a polished politician running for office.

True. He is his own worst enemy though. There's a PR game to be played to a certain extent, and I think he should play, as he does have a point. I don't agree with everything he says, but I do with some of it..

He just hits "lowest common denominator" in his slagging sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

When you have an extreme ideology that belongs to the dark ages, don't be surprised if a large portion of its adherents turn to extreme violence to further the cause.

As each passing year goes by, I think the sympathy of westerners towards the fate of the middle east will decline. The vast majority living in that region choose to adhere to a religion which is slowly but surely dragging the region into chaos, disaster and something akin to the stone age.

• Advertisement

When you have an extreme ideology that belongs to the dark ages, don't be surprised if a large portion of its adherents turn to extreme violence to further the cause.

As each passing year goes by, I think the sympathy of westerners towards the fate of the middle east will decline. The vast majority living in that region choose to adhere to a religion which is slowly but surely dragging the region into chaos, disaster and something akin to the stone age.

Have you ever been to the Alhambra in Granada? Who knows what the solution is to this though. If we "leave them alone", the extremists will still want to "spread the word" through attacks.
    Trump and co signing deals to put more weapons in that part of the world is brainless...

Have you ever been to the Alhambra in Granada? Who knows what the solution is to this though. If we "leave them alone", the extremists will still want to "spread the word" through attacks.
    Trump and co signing deals to put more weapons in that part of the world is brainless...

One of the founding tenets of Islam is that it must be spread over the entire world, no ifs, buts or maybes. There's also a significant group think in that, if one dies for the cause it doesn't matter, so long as the religion spreads.

A lot of recent attacks have nothing to do with sympathy for the people of the middle east. Remember ISIS have killed far more in the middle east than elsewhere and are a huge cause of the misery there.

Attacks here are designed, as was always the case, to spread fear and terror. Increasingly the west is being turned into the kind of violent sh*thole much of the middle east already is because of the ever increasing prevalence of Islam in the west.

How we can reverse this trend I don't know either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Increasingly the west is being turned into the kind of violent sh*thole much of the middle east already is because of the ever increasing prevalence of Islam in the west.

1 major Radical Islamic terror attack in the UK in the last 12 years claiming 22 lives.

Over 6,500 domestic murders in the UK in the last 12 years.

America even worse, in the last 15 years 170,000 domestic murders, with Radical Islamists responsible for 93 deaths in USA.

Yeah, it's definitely Islam to blame for the west "turning into violent sh*tholes".

Get a bloody grip. We've always been violent sh*tholes, we just don't care as long as it's just "us" killing each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I agree on the Tonny Robinson is his own worst enemy. He sprouts bit of Kak, and his interviewing is very biased as if you don't agree with his agenda he interrupts and over roars back. He is too anti everything for my liking.

But I will give him credit for trying to highlight the abuse young children and young girls and the unreported rapes in the media by some sick individuals. I will give him credit for least trying to bring it to the public attention cause we need to know and stop it.

But I tend avoid his stuff generally anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

1 major Radical Islamic terror attack in the UK in the last 12 years claiming 22 lives.

America even worse, in the last 15 years 170,000 domestic murders, with Radical Islamists responsible for 93 deaths in USA.

Yeah, it's definitely Islam to blame for the west "turning into violent sh*tholes".

Get a bloody grip. We've always been violent sh*tholes, we just don't care as long as it's just "us" killing each other.

How many radical attacks were foiled in the last year? In the UK over 12 last year & 5 in last 2 months but sure nothing to worry about.
    Why do you keep bringing up things like America or domestic violence?

• Advertisement

THere are murders in every country. We don't need to "import" or "encourage" anymore, especially suicide bombers....

Help!!!! wrote: »
    How many radical attacks were foiled in the last year? In the UK over 12 last year & 5 in last 2 months but sure nothing to worry about.
    THere are murders in every country. We don't need to "import" or "encourage" anymore, especially suicide bombers....

LOL

You people keep trying to blame Islam for our societies becoming more dangerous and "Sh1tholes".

I'm pointing out we do a tremendous job of killing, raping, assaulting each other just by ourselves without the help of Radical Islamists who statistically do sweet fcuk all to us in the West compared to what we do to ourselves.

• The total number of books translated into Arabic in the last 1,000 years is fewer than those translated into Spanish in one year.

• Greece — with a population of fewer than 11 million — translates five times as many books from abroad into Greek annually as the 22 Arab countries combined, with a total population of more than 300 million, translate into Arabic.

• According to a Council on Foreign Relations report, “In the 1950s, per-capita income in Egypt was similar to South Korea, whereas Egypt’s per-capita income today is less than 20 percent of South Korea’s. Saudi Arabia had a higher gross domestic product than Taiwan in the 1950s; today, it is about 50 percent of Taiwan’s.”

The toxic certainty, fatality, brutality of Islam, the mindset of "it is written" that all has been decided, the rules written 1400 years ago for all time, a certainty in that, that no other faith has ever demonstrated for a sustained period.

