Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 211 - Miocic vs dos Santos 2

Options
  • 06-05-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

062038588eae1af1100aa50bb25c34d2.png

Date: Saturday May 13th
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (11pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (1am, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (3am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Dallas, Texas
    Odds: Miocic (10/11) vs dos Santos (6/5)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 41 votes

Miocic via KO/TKO
    0%
    Miocic via Submission
    58%
    Magown3KJBawnmoreMorporktwilight_singerslicus ricusmirwillbebackkwestfan08MartyMcFly84smilerfZero-CoolMr. Managerricerogizabeermartyos121finglashoopJohnny Drama_11Gamb!tadcakesStill Ill 24 votes
    Miocic via Decision
    0%
    dos Santos via KO/TKO
    14%
    jackwiganUseful.IdiotLionbackerKingJamsieTangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungopodger79 6 votes
    dos Santos via Submission
    26%
    mdwexfordgzoladzcalifanoxtal191phily2002callaway92Swarlezgstack166tomhalloweenArrow in the KneeUFC211online 11 votes
    dos Santos via Decision
    0%

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Didnt think JDS was younger than Stipe, card is due some injuries any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Miocic via Submission
    Eddie vs Dustin should be on main card unless they were happy topping the Fox prelims

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Miocic via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Eddie vs Dustin should be on main card unless they were happy topping the Fox prelims

Meant to be the best place to be in terms of getting eyeballs on you. It's big FOX too not even FS1. If your not in the main/co-main it's the third best spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Miocic via Submission
    Thinking of backing a stipe and masvidal double ko victory.

Really looking forward to the main event and seeing how masvidal does against maia.

Think frankie will get the decision of yair with his experiance.

Joanna to win easy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Miocic via Submission
    Very winnable fight for Dustin, gonna be a very interesting fight. Can't wait for Maia to choke the **** outta Masvidal and go on an epic rant calling out Woodley. Well, that's not gonna happen but I will be absolutely sickened if he loses, give that man the title shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Miocic via Submission
    Most exciting card in a long time.. Yair is one of the most exciting fighters on the roster. He KOs Frankie.. Maia wins by submission.. Easy double there. Miocic KO also if you're feeling frisky.. Really looking forward to this.

Still Ill wrote: »
    Most exciting card in a long time.. Yair is one of the most exciting fighters on the roster. He KOs Frankie.. Maia wins by submission.. Easy double there. Miocic KO also if you're feeling frisky.. Really looking forward to this.

Easy my arse how much are you lumping on this cert please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,729 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ko's frankie? All his loses are by decision. Never been knocked out. Great ability to recover too. I hope you didn't put too much of your money on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Miocic via Submission
    No, won't be putting too much money on it. I don't gamble very big. Was only half serious about it being easy money. I do hope Yair can do it though. He's great to watch.

No, won't be putting too much money on it. I don't gamble very big. Was only half serious about it being easy money. I do hope Yair can do it though. He's great to watch.

He is, but he struggled to get a decision over Alex Caraces not long ago, plenty to prove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

When Miocic was first around in the UFC, wasn't he billed as Croatian? Or am I totally wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

When Miocic was first around in the UFC, wasn't he billed as Croatian? Or am I totally wrong

He was indeed

callaway92 wrote: »
    He was indeed

Funny how he's being presented as this all american hero now

It's a funny area that I don't much about myself being Irish as far back as I know on both sides, but I hate this changing allegiances crap

Like with Lesnar being billed from Canada for UFC 200, he lived there but he's from the US

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I always thought he was croatian, now I see he was born and bred in the states.

I always thought he was croatian, now I see he was born and bred in the states.

Better for marketing purposes perhaps?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Better for marketing purposes perhaps?

Could well be, maybe they were trying to make a connection with Cro Cop who was still a big name at that stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Anybody else think it's pure madness that Masvidal is favourite to beat Maia?

I just don't see it. Maia has a huge size advantage and if he gets him down even once in this fight it's Goodnight Vienna like Marcelo Garcia in his prime he'll cut straight through Masvidal.

You'd need to be absolutely crazy to back Masvidal with any degree of confidence. The only way he wins is to avoid being taken down for 15 minutes and/or KO's Maia and I just can't see either happening.

My predictions are usually rubbish so Masvidal will probably KO him stiff but I was expecting Maia to be an overwhelming favourite and I'm sure there'll be many lumping on Maia by submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Both Maia and Alvarez being underdogs looks off to me.

I'll be backing the double at a little over 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Stipe is going to get steeped

• Advertisement

Hahaha Alvarez knocked out that Brazilian guy out who they brought in to mimmick McGregor the same one Aldo brought in, stealing a living he is.

It has to be down to the fact he beat Cerrone, and people are backing him because of that, maybe the odds are following the money

Cerrone took that a few weeks after having a hard fight with Matt Brown, people sleeping on maia here only needs one takedown.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Really like Porier, very likeable guy.

Like the Jotko vs Branch fight to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Porier will win that aisy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I just don't see it. Maia has a huge size advantage and if he gets him down even once in this fight it's Goodnight Vienna like Marcelo Garcia in his prime he'll cut straight through Masvidal.

You'd need to be absolutely crazy to back Masvidal with any degree of confidence. The only way he wins is to avoid being taken down for 15 minutes and/or KO's Maia and I just can't see either happening.

My predictions are usually rubbish so Masvidal will probably KO him stiff but I was expecting Maia to be an overwhelming favourite and I'm sure there'll be many lumping on Maia by submission.

Had to look it up because I was so shocked.

That is mental!!

I would have thought Maia would be 2/5, 1/3 kind of price.
    Evens is a very very big mistake by the layers.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Had to look it up because I was so shocked.

That is mental!!

I would have thought Maia would be 2/5, 1/3 kind of price.
    Evens is a very very big mistake by the layers.

Other than the fact I've about 30 cents to my name I'd do something about this situation! :pac:

I genuinely thought Maia would be 1/4 or 2/9 with Maia by Submission to be Evens. It's not that I don't rate Masvidal but Maia is basically a middleweight fighting at welterweight and Masvidal is a big Lightweight.

If he gets him down once it'll be over within a minute.

Maia is 11/10 in places to win and 9/4 to win by Submission. Crazy error of judgement by the bookies. It's not often they get things wrong but this is wildly wrong.

Even if Maia ends up losing, those odds are still way wrong going in. Huge value in Maia.

I'm not hating on Masvidal but this quote from him is going to go into the Stupidity Hall of Fame:

"And most of the dudes are not at that level of defensive wrestling or defensive jiu jitsu to beat him. I know that I am."

Yeah, good luck trying to beat Demian Maia using your jiu jitsu.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

same as that but the bookies are rarely that far wrong either
    I'm backing maia at that price and expect it to shorten closer to the fight
    I was expecting around 4/7 on him

finding it hard to see past joanna also, think andrade could be outclassed in a similiar way to which lineker was against tj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

dos Santos via KO/TKO
    mailburner wrote: »
    finding it hard to see past joanna also, think andrade could be outclassed in a similiar way to which lineker was against tj

I feel cardio will be the big difference in that fight

Advertisement