Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 211 - Miocic vs dos Santos 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

JDS got caught up on the corner of the octagon there, slowed him down just a step

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Pound for pound best fighter in MMA by far. Doesn't get nearly enough credit. 4 first round KOs over legends in a little over a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

STIOPIC WITH THAT IMMIGRANT MENTALITY DAWG

You see that is why I argue that DJ is not the no 1 p4p fighter. JDS made one error there and zzzzzzzzzzz. Make a mistake at flyweight and you can recover from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Great card after a horrific two weekend break. Really enjoyed that. Next PPV in Rio looks a bit skittery to me unfrt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

THATS THE F*CKING SEED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Django99 wrote: »
    Pound for pound best fighter in MMA by far. Doesn't get nearly enough credit. 4 first round KOs over legends in a little over a year.

I'll just say one thing - you might be right but it's far easier to KO people at heavyweight versus Flyweight.

Just science.

He should be top 5 on P4P list with Conor, DC, Mighty Mouse and Joanna.

Proving to be one of the best HW fighters of all time now thats some list of names he is after walking through.

I'll just say one thing - you might be right but it's far easier to KO people at heavyweight versus Flyweight.

Just science.

He should be top 5 on P4P list with Conor, DC, Mighty Mouse and Joanna.

A valid point but still think Stipe is far more accomplished and in the form he's in I can't see anyone coming remotely close to beating him. Not even Cain, if he ever comes back.

• Advertisement

DJ can only beat whats in front of him but get ****ed Tim Elliot and the boys the state of the division full of bums, his record title defence will be against Ray Borg or something it be like Stipe defending against Anthony Hamilton.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Proving to be one of the best HW fighters of all time now thats some list of names he is after walking through.

Tied for most defences now, next challenger will probably be Ngannou or Lewis. Don't think either will trouble him.

Since the first JDS fight he has absolutely demolished everything in his path, the Mark Hunt fight was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen, and then clean vicious KOs of Werdum, Reem and JDS. And a round 1 finish if Arlovski. Absolutely incredible streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Miocic via Submission
    Stipe top bloke !

Tied for most defences now, next challenger will probably be Ngannou or Lewis. Don't think either will trouble him.

Since the first JDS fight he has absolutely demolished everything in his path, the Mark Hunt fight was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen, and then clean vicious KOs of Werdum, Reem and JDS. And a round 1 finish if Arlovski. Absolutely incredible streak.

Yeah its some list, althought they werent in their prime he still dispatched them all with ease would love to see him fight Cain next if we could bubblewrap him.

Yeah its some list, althought they werent in their prime he still dispatched them all with ease would love to see him fight Cain next if we could bubblewrap him.

Not in their prime but most of them came back and won their next fight, and all of them were ranked highly at the time too.

Think Cain is as good as finished now, his body has been through way too much and it's not right for someone to be injured so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dos Santos via Submission
    That big left would still put Stipe to sleep though.

Few thoughts on the rest of the card.

Shame Poirier and Alvarez finished the way it did, should have been a DQ win for Poirier really. Thought he should have finished Eddie earlier in the round anyway, he seemed a bit hesistant when Eddie was in trouble. A rematch will do me fine though, great scrap up until the end.

Frankie was class, Yair just wasn't ready for this big of a fight against someone so experienced. Not sure what's next for Frankie, I think Aldo will beat Holloway and not much interest in a 3rd Aldo fight. Maybe go up or down in weight class, but 145 is probably his best division.

Maia didn't win as easily as some people are saying for me, Rd 2 and 3 were split evenly between striking and grappling. Fair to say Masvidal won all the striking parts, although not as convincingly as Maia won the grappling. Masvidal s defensive grappling was phenomenally good, Maia was never really close to sinking in any chokes.

No real interest in WMMA and I barely watched the JJ fight, I wish WMMA had their own cards. She's obviously extremely good but I just have no interest in watching their fights.

Great card overall, lived up to expectations and more. Hopefully the poor start to 2017 was the exception and won't be the norm, if we got a card like that every couple of months it would be brilliant.

Oh and Eddies wife should be banned from attending UFC events, or at least made to sit as far away from microphones as possible. Or someone should just tell her to shut up. Either way we shouldn't have to listen to her screaming for the entirety of his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

EDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

mdwexford wrote: »
    Did you score it yourself?

Was surprised at a split decision myself.
    Personally I had Maia 1 and 3.

But said at the time it either could thane taken either round depending on the judge.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Personally I had Maia 1 and 3.

But said at the time it either could thane taken either round depending on the judge.

I had Maia all three but an argument could nearly be made for Masvidal to have won all three as well. Even the first one, yes he had back control for 4 minutes or more, but he took serious damage in the final exchanges.

I had Maia all three but an argument could nearly be made for Masvidal to have won all three as well. Even the first one, yes he had back control for 4 minutes or more, but he took serious damage in the final exchanges.
    Pretty much.
    I gave Masvidal the 2nd as I felt Maia controlled less than half on the mat.

I just realised that had Maia gotbthe sub I'd have won $200 as the rest of my bests came. Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Mellor wrote: »
    I just realised that had Maia gotbthe sub I'd have won $200 as the rest of my bests came. Meh

I would have won €7k had he got the sub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I want to see this again but 5 rounds, DP is a class act aswell what he done in the post fight interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭creeper1

When Maia closed the distance and made it a grappling fight I really thought it was curtains.

It seemed Maia was hanging on to his back for a good few minutes. Amazingly neither fighter tired. That is Maia hooks didn't slip off and his opponent didn't fall down ( thus ensuring his doom)

When he survived that round he really needed to get a knock out to put himself out of harms way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I watched the Poirier fight last night when I came in drunk. Didn't notice Alvarez's wife screetching at all at the time. Watched it back this morning after reading everyone on about her. Holy ****! I'm amazed he can put up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

cletus wrote:
    So what's the bet? Least amount of posts to ban? Most reactions?

Did not even get a chance to place my bet in his inevitable ban lol
    Django99 wrote:
    Oh and Eddies wife should be banned from attending UFC events, or at least made to sit as far away from microphones as possible. Or someone should just tell her to shut up. Either way we shouldn't have to listen to her screaming for the entirety of his fights.

She is so annoying

edddddddddddddddiiiiieeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I watched the Poirier fight last night when I came in drunk. Didn't notice Alvarez's wife screetching at all at the time. Watched it back this morning after reading everyone on about her. Holy ****! I'm amazed he can put up with that.

I know she's near microphones so it might not be as bad as I think but....... I'd be seriously considering walking out of the arena for the duration of that fight if I was within 10 rows of her!!

She can't actually believe that shrieking is helping anyone can she?

Advertisement