Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 211 - Miocic vs dos Santos 2

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Miocic via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    Woodley will fight a very scared fight in that one.

Although, ATT have the blueprint to beat Maia. We've seen that with Masvidal. Woodley is going to soak all of that up. Plus he's got Yoel at MW for the explosive defensive wrestling and Shoeface for BJJ.

Is Woodley not training exclusively at Rufusport now or did he backtrack on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is Woodley not training exclusively at Rufusport now or did he backtrack on that?
    Did he ever say he was fulltime at Roufus? Because he owns an ATT gym in Missouri.

I think he did his camp at Roufus because Robbie was the champ, fighting out of ATT. He still worked with Din Thomas from ATT while at Roufus.
    Now that Robbie has left ATT (partial because of the above), the conflict of interest is gone. I think it'll be business as usual. He'll probably work with guys from both gyms, whatever's been working for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Miocic via Submission
    Did he ever say he was fulltime at Roufus? Because he owns an ATT gym in Missouri.

I think he did his camp at Roufus because Robbie was the champ, fighting out of ATT. He still worked with Din Thomas from ATT while at Roufus.
    Now that Robbie has left ATT (partial because of the above), the conflict of interest is gone. I think it'll be business as usual. He'll probably work with guys from both gyms, whatever's been working for him.

It's a tough subject to find much info on as it turns out, but it appears that Woodley and Din both travel to Milwaukee to put his work in at Roufusport. How that works I'm not sure but its probably similar to the deal that Gunnar has with SBG and Mjolnir for example.

Seems to be working alright for Tyron anyway, but I really hope to see that 170 belt around Maia soon. Very tough matchup for him though and Woodley is a clear favourite in that fight IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Just watched Stipes post fight interview. He wouldn't get drawn into naming future opponents at all, completely shut down and questions about it. Dana said Cain is targeting an Autumn comeback but also wouldn't say who would be next in line for a title fight.

Werdum v Overeem winner could be a possibility, although I wouldn't be a fan of that. Too recent for a rematch for either of them.

If Lewis beats Hunt he'd surely have to be in the conversation. Same with NGannou if he wins his next, is he booked?

Hopefully we see a bit of change of guard at the top of HW, it's had the same few lads in the top 10 for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

martyos121 wrote: »
    its probably similar to the deal that Gunnar has with SBG and Mjolnir for example
    That's probably a perfect example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

ricero wrote: »
    Ah in fairness the first woodley v wonderboy fight was epic.

I think woodley will knock maia out

you're right, just can't get that second fight out of my head though
    I think woodley could knock maia out but tactics might mean a very different sort of fight
    Woodley will fight a very scared fight in that one.

god forbid we have something similar to woodley v shields

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

mailburner wrote: »
    god forbid we have something similar to woodley v shields

No need to even go back that far, just look at Woodley v Wonderboy 2. They barely threw a punch at each other through the first 2 rounds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Advertisement