All combine to destroy the Middle East from being a positive player in the world or for themselves. The cradle of civilization never recovered from listening to an insane Merchant and war lord in the 7th Century.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-harris/three-middle-east-myths-e_b_821537.html . The above 3 are the hard facts part of the article.

Maybe Wonderful Life goes to the Didsbury Mosque. They have a long track record of advocating wife beating, justifying rape in marriage. The idea that women can work isn't even up for debate, it is considered so outrageous.

Segregated meetings etc.

You can go on about the West and people being a55holes here but they can't complain when people point out that places like this are Ultra Fascist in nature.

banned and thread banned on return from ban

Here's a tip for you - don't imply or accuse people on Boards of being Islamic Extremists.

I won't demean myself replying to the rest of your racist bullsh1t.

Ignore List.

Look at Lebanon for an example on how Muslims benefit your country. Lebanon had a multisectarian with most getting on with each other until they took in 100,000 Palestinian refugees. They also had an open border with Palestine which encouraged Muslims from other countries to go to Lebanon. Once the Muslims became the majority, then wanted to take over the country, murdering the Christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brehUhjwQjs

LOL

You people keep trying to blame Islam for our societies becoming more dangerous and "Sh1tholes".

I'm pointing out we do a tremendous job of killing, raping, assaulting each other just by ourselves without the help of Radical Islamists who statistically do sweet fcuk all to us in the West compared to what we do to ourselves.

Yes so why invite others who think we are all infidels?

Danzy wrote: »
    • The total number of books translated into Arabic in the last 1,000 years is fewer than those translated into Spanish in one year.

• Greece — with a population of fewer than 11 million — translates five times as many books from abroad into Greek annually as the 22 Arab countries combined, with a total population of more than 300 million, translate into Arabic.

• According to a Council on Foreign Relations report, “In the 1950s, per-capita income in Egypt was similar to South Korea, whereas Egypt’s per-capita income today is less than 20 percent of South Korea’s. Saudi Arabia had a higher gross domestic product than Taiwan in the 1950s; today, it is about 50 percent of Taiwan’s.”

The toxic certainty, fatality, brutality of Islam, the mindset of "it is written" that all has been decided, the rules written 1400 years ago for all time, a certainty in that, that no other faith has ever demonstrated for a sustained period.

All combine to destroy the Middle East from being a positive player in the world or for themselves. The cradle of civilization never recovered from listening to an insane Merchant and war lord in the 7th Century.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-harris/three-middle-east-myths-e_b_821537.html . The above 3 are the hard facts part of the article.

This guy says it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQh_4DxUrM

Yes so why invite others who think we are all infidels?

Immigration and refugee reform is 100% possible but in general I think Europe-wide there should be safe passage for women and children into Europe from Syria and same sentiments applied when the Ethiopian famines were underway.

I don't care what religion people are, they could be atheists for all I care, I believe we should help those in desperate need of safety, shelter, food etc both at home and abroad.

Immigration and refugee reform is 100% possible but in general I think Europe-wide there should be safe passage for women and children into Europe from Syria and same sentiments applied when the Ethiopian famines were underway.

I don't care what religion people are, they could be atheists for all I care, I believe we should help those in desperate need of safety, shelter, food etc both at home and abroad.

I like many others believe that we should look after our own first ( anyone already here ) Build houses, improve transport/schools/HSE. If we continue to import people without fixing our infrastructure then in a few years we might ourselves end up refugees

• Advertisement

Please get your facts straight at least.
    Its not a couple months since a nutcase ran over people on a bridge in London, murdered a policeman and tried to get into the House of Commons presumably to murder as many as he could. Have you forgotten that one already?
    Then there was the murder or Lee Rigby.
    The attack on Glasgow airport.
    The attempted blowing up of a trans-atlantic plane.
    And dozens more that were prevented and likely we won't hear about due to security reasons.
    And that's just the UK alone. There have been dozens of attacks elsewhere in Europe.

Islamic terrorism is now moving in the west from rare to a common occurrence. This religion is completely incompatible with 21st century Europe and many of its adherents struggle to buy into the modern world. No wonder a significant number were attracted to joining ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Its not a couple months since a nutcase ran over people on a bridge in London, murdered a policeman and tried to get into the House of Commons presumably to murder as many as he could. Have you forgotten that one already?
    And dozens more that were prevented and likely we won't hear about due to security reasons.
    And that's just the UK alone. There have been dozens of attacks elsewhere in Europe.

