Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 211 - Miocic vs dos Santos 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

martyos121 wrote: »
    Maia reckons the standup was "even".

He's as funny as he is talented, love him! :D

In fairness he was never in danger on his feet, whereas on the mat he was close a couple of times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭MontoAddict

Come on Woodley!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Still Ill wrote: »
    I really like Maia, but good luck selling Maia Woodley

If it's on the Jones DC card like I'd say it will then that's the sell

• Registered Users Posts: 39,031 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BULL****! BJJ RUINS ANOTHER FIGHT!
    Why you mad bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dos Santos via Submission
    Not sure how a judge gave that to Gamebred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Miocic via Submission
    In fairness he was never in danger on his feet, whereas on the mat he was close a couple of times

No but to call it even was hilarious, he was getting tagged and giving absolutely nothing back. That doesn't translate to "even" for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

BULL****! BJJ RUINS ANOTHER FIGHT!

The following legends share a little chuckle at your expense.

168dbf1ee681d67a8886f6d6845b5177.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Even Rogan and the comm teams were unsure of the scoring, got taked down and controlled in every single round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

No but to call it even was hilarious, he was getting tagged and giving absolutely nothing back. That doesn't translate to "even" for me.

Ah I hear ya but I think it might have been lost in translation. Think he meant it was more even than on the ground, although when we think about it Maia was in real trouble at the end of the 1st

Woodey at home drilling nothing but single leg defences, can see him land a right handed haymaker on Maia hope im wrong.

Whorehay won that fight! Clinging on to someone's back is NOT fighting.

If JJ survives first 2 rounds she wins. This girl has more power than Claudia and the last girl though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah I hear ya but I think it might have been lost in translation. Think he meant it was more even than on the ground, although when we think about it Maia was in real trouble at the end of the 1st

I actually scored the first round for Masvidal because of that. He pounded Maia hard and I think with another 30 seconds on the clock, he may have gotten the stoppage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Come let me cling to your back and see how you feel after 15 minutes of it so.

I'll make sure you feel like you've been in a fight, I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Miocic via Submission
    If it's on the Jones DC card like I'd say it will then that's the sell

True, but risky business putting it on a Jones card.. If Jones screws up again it'll be a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Maia controlled him on the ground but Masvidal defended with real confidence, On the feet Maia didn't defend himself in any way. If striking is to be judged first over grappling then Masvidal should have won.

Judges were having a laugh.

True, but risky business putting it on a Jones card.. If Jones screws up again it'll be a disaster.

Fool me once? Shame on you. Fool me nine times? Hi Bones! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Woodleys last fight WAS fighting i suppose?

• Advertisement

It's still a title fight so that's the backup for if Jones goes on the binge again or AKA strikes again

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Woodleys last fight WAS fighting i suppose?

Woodleys last fight was a showcase in two skilled fighters who were terrified of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Miocic via Submission
    DC is starting to make me want to go to bed. Somehow I haven't realised until now how fcuking little he actually contributes to commentary. Cruz is much, much better but I'd like to see Rogan and Grisham on 212, for something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Come let me cling to your back and see how you feel after 15 minutes of it so.

I'll make sure you feel like you've been in a fight, I promise.

Isn't the entire point of BJJ to look for the sub? He didn't get it, wasn't really that close to getting it. Masvidal went for the KO and nearly got it, in the first round and at the beginning of the third. This shouldn't be a grappling and striking discussion, it's a judging error. Striking comes first, always.

Andrade is gonna spam wild hooks here for about 8 minutes with the td threat, all or nothing I feel for her, I've Joanna to win 4th or 5th.

DC is starting to make me want to go to bed. Somehow I haven't realised until now how fcuking little he actually contributes to commentary. Cruz is much, much better but I'd like to see Rogan and Grisham on 212, for something different.

3 is too much anyway and when 2 are useless it's making Rogan worse

Sooner they get someone permanent the better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

dos Santos via Submission
    Cmon JJ, take this female apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yea joanna by a thousand tiny punches, but wouldnt be surprised if andrade lands one wild one and its over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭cletus

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Isn't the entire point of BJJ to look for the sub? He didn't get it, wasn't really that close to getting it. Masvidal went for the KO and nearly got it, in the first round and at the beginning of the third. This shouldn't be a grappling and striking discussion, it's a judging error. Striking comes first, always.

He didn't get the sub due to very good defence from gamebred, but he s close insofar as any small mistake from Jorge, and he was sleeping.

• Advertisement

I hate BJJ even more after tonight. I didn't think that was even possible.

Advertisement