Islamic terrorism is now moving in the west from rare to a common occurrence. This religion is completely incompatible with 21st century Europe and many of its adherents struggle to buy into the modern world. No wonder a significant number were attracted to joining ISIS.

it's no more incompatible then any other religion. there is no evidence that a "significant number" were attracted to joining isis. there is evidence a number were and are attracted to joining isis and did so, but they are not a "signifficant" number.
    time to get used to the facts. muslims are here to stay. no amount of ranting and whining will change the reality.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Sexist much?? Not a fan of equal rights? Or just white-knighting to look good??

it's no more incompatible then any other religion. there is no evidence that a "significant number" were attracted to joining isis. there is evidence a number were and are attracted to joining isis and did so, but they are not a "signifficant" number.
    time to get used to the facts. muslims are here to stay. no amount of ranting and whining will change the reality.

Of course there isn't. :rolleyes:

If you don't consider tens of thousands significant then I don't know what is. Tens of thousands, half of whom have returned to their own countries and are more than prepared to continue the fight in their own countries.

As the grip of other religions lessens in the world, the grip of Islam increases.

Its a shame left wingers like yourself are not as critical of Islam as you are of other religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Of course there isn't.

If you don't consider tens of thousands significant then I don't know what is. Tens of thousands, half of whom have returned to their own countries and are more than prepared to continue the fight in their own countries.

As the grip of other religions lessens in the world, the grip of Islam increases.

Its a shame left wingers like yourself are not as critical of Islam as you are of other religions.

well firstly i'm not a "left winger" and you aren't a "right winger" dispite the fact you probably think you are. secondly, i have no time for religion in general, any religion. however, i have no time for those who pick on a particular religion and those who follow that religion. criticise the religion by all means, but lets be honest, some are going furhter then criticising the religion and are looking to pick on it's followers, mostly because the followers of islam, are for the most part brown.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

well firstly i'm not a "left winger" and you aren't a "right winger" dispite the fact you probably think you are. secondly, i have no time for religion in general, any religion. however, i have no time for those who pick on a particular religion and those who follow that religion. criticise the religion by all means, but lets be honest, some are going furhter then criticising the religion and are looking to pick on it's followers, mostly because the followers of islam, are for the most part brown.

OK lets look at Islam, in the Quran its Ok to kill Infidels & have sex with young girls. Well we have seen them demonstrating both of these in the UK lately. You seem to be hung up on the colour of Muslims, I'd say most are not from the Middle East

You putting *attempted attacks* and *foiled attacks* in a reply about getting facts straight about *actual attacks* is silly.

There's tens of millions of Muslims in Europe and less than 50 of them have committed any major terrorism in the last decade.

Let me explain what I view a "major terrorist" attack as:

7/7 bombing
    Manchester bombing

Birmingham Pub Bombing 1974
    Hyde Park Bombing 1982

Minor terrorist attacks:

Lee Rigby
    Ross McWhirter assassination 1975.

Unfortunately you seem completely unable or unwilling to acknowledge that we were doing a great job of murdering, raping, robbing and assaulting each other without the assistance of Radical Islamists.

You show no outrage for the 6,500 domestic murders in the UK in the past decade but a lot of outrage for the less than 35 deaths caused by Islamists.

There's a word for that attitude. Actually a few: Racist. Xenophobic. Bigoted.
    Sexist much?? Not a fan of equal rights? Or just white-knighting to look good??

As a security matter, most Radical Islamists involved in extremism and terrorism in Europe have been males aged 20-35.

It's not sexism to suggest women and children statistically pose less risk and should be given priority.

But you're right I'm in favour of male refugees from Syria and any other crisis hit country in the world.

You seem to forget we were once in crisis as a nation during the famine and our diaspora are now worldwide because countries like the UK, USA, Canada, Australia didn't turn their backs on us.

We shouldn't turn our own backs on people suffering.

It's a shame murder and mass murder etc only seems to bother you so much if it's committed by Muslims or for religious reasons. Especially when the number of murders committed by religious extremists is tiny in the overall number of murders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

It's a shame murder and mass murder etc only seems to bother you so much if it's committed by Muslims or for religious reasons. Especially when the number of murders committed by religious extremists is tiny in the overall number of murders.

This seems to be a common point people make "oh but more people die in car crashes" etc, but this seems to be missing the underlying point. The objective of Islamist extremism is not just random violence for no purpose, but rather the institution of an Islamic theocracy. The notion that violence can be employed, direct and justified by a vision of the world ostensibly capable of rivalling the one that exists, that is what constitutes the problem. If there were no terrorist attacks just a slow gradual replacement of our morals and values with those of the Islamic world, we would still have a problem - as it is when a version of that is married with violent extremism, we have a serious problem.

OK buts not just terrorism thats the problem. What about pedophilia? What about FGM? Sharia Law.
    What about when an Imam comes out & says Islam is the religion of war?

• Advertisement

OK lets look at Islam, in the Quran its Ok to kill Infidels & have sex with young girls. Well we have seen them demonstrating both of these in the UK lately. You seem to be hung up on the colour of Muslims, I'd say most are not from the Middle East

you seem to be hung up about the Quran.
    and muslims in general.
    this is a thread about a terrorist attack in manchester........

Advertisement